GTS: website research (support thread)

Well now I have a problem. If I'm using my modem connected directly to my Computer I have no problem when anyone tries to connect to my DNS. But when I use my router (I open up UDP/53 and TCP/80 ports) there's no activity on my DNS whatsoever. I'm using a Motorola WR850G

Any ideas?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. I use my local IP, and for the othesr I give them my external IP that serves as a DNS, but they can't connect. :(

I'm using your latest version of DNS_Server.exe.

I even tried to DMZ my Computer in the router settings with no success.

PS: Sorry for my grammar English is not my main language.

If your ports are open in your router, the problem may come from your firewall, try and disable every firewall and antivirus software, it may be helpful.

PS : English is not my main language neither, but I try my best. :redface:

That's wierd indeed. This is not a problem with port opening, 'cause it doesn't even work locally.

I'm sorry but I think I can't help you more, maybe someone else will have another idea... :\

I think I misunderstood your other question, it works locally with the router on, but not externally.

I can access to the fake GTS in the following situations:

LOCAL

ROUTER ON

MODEM DIRECTLY ON COMPUTER

EXTERNAL

MODEM DIRECTLY ON COMPUTER

Oh, sorry, so it is certainly a problem with the ports, I did misunderstand what you said.

When you forwarded your ports, did you use the right local IP address, the one where the servers are ?

Maybe you could try using http://ping.eu/port-chk/ with your public IP and port 80, while SendPKM is running.

If your port is open, the program will show an error, and the website will say it is open.

If so, the problem comes only from UDP 53.

If it doesn't work at all, well I don't know what to do...

Oh, sorry, so it is certainly a problem with the ports, I did misunderstand what you said.

When you forwarded your ports, did you use the right local IP address, the one where the servers are ?

Maybe you could try using http://ping.eu/port-chk/ with your public IP and port 80, while SendPKM is running.

If your port is open, the program will show an error, and the website will say it is open.

If so, the problem comes only from UDP 53.

If it doesn't work at all, well I don't know what to do...

The page tells me that the port 80 is closed and yes I'm using the local IP address correctly as seen on the picture.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4578/derpj.jpg

I don't know what else to do to forward the port :( , I even tried to DMZ my IP on the router with no success.

Is there a command to randomize the Pokémon sent, instead of doing alphabetical? That would be pretty helpful for something I plan to do...

It says it is waiting for a connection because it waits for the DS to send a request.

You need to download a DNS server too, I posted an automatically-configurable one several posts above.

Finally, you must set up your DS' DNS server properly, as described here, with your local IP provided by the DNS server (the one in yellow if you use mine in version 0.3).

If you get it to work, you have to deposit one of your Pokémon in the fake GTS, it will be converted into a .pkm file.

Then, simply open it with Pokesav to have your SID.

---------------

Goldie, I didn't forget you, I just finished the multiple .PKM sender, go and see the attachment. :biggrin:

To use it, place your .pkm and .bin files in the directory 'PKMs', they will be sent in alphabetic order (it loops when it reaches the end).

You can also drag and drop a .pkm or a .bin file onto the .exe in order to make the program send this Pokémon only.

I'm no hurry really, I just would like to have a little distribution event at my birthday party this saturday... so as long as you can make it by friday noght, that's more than enough.

Thanks again for being so awesome!

No, this is not possible at the moment, because Wonder Cards use SSL.

I think one can extract the certificate from the ROM, but I'm not good with SSL, I don't know how it works actually.

Hi, I recently tried a new approach to the GTS site, the one with just dnsserver.py and pkmlib.py, but I'm having a problem. I go into SSH and activate dnsserver.py, and it comes up as redirecting to itself (just redirected to the same IP), but when I set my DNS and try to connect, I get this:

iyhcmu.png

And it says "You were disconnected from the GTS. Returning to the reception counter." Any help?

Hi, I recently tried a new approach to the GTS site, the one with just dnsserver.py and pkmlib.py, but I'm having a problem. I go into SSH and activate dnsserver.py, and it comes up as redirecting to itself (just redirected to the same IP), but when I set my DNS and try to connect, I get this:

-pic-

And it says "You were disconnected from the GTS. Returning to the reception counter." Any help?

I got that when i was trying to connect to my wan ip address, while being inside the local lan. But if your not, that i would suggest to see if port 53 is unblocked (UDP) ?

Okay, I need someone with really good DNS experience to PM me. I apparently need to make a name server on a Linux (Ubuntu) server, and have it so that Port 80 and Port 53 are open. Or just enable Port 53 on my current server setup.

Okay, I need someone with really good DNS experience to PM me. I apparently need to make a name server on a Linux (Ubuntu) server, and have it so that Port 80 and Port 53 are open. Or just enable Port 53 on my current server setup.

If you have shared hosting, port 53 would be used as they need to host their own DNS server for everyone on that server there.

Unless you have a dedicated IP, that's a different story.

I'm not positive if it's been asked before, but I've been reading these topics avidly. I am highly interested in all this now that I discovered this a few days ago. My question is, if one were to create a .pkm file with the Pokemon as an egg, would it be able to be sent using sendpkm.py? I suppose theoretically no, seeing as how it is the GTS. Does anyone have input?

EDIT:: Well, I tested it out of curiosity. It was a very... Wonky setup to begin with. I decided to test some crazy stuff. Made a shiny Mew, in an egg, holding a Starf Berry. Results? Shockingly, it worked. However, the view data as an egg said that it was obtained Jan. 0, 2000 A mysterious Pokemon Egg obtained in Mystery Zone, MEW instead of EGG, and it was holding the Starf Berry. Once it hatched, though, since I didn't make the OT data mine, it hatched shiny in animation, but turned normal in my party, as different IDs and SIDs. Also, it says I met it at Lv. 0, and it lost the Starf Berry. I'm going to edit things a bit to where it may work. Not legally, but will retain shininess. Just replacing OT info. Sidenote:: I used PokeGen (Pokemon Generator), which I believe was created by Codr. So that was fun. ^^

EDIT2:: Aha. Changed it like that and, since eggs are not designed to hold items, on its summary, it says Item: Starf Berry, but I can't take the item off the egg. Therefore, the item placed on an egg is doomed to be lost. I suppose I'm having problems in the matter of the SID, because the Mew keeps hatching shiny, but then being normal. What is happening, I don't exactly know. I'm not quite advanced in the subject matter enough. ^^;

Edited by Latias_Kyori
Updated info