GTS: website research (support thread)

I did what M@T said before and couldn't find nothing in port 80, it's status is "LISTENING".

netstat -a says that port 80 is "LISTENING" when no GTS server is running ?

Then here's the problem.

If you run netstat -ano in the Command Prompt, there should be one line looking like this :

TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4892

In purple, port 80 is bound to the local machine.

The PID of the program listening on port 80 is in blue (different from 4892).

To find what process it is associated with, either use the Task Manager or run tasklist /FI "PID eq <pid>", <pid> being the value you previously found.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

netstat -a says that port 80 is "LISTENING" when no GTS server is running ?

Then here's the problem.

If you run netstat -ano in the Command Prompt, there should be one line looking like this :

TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4892

In purple, port 80 is bound to the local machine.

The PID of the program listening on port 80 is in blue (different from 4892).

To find what process it is associated with, either use the Task Manager or run tasklist /FI "PID eq <pid>", <pid> being the value you previously found.

LOL

Sorry for my Stupid Error, it was the GTS running, I tried to verify again and port 80 was not "LISTENING".

So, It means port 80 is working correctly right? But why can't I get the pokemon? The HyperGTS/Sendpkm.py/IR-GTS doesn't show any connections.

So yes, that's not an error with port 80.

I didn't see it in your previous post, did you put your computer's IP address in your DS' DNS settings ?

Also, if you are doing it inside your local network, you don't have to use your external IP, nor do you need to forward the ports.

So yes, that's not an error with port 80.

I didn't see it in your previous post, did you put your computer's IP address in your DS' DNS settings ?

Also, if you are doing it inside your local network, you don't have to use your external IP, nor do you need to forward the ports.

Yes, I already inserted my Lan IP and External IP in the DS' DNS settings. I know that I don't need to forward ports when doing this inside my local network, but I did it to make sure I already tried everything.

-------

EDIT (Adding info):

I can get pokemons from other GTS' events like pokebox, but when I try to create my own GTS it doesn't work.

Edited by Louquin
ADDING INFO

I sincerely need your help. I have Hyper GTS, and set it up fine. I cannot connect to it via my external IP, but Myself, my wife and my son all connected and downloaded pokemon on our DS's. I want to set this up for my friends across the country to get some of the awesome stuff that mat and bond offer here, but I know nothing of port forwarding, I can access my router of course, but don't know where to go from there. Also, I need answers to what IP to use for people out of my LAN? the External? I have Verizon High speed internet, and I do not think my ports are blocked, but every time I try to "ping" 53 & 80 with PFportchecker, it hits the router than says it's blocked, so obviously people from the outside cannot get to my GTS....what am I doing wrong here? and can anyone walk me thru like I am an idiot on port forwarding? as I have no clue!!! I tried googling it, got info, but do not understand it at all!

My router is a Linksys WRT54G2 V1, and my modem is from Verizon, a westell G90-610015-20.

any help I can get is appreciated

Edited by Butterfree 1967

I sincerely need your help. I have Hyper GTS, and set it up fine. I cannot connect to it via my external IP, but Myself, my wife and my son all connected and downloaded pokemon on our DS's. I want to set this up for my friends across the country to get some of the awesome stuff that mat and bond offer here, but I know nothing of port forwarding, I can access my router of course, but don't know where to go from there. Also, I need answers to what IP to use for people out of my LAN? the External? I have Verizon High speed internet, and I do not think my ports are blocked, but every time I try to "ping" 53 & 80 with PFportchecker, it hits the router than says it's blocked, so obviously people from the outside cannot get to my GTS....what am I doing wrong here? and can anyone walk me thru like I am an idiot on port forwarding? as I have no clue!!! I tried googling it, got info, but do not understand it at all!

My router is a Linksys WRT54G2 V1, and my modem is from Verizon, a westell G90-610015-20.

any help I can get is appreciated

your ports likely aren't blocked per se, but how is anyone supposed to get to the computer with hyperGTS on it if your router doesn't know where to send them? thus, forwarding ports. :)

forwarding port 80:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G2/HTTP.htm

for port 53, do the exact same thing, but use 53 instead of 80 and do it on the next line down under your setup for port 80.

the IP you forward to is the IP address of the computer that hyperGTS is running on.

e: for what IP to give others, go to http://www.whatismyip.com and use that one.

Edited by Bond697

• 4 weeks later...

1st of i am new here hi ^-^ i had vista and used hyper gts but now since i got a hard drive failure i can't boot os so i am stuck using ubuntu 10.10 and my psp to boot it lol (also my hard drive can't b detected) i hav python 2.7 and wine already but i dont know if hyper gts can be used on this for sure, i hav tried but it wont run.it says opening dsn_server n same 4 hypergts but it never does open v.v

help on this would be nice ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh* Okay, here's my problem.

So I have the latest version of Hyper GTS (version 1.02 by Shiny Jirachi) running, selected a Poke to transfer to Platinum, then clicked Start GTS. Then I opened up the DNS server, said "yes" to everything, and the server was started. I changed my primary DNS for my DS to my PC's IP address, and changed my secondary to that of my default gateway.

I talked to the lady at the counter, got on the GTS with six mons in my party, and no dice. It proceeded as normal, and I didn't get the mon I tried to send. No further activity in either the DNS server nor Hyper GTS was logged.

Special conditions here: I have DD-WRT for my router's firmware, and I have it split into two subnets. A WPA2 for my main one, and WEP for my secondary, which I have been able to use to connect to Wifi for a while now.

What specifically am I doing wrong? Anything I could have possibly overlooked? As for the DNS Server program, am I supposed to do anything with what it detects as my Real DNS server or my Local IP? Where do I find the Fake DNS, if there even is one to be used?

Anybody? Please? I'm dyin over here!

Edited by Abra Kapocus

• 9 months later...