GTS: website research (support thread)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, I got it to work. Awesome!

Just one last thing: It is possible to deposit multiple Pokémon at once without having to take them back every time? My boxes in Platinum are almost full since I have a lot of Pokémon, and I would like to just simply free up some Pokémon in my game and just "store" them on my PC (not the in-game PC, but my actual one). This is just a minor thing, but it would be nice if it was possible to do this...

Of course, I could always release the Pokémon, I guess... since they would still be stored in my computer.

I made that program so that you can get your Pokémon back after depositing it, but I can easily add a switch to choose whether you want to be able to take it back.

Just wait a couple of minutes...

EDIT : It seems to be harder than what I expected...

When the game deposits a Pokémon, it seems to keep a copy in the save.

Indeed, if the GTS tells the game that there is no Pokémon whereas you deposited one, the game says "<the Pokémon> has not been traded" when you want to check its summary, and it comes back into the PC, without the usual animation.

It looks like an useful security to prevent your Pokémon from disappearing if there is a problem with the GTS server, but sadly I don't know how to bypass it and make the game believe it deposited nothing.

Ok, I finally figured everything out with the GTS server. My main question is, how do I keep it up and running permanently? It seems that it only works for the first time, then shuts down. I'm more then likely doing something wrong.

Idealy I would like it to be kept up, so that people could deposit pokemon, and I can deposit my own, to check legitimacey. But the way I have it running now, wont help much for that. The thing that has me the most confused I think is when it asks for the ip, I entered the dns given by the pkmnsend which I thought you were supposed to do. Correct me if i'm wrong, please! lol

Ok, I finally figured everything out with the GTS server. My main question is, how do I keep it up and running permanently? It seems that it only works for the first time, then shuts down. I'm more then likely doing something wrong.

Idealy I would like it to be kept up, so that people could deposit pokemon, and I can deposit my own, to check legitimacey. But the way I have it running now, wont help much for that. The thing that has me the most confused I think is when it asks for the ip, I entered the dns given by the pkmnsend which I thought you were supposed to do. Correct me if i'm wrong, please! lol

sendpkmn.py is a one time thing. You need to use one of the "server" programs for more than once.

If you actually are using one of those programs then I'm not sure I understand your question.

sendpkmn.py is a one time thing. You need to use one of the "server" programs for more than once.

If you actually are using one of those programs then I'm not sure I understand your question.

Ok, so I run DNS_Server.exe and the gts program right? what Ip do I enter into the DNS_Server, because using mine it does nothing, so is there another program i'm supposed to be running?

Technicaly speaking if I want other people to beable to connect to it, to drop pokemon off to me, what dns/ip information do I give?

Ok, so I run DNS_Server.exe and the gts program right? what Ip do I enter into the DNS_Server, because using mine it does nothing, so is there another program i'm supposed to be running?

Technicaly speaking if I want other people to beable to connect to it, to drop pokemon off to me, what dns/ip information do I give?

You have to set the DNS on your DS.

I'm going to install .net and actually run the GTS server. I've just been using the python scripts. Maybe I'll see what you mean when I do that.

ok my stupid self got it to work, I believe. so seeing as i'm using a local ip, does that mean if i'm wanting others to beable to use it, I have them use the external ip?

Only thing that sucks is if the pokemon has a ribbon it wont work :(

ok my stupid self got it to work, I believe. so seeing as i'm using a local ip, does that mean if i'm wanting others to beable to use it, I have them use the external ip?

Yep, which you can find at whatsmyip.org

Remember, you have to have port 80 and 53 forwarded to you computer for the external to work.

Hi there, my ISP blocks port 80. Is there anyway I can run the DNS Server if this is so?

Example:

You are hosting a Web Server on a PC that has LAN IP Address of 192.168.0.50 and your ISP is blocking Port 80.

Name the Virtual Server (for example: Web Server)

Enter the IP Address of the machine on your LAN (for example: 192.168.0.50)

Enter the Private Port as [80]

Enter the Public Port as [8888]

Select the Protocol (for example TCP).

Ensure the schedule is set to Always

Click Save to add the settings to the Virtual Servers List

Repeat these steps for each Virtual Server Rule you wish to add. After the list is complete, click Save Settings at the top of the page.

With this Virtual Server entry, all Internet traffic on Port 8888 will be redirected to your internal web server on port 80 at IP Address 192.168.0.50.

The problem is you can't tell the DS to look at port 8888, so no, I don't believe there is a way to get around this.

Ok, Port 80 and 53 are open so no problems there.

Specificaly, what dns/ip do I run in DNS_Server.exe and what dns/ip do people use as their primary and secondary dns to connect to me?

This is where my issue lies.

In the DNS server, put your public IP (you can have it here for example).

People must use that IP as their primary DNS, and whatever as their secondary DNS (the best is not to set anything here, for testing purposes).

BTW, I finished version 0.3 of my DNS server as I had some free time today, I'll post it soon.

It has an automatic IP fetching functionality, as well as an auto public/local IP switching, depending on where the client is connected.

In the DNS server, put your public IP (you can have it here for example).

People must use that IP as their primary DNS, and whatever as their secondary DNS (the best is not to set anything here, for testing purposes).

BTW, I finished version 0.3 of my DNS server as I had some free time today, I'll post it soon.

It has an automatic IP fetching functionality, as well as an auto public/local IP switching, depending on where the client is connected.

I just did as you said, my friend tried it, and still gets a 52100 error. Ugh :(

No, it doesn't go through at all. But I had him type in the same ip to his browser to see if it would, and it did. Not sure if that helps any.

You mean, it appeared in the console of the GTS server ?

So, it means that your port 80 is forwarded correctly, that's a good thing.

The problem seems to come from port 53, make sure you didn't forward TCP instead of UDP.

And check that this port is allowed by your firewall.

woohoo, he tested it through wifi and it went through, now we're testing it on GTS. I forgot to unblock 53 from firewall *i feel stupid*. Stand by and i'll let you know if GTS is sucessful

**EDIT**

GTS was tested 100% success. Thank you for your help m@t, and i'll be waiting for your new version haha

Edited by E-Licit
Update

Hey, I've been trying to figure this out for several days now. I've put hours into this trying to figure out the problem here... This includes googling solutions, testing with friends, and reading through all the threads I could find. I'm trying to be able to distribute my pokemon to others, I know the basic drill. I've tried many methods.

Firstly I tried the GTS nuker, I port forwarded the proper ports, I ran the DNS server, put in my IP, that worked fine. But then when I tried to drag the .pkm file, the window closed quickly after sending a message; I quickly screenshotted it and it said "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden". I looked up that on google, and I forget what exactly I tried but I couldn't find a solution at google.

I tried the thing that "auto DNS'd" it, where you just opened it and it made the DNS server and I had the same problem- the cmd window would pop up and quickly close if I dragged the file. If I tried to open it up and type in the file name as soon as I hit enter it'd close. I tried this with many .pkm files, it was ALL the files, not just one in specific. Anyone able to help me out here? I appreciate all the hard work :]