GTS: website research (support thread)

Krizz you are in the same boat as some of us your isp blocks port 80 i dont know what we can do i tried editing the python script but i know nothing of programming and it has failed each time

google comcast blocks 80 youll see

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About router configuration problems (port being used by already existing configurations), you simply need to find where by checking the different router admin pages and trying to find where the port in question is mentioned (on a list of preferences or what ever). Most routers do allow redirection of any ports, so it's not about having a old router kind of, the function is there but the procedure vary from one router to the other. I guess Google is your friend on the error there, Hazz. :(

Port 53 is used for applications to query DNS servers for domain information (what the IP is for a domain, ex "google.com" the DNS server will reply with "74.125.79.99" because the domain is a "alias" for the IP -would be a hell to remember IP's instead of domains, wouldn't it? ;)) You only need to forward ports when you want incoming connections (i.e. people outside your router to get access to servers you may run behind the router). By default everyone behind the router can access all ports when going out, but not when connections are trying to be established from outside. If you manage to setup port forwarding properly (and make an exception in the Windows firewall settings for that port, so traffic is not blocked) then it will work.

About ports 80/53 being blocked by ISP, can't do much about it because the game itself is made to query DNS and HTTP over ports 53 and 80, you need to hack the game in order to change this. If you could redirect traffic from port 80 to another port you would need a link in the middle, between the NDS and your server machine, so that NDS--port80-->MiddleServer--port81-->YourServer (this way you can change the Python script and such to work on other ports, but I doubt anyone has a second machine they can use as a link in between, hehe.

For those that run their webserver on their machine, they can use a .htaccess file (apache servers) to redirect specific requests from a port to another, for example "RewriteRule ^pokemondpds/(.*) http://%{SERVER_NAME}:81/pokemondpds/$1", then you can run your own webserver and run the GTS nuker or what ever on another port (in this case 81).

I made a small sketch and tried to explain a little, http://www.ziuo.net/portforward/ -perhaps it will help understand why things don't go as they should for some, perhaps it will just confuse you more. I am no expert but at least I hope I got something right. :P

No one is doing anything wrong, it's about trial and error and then working your way up until it works. If questions I am glad to try and answer them, like always. Good luck trying to make your GTS servers work!

thanks for the input Vlad. checked out that script the guy wrote, where would that get added to in sendpkm.py?

unfortunately i get zero response when trying this through sendpkm.py. tries to connect, i get nothing on my computer within sendpkm.py and it just errors out on the DS. i modified sendpkm.py to have it use my external IP.

I guess I now need "support", have my GTS running here: http://vlacula.no-ip.com/pokemon/gts/ so if it does not show 404 (means my PC is online) you could if you want try and connect to it. It's a vote system, vote for the pokemon you like and if it wins it is distributed for 15 minutes until the next round starts. There are 22 events but need to fix the encoding because most of the files are not 292 bytes so they create blue screens, hehe. Gonna implement the proper encoding function in PHP, until then I use LordLangdons Python script to encode, anyway I just wanna see if it works for others than me, it should but unsure until someone tries it out too. :P

I guess I now need "support", have my GTS running here: http://vlacula.no-ip.com/pokemon/gts/ so if it does not show 404 (means my PC is online) you could if you want try and connect to it. It's a vote system, vote for the pokemon you like and if it wins it is distributed for 15 minutes until the next round starts. There are 22 events but need to fix the encoding because most of the files are not 292 bytes so they create blue screens, hehe. Gonna implement the proper encoding function in PHP, until then I use LordLangdons Python script to encode, anyway I just wanna see if it works for others than me, it should but unsure until someone tries it out too. :P
It seems to work, as I just got a Movie Shaymin, would be able to PM or post here how to set it up?

Haven't finished it yet, don't want to post something that is not properly working. So far it's just the bare minimum, need to implement encoding in PHP and not rely on the Python script. But if you are a good "google-er" you can already find it on my SVN, if you are that desperate, hehe. ;P

quick question after i input my ip address ( wich is static) for the dns server

it says dns server started on 0.0.0.0:53 is this correct, also when i attempt to connect i get the 52100 error

If you try connecting to "0.0.0.0" then it won't work, find your local IP of that machine and input that into the NDS. Make sure both run on the same network. Good thing about intranet is you don't got port issues, only firewall settings on the machine you run the server on (can temporarily disable it if you encounter problems and don't wanna configure it). Finding your IP is simple, just open the network settings in the Control panel and check the current connection "Properties", the IP is listed on the dialog that pops up (alternative next to the icons on the taskbar, near the clock. the network status there opens up the connection details or the control panel dialog).

Haven't finished it yet, don't want to post something that is not properly working. So far it's just the bare minimum, need to implement encoding in PHP and not rely on the Python script. But if you are a good "google-er" you can already find it on my SVN, if you are that desperate, hehe. ;P
Found it, but couldn't get DNSServer started, a redirect error, ahh I'll just wait :biggrin: And thanks for the work so far :bidoof:

Just a word for anyone using LordLangdons method, if you have Kaspersky internet security installed choose to pause protection rather than disabling the firewall. otherwise you will spend 2 days looking for complicated answer to simple problems like me.

at the same time, big thanks go out to all the people who contributed to this.

Hmm. I'm having the same problem as KazoWar.

