Probably a noob question

impervius

Hey- not entirely sure if this is the right forum to post this, but if it isn't, then please let me know so I can put my threads in the right place in future.

Basically, I'm having trouble using the action replay codes generated by Pokésav on my DS.

The game id IPGE 2D5118CA, which is used by pokésav, is different from the IPGE cdbe84d9 which is used by my copy of action replay- i assume that this is a region issue. Is there any way I can get the Pokésav code to work on my UK version of soulsilver?

Thanks

That file doesn't have a legal location met, it's just a line. Should be Farawayplace.

As for effort values, Leondarkfury... there's a such thing as Pokemon without effort values. Obviously, why else would EV-reducing berries exist? :\

Last I checked, the HG/SS Pokesav, English version, is not able to make working codes. There's a problem with the Game ID, I think. The ID Pokesav uses... is the Japanese one? ... Well, I know it doesn't work, I've tried it (On my N. American version, still, regions shouldn't be an issue in this case).

Use something like Codr's Pokemon Generator, that can make all sorts of working codes. Been tested by plenty, it definitely does the trick.

Right... please explain to me why each one of these files have no effort values. They have been extracted off my Heart Gold game, other than Kyogre, captured in the wild. Not hatched, wild.

Effort values have no relevance to PIDs from wild Pokemon. Individual values have correlation, assuming that it's a wild Pokemon.

Red Gyarados.pkm

Hidden Tower Kyogre.pkm

Roaming Entei.pkm

Cerulean Cape Suicune - Worufu.pkm

Red Gyarados.pkm

Hidden Tower Kyogre.pkm

Roaming Entei.pkm

Cerulean Cape Suicune - Worufu.pkm

Edited by Aarux
More specifications... and punctuation.

Easy the one answer is they are LEGENDARY POKEMON they have different things that apply to them so they don't really count because they are a special case. Also red gyarados is a rare like 1 in a million chance pokemon to catch after you catch it in Lake of Rage.

Edited by Zoidian Eve

That file doesn't have a legal location met, it's just a line. Should be Farawayplace.

As for effort values, Leondarkfury... there's a such thing as Pokemon without effort values. Obviously, why else would EV-reducing berries exist? :\

Last I checked, the HG/SS Pokesav, English version, is not able to make working codes. There's a problem with the Game ID, I think. The ID Pokesav uses... is the Japanese one? ... Well, I know it doesn't work, I've tried it (On my N. American version, still, regions shouldn't be an issue in this case).

Use something like Codr's Pokemon Generator, that can make all sorts of working codes. Been tested by plenty, it definitely does the trick.

the location met is the DEC code for whatever route it was that i put in the HEX boxes. All the recognised routes are in Sinnoh, and it's impossible to meet someone in a faraway place isn't it?

also, i notice that when loaded into pokésav, your .pkm file shows up in red text, while the ones I have made show up in blue. This remains the case even when i turn your EVs to 0 (which I'm sure is the case on all untrained pokémon).

I notice that yours has a different PID- have you made it shiny?

lastly, Aarux, i've been unable to find the pokémon generator you mentioned- is it actually "Codr's" or was that a typo? If you could help me that would be amazing

All HG/SS locations are viewed as Farawayplace, in order to be compatible with D/P/Pt, which do not have Johto locations programmed into them. HG/SS rely on hex values to turn "Farawayplace" into an actual location. Please read the Hex Guide posted by Preston, found here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?218-%7EGuide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-Values%7E

Male Pokemon have blue names, females have red. No gender Pokemon have green.

Which one has a different PID? They all have different PIDs...

I'll look for it and tell you the link when I find it.

The username is "Codr". If you hit new posts, it should pop up... regardless, here is the link: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?6424-Pokemon-Generator-%28Updated-for-HG-SS-%5BUS%5D%29

As for Pineco. Leondarkfury gave it a legal PID, as yours was not a real one, thus making Pineco hacked. Wild Pokemon must have a matching PID, you can't just generate something for it.