GTS: website research (support thread)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go to your wifi connection settings on your ds (they are on the pokemon menu, under mystery gift).

Scroll down your connection info, set auto obtain DNS to No, then underneath it you can change the 000.000.000.000 to the DNS (your computers internal ip).

It doesn't let me set DNS settings and still connect to the Nintendo Wifi Connector.

And no, I can't connect directly to a wireless network due to settings I have no control over.

I've tried setting my computer's DNS to the internal IP, which is what made sendpkm work, but no luck there...

Hi... Having some problems with first time using a GTS app. Decided to start with HyperGTS, since I haven't gotten Python yet. My notebook is the only computer in the house with a recent .NET install for anything (version is 3.5 SP1, to be precise), so that's another thing.

The problem is that I apparently cannot get port TCP80 free, as the pkmsend test app says so.

Before I started anything, I set up a static IP in my router for my notebook (192.168.1.111) and set up virtual server ports (closest thing I could find to 'port forwarding') for TCP80 and UDP53. I don't have any firewall or anti-virus active to meddle with these ports on the notebook side.

I start up HyperGTS, and run a "netstat -an" command alongside it. At this point, netstat did not show that TCP80 was taken by any visible process, and another check with the pkmsend test app said TCP80 was not free.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/network_before.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/hyper_before.png

I didn't think that initial address was anywhere near right, so I disabled IPv6 on my wireless and did a reboot. Another startup of HyperGTS yielded the same messed-up address, with IPv6 off.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/network_after.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/hyper_after.png

I continued on, correcting the address to my 192.168.1.111 local address, and started up netstat again.

I haven't been able to figure out the problem, and I can't see anything that would mess this up.

Disregard my above post, I got some help from the GBAtemps site. However, I have a new problem.

I'm using Terminal to attempt to get the sendpkm.py file to work. When I enter the required commands into Terminal, I get rejected. Here's a screencap of what occurs:

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7619/terminalfailure.png

As you can see, there's a syntax error in line 35 somehow. I have no idea where it might be, or how to fix it, as I'm not a very tech-savvy guy. Do you perhaps know of a way to fix this situation? Any assistance would be excellent, as I have no way to run Pokesav on my Mac, leaving this as my only method of acquiring event Pokemon. :frown:

Thank you for your time!

Uh, it all worked fine..it sent a shaymin over O.o but the sprite is of an egg...:S but it's called shaymin...is this normal?

Edit: It still treats it as an egg...just called Shaymin...i'm confused lol

I figured out what I did wrong. I needed to use Python 2.6.5. But for some reason I can't use sendpkm twice. I could send over my shiny awesome gible, but I can't bring over anything else. Anyway how to fix this?

Hey, just heard about HyperGTS, and decided to give it a whirl...I'm attempting to run it in a virtual machine, Windows XP.

While the program starts fine, and I can start the DNS server, I cannot start the Fake GTS.

winxpprorunningvirtualb.th.png

Anyone know why this might be?

I don't know if I should ask this here....But for some reason after I opened up Port 53, Itunes couldn't connect to the internet. This has never happened before... I was thinking of closing that port, but I can't remember how.... Can someone tell me how or if there might be another problem? This happened after I opened my ports, so I'm thinking it's because of that...

its a bug okay this is what happens When you re install xp Send pkm dosent work then HYpergts works. THen after a few days like you keep sendpkm or did not reinstall any windows sendpkm works but not hyper gts.

Hey, just heard about HyperGTS, and decided to give it a whirl...I'm attempting to run it in a virtual machine, Windows XP.

While the program starts fine, and I can start the DNS server, I cannot start the Fake GTS.

winxpprorunningvirtualb.th.png

Anyone know why this might be?

Are you running any IM program (eg. Skype), a webserver (Apache...) or whatever that could use port 80 ?

So, how exactly do we use the HyperGTS to set up a custom download server?

I'm able to receive my own Pokemon using the DNS address that sendpkm gave me in HyperGTS.

Do I give out the DNS address to other people or what?

Hi... Having some problems with first time using a GTS app. Decided to start with HyperGTS, since I haven't gotten Python yet. My notebook is the only computer in the house with a recent .NET install for anything (version is 3.5 SP1, to be precise), so that's another thing.

The problem is that I apparently cannot get port TCP80 free, as the pkmsend test app says so.

Before I started anything, I set up a static IP in my router for my notebook (192.168.1.111) and set up virtual server ports (closest thing I could find to 'port forwarding') for TCP80 and UDP53. I don't have any firewall or anti-virus active to meddle with these ports on the notebook side.

