Need help making a OU team

I need a good OU team to play with some friends. I'm a complete noob at this... and usually I used Ubers, but I think its about time I make a team for Standard rules.

For the Natures, I will use pokesav to make a nice PID/IV set and a nature that fits the pokemon well. It will ether be Adament or Modest (All 31 IVs if Modest, and all 31 IVs (but a 24 IV on Sp Att) if Adament.

Stats/EVs are HP/ATT/DEF/SP ATT/SP DEF/SPD

So far I have:

Zapdos

Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder, AncientPower, Roost.

Stats (lvl 100): 342/189/227/360/237/257

Item: Zap Plate

EVs: 85/0/85/172/84/84

Latias

Moves: Dragon Pulse, Psychic, Roost, and Shadow Ball

Stats (lvl 100): 322/176/237/328/317/277

Item: Draco Plate

Heatran

Moves: Heat Wave, Magma Storm, Flash Cannon, and Earth Power.

Stats (lvl 100): 344/194/269/372/269/211

Item: Earth Plate

Lucario

Moves: Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Crunch, Stone Edgge

Stats (lvl 100): 281/350/177/233/176/279

Item: Choice Band

EVs: 0/252/4/0/0/252

Gengar

Moves: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse

Stats (lvl100): 282/149/177/372/207/277

Item: Spooky Plate

Suicune

Moves: Surf, Hydro Pump. Ice Beam, Dig

Stats (lvl 100): 362/167/287/284/287/227/

Item: Splash Plate

EDIT: Since nobody has posted in this thread, it has been updated with what I think may be a complete finish. Now I guess I'm asking for suggestions?

Edited by Makar

Ah Ok I see... Edits will be in Bold :)

I need a good OU team to play with some friends. I'm a complete noob at this... and usually I used Ubers, but I think its about time I make a team for Standard rules.

For the Natures, I will use pokesav to make a nice PID/IV set and a nature that fits the pokemon well. It will ether be Adament or Modest (All 31 IVs if Modest, and all 31 IVs (but a 24 IV on Sp Att) if Adament.

Stats/EVs are HP/ATT/DEF/SP ATT/SP DEF/SPD

So far I have:

Ok so I see that most of your pokemon have the same EV spread, which would show, from what I can see, that you're going for a balanced sort of feel. Though the spreads you've given for each pokemon could work in some circumstances and on some other pokemon, you're not working to some of pokemon's strengths. So, I'll try and help with that. :)

Heatran @ shuca berry

Nature: Naive

Moves: Stealth Rock, Fire Blast, Explosion, Earth Power

EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe

Heatran makes for a good lead pokemon with it's access to both stealth rock and explosion. With a shucca Berry, earth type attacks are halved once (taking a 4x Effective earthquake down to 2x). And with the amount of swampert and aerodactyl leads, you really do need that berry. Fire blast is for STAB and Earth power for coverage. Stealth rock is to help weaken your oppanants pokemon each switch and explosion is for a last minute ... Boom, for when times are tough and you're struggling to handle someone.

Zapdos @ Leftovers/Lightclay

Nature: Bold/ Calm

Moves: Thunderbolt, Heat wave, Roar/Reflect/Light screen/ extrasensory/ Thunderwave, Roost.

EVs: 248 HP, 228 Def/SpDef, 32 Spe

One of the scariest zapdos sets you could use would be it's defensive set (which is what I've listed above.) It has a good mix of both power and defensive capabilities. You have a lot of variety if you chose to run this set and I'll explain your options. Firstly the EV's and nature should complement eachother. So if you run Calm, you want to put 228 EV's into Special defence to make it specially defencive. You could then also run Lightscreen to make it a super specially defensive wall (which would also help your team take special hits better) or reflect to add a bit of physical bulk to this set aswell (with again the added bonus of the rest of your team being more physically defencive). If you chose to run either light screen or reflect you could also use light clay to boost reflect/light screen's effect to 8 turns instead of 5. If you don't want to run either of the two available screens you could use roar to quickly get rid of pokemon that zapdos can't handle with thunderbolt or heatwave. For instance Tyranitar laughs in the face of this set, so roar could be of use. Similarly Extrasensory adds a little more coverage and take care of things like rotom. Thunderwave also provides good support for your team and cripples some big time sweepers such as salamence who rely on their speed to get the sweep. I'm assuming this is for Wifi play as you say you're playing with friends, However if you're not playing wifi and have access to hidden powers, hidden power ice or grass both help to solve your tyranitar problem - hidden power grass also taking down swampert.

