Anyone have any ideas....? (.pkm editing)

Jimera

I'm trying to re-create the red Gyarados I traded to a friend, so I downloaded a Gyarados .pkm file from the database, opened it with Pokesav and changed the OT name, gender, TID and SID to match those of my retail SoulSilver save file. I used the PID/IV generator to calculate a legitimate shiny PID and IV set for this Gyarados and made sure all the other details added up correctly. The legality checker returns it as completely legitimate (Normal NDS type).

However, when I send this Pokemon to my retail cart via SendPKM, there's still one detail that gives it away as edited. On its status screen where level at which it was met is displayed, it says "Apparently met at level 30" instead of "Met at level 30." This is a giveaway that the Pokemon did not in fact originate from my retail cart's save file even though the OT, TID and SID are identical. Are the Pokemon's Hidden Values connected to this in some way? Is there any way to get around this other than trading a normal Gyarados from the Lake of Rage from my retail cart to a flashcart ROM, porting it from the ROM to my PC, editing it in Pokesav and then sending it back through the flashcart to my retail SS game? (I've been having all kinds of problems configuring my flashcart and I can't even find a HG/SS ROM to run on it.)

I'd be eternally grateful if anyone could provide some insight.

You'll have to change the hidden values there's a thread around here somewhere that tells you how they work in HG/SS ... the ball it's caught in must be the same as the Hidden values say it was caught. It must be set to faraway place and the Hidden values decide the route .. once that's all correct it will be set to 'met at.'

Edit: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?218-~Guide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-Values~

Thanks much, guys. I also just noticed something when I run the Gyarados through the legality checker... next to its type, it doesn't say "Sync: Valid" like it does with all the other Pokemon I've Pokesav'd. I can't figure out how to validate the sync...

EDIT: I gave it a chained shiny ID and now it says the "Chained Sync" is valid, but it still says "Apparently met..." and not "Met at..." per your suggestion, here's the .pkm file, please let me know if you can figure out what I did wrong...

Xue Long.pkm

Xue Long.pkm

Edited by Jimera

just so you know you should use the edit post button, i just did that and got the same thing in my game, makes me wonder if he didnt get his sid correctly

I was almost positive i infact edited my first post. My mistake. I think there is a typo somewhere in his pkm file locally

Hahaha, thanks for all the help, guys. It turns out I DID have the wrong SID, but I made a really strange discovery in the process of finding that out.

I had used Smogon's SID calculator (accessible via http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id and then clicking on the corresponding link) to calculate the secret ID from my SoulSilver save file. That program specifies that you need to use a normal (non-chained) shiny Pokemon from which to calculate the secret ID number. Not having one, I instead experimented with a non-shiny Pokemon. Smogon's SID calculater spit out a SID that my SS save file DID accept as valid, even up to the point of allowing me to change the name of any Pokemon to which I assigned that SID and my normal TID from that file.

However, recently I obtained an NDS Adapter Plus, which is a USB device that interfaces directly with retail NDS carts and can upload and download save files between the cart and a PC. I used this device to rip my save file to my computer, and upon opening it in Pokesav, I discovered that my -real- Secret ID was totally different from the one the SID calculator had given me.

So in the end, it seems the original results I received from the SID calculator WERE still somehow valid, and deceived me as a result. (Then again, I suppose it was my own fault for not following Smogon's instructions xD) The interesting piece of all this is that apparently it's possible for there to be more than one Secret ID that legitimately matches a given Trainer ID, but there's only one Secret ID that *COMPLETELY* matches it. When I entered the secret ID I obtained from my gamerip and edited my Gyarados' .pkm file accordingly, it now shows up correctly as "Met at..." and not "Apparently met."

Thank you guys again for helping me again with this. Oh, and

Eternally grateful huh? that's pretty hardcore for a gyrados :P

It's not the Gyarados, it's the principle, haha, I just wanted to figure out what the heck was going wrong- which all of you helped me to do. So thanks again. :)