GTS: website research (support thread)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it possible to make it so that when people get on my GTS server, and they search for any pokemon (that I have on my computer), my server automatically sends them that pokemon file when they click "search"?

edit: sorry for posting twice in a row.

• 2 weeks later...
It could be missing to much information for the game to try and load maybe? I don't know.

Checked the file again. I realized I got everything other than PID.. I feel ashamed of myself. I've never made that mistake before. I guess I'll just have to forever avoid that slot unless there's a way to get rid of it, which I doubt.

Hello, I'm having some problems sending pokemons to my DS and I'm wondering if anyone can help me here.

The thing is, whenever I try to send pokemon my DS gets to the fake GTS but then just disconnects, everything works perfectly when sending pokemon from my diamond to the fake GTS and when I take those pokemon back from the GTS to my DS, but whenever I try to use the "sendpkmn" utility it fails, the DS actually enters the fake GTS but then I get a bluescreen that says:

"A communication error has ocurred.

You will be returned to the title

screen.

Please press the A button."

then it takes me back to the title screen, and I don't get the pokemon.

I don't know what's going on, since the GTS works perfectly when using it to send pokemon from my DS to the fake GTS.

I get the error using either HyperGTS, sendpkmn.py or sendpkm.exe

I have my ports open and firewall exceptions.

@Israd: Did you check your PC box?

Yes I did, the pokemon don't get to my DS, I'm pretty sure the disconnection occurs before any data is transfered to the DS, because the router lights that blink when you send or recieve the pokemon to the GTS don't even blink and then I just get the bluescreen.

Also, the GTS doesn't say anything about data being sent, I don't know if it is supposed to say that, but I assume it should, since it says when it recieves a pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this is pissing me off.

Here's my problem with the GTS:

No matter what I do, it doesn't do anything at all. When I start it on the PC, it appears to run normally, but when I connect with SoulSilver, I'm taken to the official GTS. Yes, I've entered in the correct DNS on my PC and on my DS. I have tried both my private and public IPs; neither worked. Yes, I've forwarded my ports correctly. Yes, I've tried shutting off my firewalls; that is, I've shut off ZoneAlarm, Windows Firewall, and even my router's firewall. Nothing. I checked to make sure nothing was running in port 80, but I didn't see anything. I have tried all sorts of different GTS programs, from the original SendPKM, to GTS Nuker, to HyperGTS, to the recently released GDS, just to name a few. Nothing. I can provide you people with pictures if you need them. I just hope someone can help me.

Edited by NintenEthan
added another note

It sounds to me like you have more than one connection method set up; it tries them in order, so if you hit a connection that works before the one with the DNS setting you get the normal GTS.

Try removing all but the one with the DNS set to your PC's IP.

Edit: And if that doesn't work, try forwarding port 53 to your PC.

I see you have port 80 open, but that only covers the http requests and not the DNS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can anyone help me ive tried to make a shiny black charizard and send it to my game but first i get the 0.0.0.0 thingy and i tried typing my computers ip into the NDS and for a second i thought it might work but then i connected to gts and got the 52100 error code please help im stumped

Im using Vlads gts server hosted locally, and a few months ago it was working correctly, but now everytime i connect to the server it either doesnt download any pokemon, or says "unable to connect to gts server" and sends me back to the lobby :(

Anyone had this happen to them before ?

May be a DNS issue, or something changed on your router or computer like firewall rules or port forwarding.

In general if you can't connect it's most likely firewall or port forwarding that is not setup right. I guess your pc perhaps got a new local ip from the router while the port forward remained assigned to the old local ip.

This ain't the only possibility but that's what I guess at first.

It's hard to keep up helping out people in these threads, they are huge and lots of questions.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I was hoping someone of you coders would be able to help me out.

I'm currently using IR-GTS and it's working just fine except for the error I get on the DS after receiving the Pokemon. The Pokemon is sent successfully already but it's annoying getting that blue screen all the time.

I've downloaded HyperGTS and tried reading the source but couldn't find what it does different so the error doesn't appear (and i'm not so familiar with C# either..).

As I said several times, the famous BSOD happens when the game has never connected to the real GTS before using SendPKM (HyperGTS, IR-GTS, etc. are all made from SendPKM).

Connect to the real GTS once and it should be fine.

EDIT : Uh, I didn't understand athiri's post properly ; so HyperGTS does not make BSODs whereas IR-GTS does ?

The difference must be located in the return values then.

Oh, then I got it wrong. Since I connected to the giveaway GTS posted on the PP forums here and didn't get the error (but I also used a different game). Seems like I didn't connect to the original GTS before from the game i use for testing my own GTS. Will try that, thanks for the help!

I'm using Python 2.6.6 + SendPKM and I have Panda AVPro 2010. When I drag .pkm file onto sendpkm.py it says set DNS to 127.0.0.1 but when I turn off Panda and drag .pkm after that it says set DNS to 192.168.1.101 which is good. Then I can receive Pokemon in my Pearl but not every time because sometimes I get Communication error... or Unable to connect to GTS. The first problem is that after I receive the first Pokemon I need to turn on Panda and turn it off again otherwise all I have is nasty 127.0.0.1. The second problem is that when sendpkm.py is running (with good DNS msg - 192.168.1.101) and I got Communication error or something else in game I need to close it (the sendpkm), turn on & off Panda and then drag .pkm file again in order to try again in my Pearl game. You know what I mean, I'm traying to say that receiving Pokemon in my game must be successfull on the first time after launching sendpkm.py because otherwise I can try and try and nothing will happen (but sendpkm.py is working properly all the time). Can anyone help me with that? How my antivirus and DNS are connected? ; o Why every time I want to send pokemon I need to turn on & off Panda?