On an added note I recommend using zapdos as a specially defensive wall as you have a suicune on your team who runs a mean physically defensive set

Latias @ Life Orb/ Lum Berry/ Leftovers

Nature: Timid/ Modest

Moves: Dragon Pulse, Surf, Recover/Substitue, Calm Mind

Latias, generally speaking, works really well as a special sweeper, with it's high special defence, typing and ability, you can find some easy switch ins to set her up. Again you have a bit of variety as to how you work this set. Dragon pulse provides good solid STAB and Surf handles most things that resist it. You could either run substitute or recover, Substitute saves Latias getting vrippled by a status, while recover lets you recover away the damage taken while you set up calm minds. If you run substitue over recover then run Life orb or leftovers. If you run recover you might want to use a lum berry to save you from status afflictions, though life orb is better for it's sheer power. If you run thunderwave on zapdos then you can have a modest nature on Latias, as she should out run most things once they are paralysed. If not then make sure you run Timid to get that added speed boost.

Lucario

Moves: Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Crunch, Stone Edgge

Stats (lvl 100): 281/350/177/233/176/279

Item: Choice Band

EVs: 0/252/4/0/0/252

This set is fine and works well with both Zapdos and Heatran. If you predict an incoming earthquake switch to zapdos to resist it, or if you predict a fire type attack switch to heatran to absorb it and give heatran a new lease on life.

Gengar: @ Life Orb

Nature: Timid/ Modest

Moves: Substitute, Hypnosis, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball

Gengar is a cool pokemon to have on any team that uses any form of entry hazards, though arguably rotom does a better job, if you have wifi you can't use the rotom appliances anyway. With this set the idea is to send Gengar out on anything that he resists specifically explosion, rapid spin, choice locked close combat etc etc... Simply yyou'll have a lot of opportunities to send out Gengar. Once he's out sub up, put someone to sleep then have some fun with Shadow ball (STAB) and Focus blast (which, together, provides universal coverage. Depending on what you feel you need, you can run either timid or modest for either more speed or more special attack.

Suicune @ Leftovers

Nature: Bold

Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Calm Mind, Roar/Substitute

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpAtk

This is a cool way to run suicune as he has a lot of bulk as it is and also has a lot of attack power after you've used calm mind a couple times. Surf is for STAB, Ice Beam is for coverage. You can either use substitute to hide behind while you use calm mind or, like zapdos, you can use roar to eliminate other threats. You want to have one of either Zapdos or Suicune to be using Roar to take advantage of the stealth Rocks that Heatran has Laid.

EDIT: Since nobody has posted in this thread, it has been updated with what I think may be a complete finish. Now I guess I'm asking for suggestions?

I feel that you could make use of blissey over Zapdos as that way you have a reliable way of removing statuses that can hurt your pokemon... and also provides a good way to counter special pokemon :).

Similarly you might want to run rapid spin to stop zapdos taking so much damage from stealth rocks .. or to just get rid of entry hazards in general. A good spinner would be forretress and you might want to run that over suicune.

These two sets would be:

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 200 HP/52 Atk/252 Def

Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spe)

- Gyro Ball/Earthquake

- Rapid Spin

- Explosion

- Earthquake/Spikes/Toxic Spikes

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 25 HP/252 Def/232 SDef

Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Aromatherapy

- Heal Bell

- Seismic Toss

- Toxic

His team isn't super weak to Stealth Rock, Spikes, or Toxic Spikes. On Zapdos I would recommend either using a Calm set with Thunderwave, or Timid with Substitute+Roost+Toxic, and Thunderwave and maybe even Discharge. Latias can even run a Life Orb and Recover set, using Hidden Power-Fire, Grass Knot, and Dragon Pulse. It works well, and surprises Scizor, Forretress, Lucario and some other things sometimes. Grass Knot 2HKOs standard Tyranitar. I recommend Life Orb and Sword Dance on Lucario. This is an offense team, meaning that most Choice users should be used to revenge kill,which means Choice Scarf Heatran. Also Lucario adds great physical offense =} Suicune can use Calm Mind and 3 attacks or Calm Mind, Rest, Surf, and Sleep Talk/Roar. Gengar can also use Life Orb with Explosion too. Anyways I hope this helped...

Btw Zapdos doesn't learn Reflect and has no need for Extrasensory.