I start up HyperGTS, and run a "netstat -an" command alongside it. At this point, netstat did not show that TCP80 was taken by any visible process, and another check with the pkmsend test app said TCP80 was not free.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/network_before.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/hyper_before.png

I didn't think that initial address was anywhere near right, so I disabled IPv6 on my wireless and did a reboot. Another startup of HyperGTS yielded the same messed-up address, with IPv6 off.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/network_after.png

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/OmegaNine/hyper_after.png

I continued on, correcting the address to my 192.168.1.111 local address, and started up netstat again.

I haven't been able to figure out the problem, and I can't see anything that would mess this up.

More on this... I can access the HyperGTS server from across my network, being able to cause invalid GTS requests using my PSP's browser, but it's just the DS that will not connect, citing that it cannot connect to WFC.

Okay, so, I've had no problem setting up HyperGTS, DNS is good, GTS is good.

Trying to send a TRU Regi but no matter what I do it just doesn't want to work.

Is there some special step I'm missing? The GTS accepts my Pokemon just fine. When I try to use Reject, however, it gives me that blue connection error screen.

Do you have to be able to request the particular Pokemon you're trying to receive? I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Just wondering, what exactly is

Got wrong request from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, probably not from a DS.

Error was : An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

And if this could be prevented/fixed?

Also, is there a way to make people unable to connect to anything else while using your DNS Settings but the GTS/SendPKM Server?

(e.g. Nintendo WiFi Club for trading with others, using the Web Browser on DS)

• 2 weeks later...

in HyperGTS is it possible to make the receive folder different than the send folder? Because right now i have to stop the gts and reselect the pokemon on want to send every time because for some reason it defaults to the new addition in the folder. Unless of course there is a faster way to send multiply pokemon to the ds without giving a few trash ones. or having to exit and re-enter the gts over and over. Thankie for your time~

Hi guys, this is my first post here, I've been using pokesav and sendpkm for a while, but only now had the necessity to post, since I have some questions myself, after reading this thread.

I've been using sendpkm since the beggining, to send pokemon to myself via gts, and some weeks ago, I thought if it was possible to do the other way around, so I found Hyper Gts, and everything is working normally.

Now, ever since people started distributing pokemon to other people, I wanted to do this myself, but couldn't, because Hyper gts always give me a internal dns (192.168.etc), and I have NO IDEA how you guys do it yourselves. After reading this thread and some others, people with similar questions were said "You need a DNS server, to redirect your DS's requests to your computer." or "use no-ip.org", but I have no idea how to do so I've been around that site and their program, and had no clue of what to do, can anyone explain this to me step by step, link me to a tutorial, or open a new thread with a tutorial on how to send pokemon to other people other than ourselves? I fail to see a single guide, step by step, on how to do this, I just want to help people by distributing pokemon!

I know dozens of people want to do this, user from the previous post kinda included, so you'd be helping lots of people.

Cheers

A little help to people with the "set DNS server to 0.0.0.0"problem, I had it myself in the beggining, and found out it was something to do with AVG antivirus, and only disabling it didn't work, I had to uninstall it, to makeeverything work properly, A friend of mine had the exact same issue, we now use a more recent version of AVG (9.0) after unistalling the other, and everything works, maybe this will help some.

I'm able to use sendpkm by myself just find but I'm having trouble getting HyperGTS to work and using it with other people (like giveaways). I ran the pkmsendportcheck application and it said both ports were open.

I've had people try to receive a Pokemon. They say that once they go through the door in the GTS they cannot connect and are forced out. I tried connecting myself and got a 52100 error but I don't know if that's because it was me.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4643/hypergtsissue.jpg

This also occurred with the just-released version.

Do I need to use my DS at all with this?

Edited by gamerotom

Dohohohoho!

I have become rather frustrated with attempting to set up my own GTS server.

I can send Pokemon to myself and people around me, easy. That isn't my problem.

My problem is me attempting to give Pokemon to my friends who live far away. Very. Far. Away.

I downloaded the DNS Nuker and the other SendPKMdx.exe that allows me to send multiple Pokemon and it keeps count of the distributions. I just don't know what primary DNS I have to tell my friends to set their DS's to. I've tried using the one I used locally, I even tried my IP address. I then tried my IP address backwards. ( Like I thought it would work. Gee. )

lolwhatisthis.jpg

lolwhatisthis.jpg.65fc5ffaf87e670f153148

Question: I've used this to send a pokémon from my flashcart save file to my original Pearl and it worked fine, but could I do it the other way? Get on GTS in my Pearl, deposit a pokémon, leave, load my Diamond, get on GTS, and get back the same pokémon? Or maybe I put up an offer for the pokémon in Pearl and then find only that offered pokémon in my Diamond, meaning I can "trade with myself"?