GTS: website research (support thread)

M@T @ I have two questions about this now.

1: I stay stuck on waiting for connection, and I read that you need to do other things that you need for this process, but I didn't download anything else. What is the problem?

2: How would I use this to find my SID?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1: I stay stuck on waiting for connection, and I read that you need to do other things that you need for this process, but I didn't download anything else. What is the problem?
Well I opened GTS server, and I got a popup from Firewall, I clicked unblock, then it said waiting for connection.

It says it is waiting for a connection because it waits for the DS to send a request.

You need to download a DNS server too, I posted an automatically-configurable one several posts above.

Finally, you must set up your DS' DNS server properly, as described here, with your local IP provided by the DNS server (the one in yellow if you use mine in version 0.3).

2: How would I use this to find my SID?

If you get it to work, you have to deposit one of your Pokémon in the fake GTS, it will be converted into a .pkm file.

Then, simply open it with Pokesav to have your SID.

---------------

Goldie, I didn't forget you, I just finished the multiple .PKM sender, go and see the attachment. :biggrin:

To use it, place your .pkm and .bin files in the directory 'PKMs', they will be sent in alphabetic order (it loops when it reaches the end).

You can also drag and drop a .pkm or a .bin file onto the .exe in order to make the program send this Pokémon only.

Multiple_PKM_Sender_v0.3+src.zip

Multiple_PKM_Sender_v0.3+src.zip

Nvm. So I changed my DNS, then I opened up the GTS Server with the DNS server still open. I went to the GTS, the connection was working, but I got disconnected from the GTS, and the GTS Server still said Waiting for Connection.

Edited by ASuch

I'm getting

"Error : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond after a period of time, or established failed because connected host has failed to respond."

While using the DNS Server. I know my internet is VERY, VERY laggy. It's worked a few times, so I know it's probably due to the lag. Is there a way to fix the above?

M@T i hope you will be able to answer some questions about your DNS and GTS server programs as i'm slightly confused at the moment about how they work

am i correct that it will allow me to obtain the SID of my pokemon without the use of any cheat device? i opened the DNS server and then the fake GTS server, put the local IP 192.168.1.4 into my DS which is the last IP that came up on the DNS server program. then i tried connecting to the GTS in game but getting the typical 5200 error.

up until now i've been using sendpkm.py and python but that doesn't let me get the SID

*****EDIT*****

NVM, i'm stupid and it was a simple mistake i was doing. works perfectly. thanks! ;o

Matty, to be able to use the DNS and GTS server instead of the sendpkm.py you first need to open and forward ports 80 and 53.

then use the link a couple posts above to find out what your external IP is, use that instead of your local IP with those programs.

zowayixx: it's because you must configure config.php and properly point it to your mysql server location. You must edit the IP, username, password, e.g. in the mysql array. That's why you see that error, once it can connect to the mysql it will work, at least that error won't be there. ;)

K, so I used the python script to send myself some pokemon to get the national dex. I now have a new problem. I sent myself a hippowdon, and didn't bother changing his stats or anything because i decided to release him anyway. However, whenever I move my cursor over him (in the box), the game freezes, but the music still plays. When I try to deposit him in the gts I get a communication error, and when I try to view the journal page where he was received it freezes. Surprisingly, however, I get no freezing when I select a pokemon in the same box and use the control pad to navigate to hippowdon, which appears to eliminate the theory that it is because his name is still ||||||. Also, I sent myself the secret key with sendpkm, but when I try to activate the event by pressing a at that spot in eterna city's galactic building, nothing happens! Is there a way to fix these things? Or do I need to wait for sendpkm mystery gift edition?

Yeah, I know, and no need to use GTS flaws to import your .pkm's with an AR...

But I don't know how to fix the .pkm if I don't see it first, maybe you could post it here as an attachment (I'm not sure to be able to help if it is really corrupted though).

zowayixx: it's because you must configure config.php and properly point it to your mysql server location. You must edit the IP, username, password, e.g. in the mysql array. That's why you see that error, once it can connect to the mysql it will work, at least that error won't be there. ;)

I believe I did it right, I'm not sure. Under the MySQL array, here's the exact information I put:

"127.0.0.1"

"[username]"

"[password]"

"[database]"

Am I still doing something wrong? =/