After looking at the logs, it appears that one of these lines hangs sometimes:

ReDim rr(511)

s = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Dgram, ProtocolType.Udp)

s.Connect(DEFAULT_DNS_SERVER, 53)

s.Send(r, lngRcv, SocketFlags.None)

lngSnd = s.Receive(rr, SocketFlags.None)

ReDim Preserve rr(lngSnd)

Any ideas which one, or why it would be hanging? Would timing this section out be an effective solution?

That was the first version of my DNS server.

In the current version (I kept developping it), I put a timeout :

ReDim rr(511)
s = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Dgram, ProtocolType.Udp)
s.ReceiveTimeout = 2000
s.SendTimeout = 2000
s.Connect(DEFAULT_DNS_SERVER, 53)
s.Send(r, lngRcv, SocketFlags.None)
lngSnd = s.Receive(rr, SocketFlags.None)

ReDim Preserve rr(lngSnd)

Don't know if it'll help, as I've never had that problem, but it should throw an error if it times out, so the program should loop and keep receiving connections.

Vlad: I was able to successfully send your default Arceus through the external network. However, when I try and send my own pokemon it errors out and BSOD when receiving the result.asp.

I was able to send my own pokemon through the sendpkmn.py both internally and externally, so I know the pokemon is ok. I just wanted to be able to send it more than once, which is why I was using your server. I changed distro="arceus.pkm" to distro="ditto100shiny.pkm" and I didn't see anything else off hand that needed to be changed in your server file. Am I missing something? You mentioned having trouble with the encoding, is there something I need to do to make sure my pokemon are encoded right? Like I said, they work for the original sendpkmn.py and load and save from the party pokemon section of SAV.

I've attached the pokemon file just in case there is something actually wrong with it. Thanks for the help.

*EDIT*

It looks like I had left the OT name blank. I thought I had changed this, but apparently not. For some reason the sendpkm.py didn't care, but the pkmnserver.py did. Put in an OT name and it worked just like the arcues. Thanks vlad for creating this.

ditto100shiny.pkm

ditto100shiny.pkm

Edited by doeiqts

doeiqts: Problem is that the file (after being encoded) is 293bytes and not 292bytes -that means there is a overflow on the NDS and you get a blue-screen. I believe it was a issue with LordLangdons encoding script, I believe he did post some updated code but in all this mess I can't find it, hehe. I am no encoding/decoding guy so atm just waiting to see if someone else publishes some work on that, so I can borrow their code to update the encoding script of the pkm files.

*Edit*

Read your edit, was the encoded file 292 or 293 bytes? Curious because if was 293 then I can update my GTS site to also accept 293 byte files. :D

Rukia-san I recommend using the simple way: python for both DNS and HTTP server -much easier than that crappy site I made that I only used for debugging. You could try either LordLangdons script #43 or mine #129.

Thank you for the reply,

I was hoping to have a site on my online server (T_T), I hope you'll be able to improve it and share it again.

Edited by Rukia-san

doeiqts: Problem is that the file (after being encoded) is 293bytes and not 292bytes -that means there is a overflow on the NDS and you get a blue-screen. I believe it was a issue with LordLangdons encoding script, I believe he did post some updated code but in all this mess I can't find it, hehe. I am no encoding/decoding guy so atm just waiting to see if someone else publishes some work on that, so I can borrow their code to update the encoding script of the pkm files.

*Edit*

Read your edit, was the encoded file 292 or 293 bytes? Curious because if was 293 then I can update my GTS site to also accept 293 byte files. :D

Both the arcues and ditto100shiny read as 236 bytes on my windows 7 pc. This was after I made the change to put in the OT, don't know before that.

Also, is your pkmnserver.py threaded or can it only do one request at a time?

Hey guys, Whenever I try to receive pokemon from my ds on my own GTS server, the DNS gets stuck on the "Spoofing part", then it comes up with an error to restart the DS.

I got it to work a few days ago...but i dont know how T_T everything in the way of my ports are off, including skype, and my firewall.

Any help please :smile:

Hey guys, Whenever I try to receive pokemon from my ds on my own GTS server, the DNS gets stuck on the "Spoofing part", then it comes up with an error to restart the DS.

I got it to work a few days ago...but i dont know how T_T everything in the way of my ports are off, including skype, and my firewall.

Any help please :smile:

Are you using your external IP or your internal one (192.168.x.y)? If you're just doing it for yourself, the internal is usually easier, though you can certainly do the external.

Where are you erroring out? Are you getting into the GTS computer room or erroring out before that? 52100?

Using Vlad's "sendpkm.py" I can get everything working just fine, but when I use M@T's "GTS Server.exe" I can't connect.

Is there something I need to run alongside it?

You need a DNS server, to redirect your DS's requests to your computer.

And now it works.

<3 you guys so much. :3

Edited by Daakun

need abit of help, ive read through the thread but i cant seem to get it to work.

im trying to use "sendpkm" to give pokemons to myself, when i use it, it tells me to connect my DS to 127.0.0.1.

on my DS connection ive put in auto obtain IP and on the DNS field i put in my local IP like explained here. also i dont have the firewall activated when i try to connect my DS in the GTS. ive opened port 53 and 80, but from what i understand u dont need that when ur only sharing to urself.

When i connect in the GTS it shows full green bars on the wireless connection, then after awhile it goes to red/no connection and throws me out of the connection room, it just says it disconnected and i get no errorcode

hopefully someone can solve my problem :D

edit:nvm, got it to work after some reserching in the other thread :)

Edited by Sjinza

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

Anyways, I'm having the same problem as Daakun. I can get sendpkm.py to work without any problems, but I can't get GTS server.exe to work at all. I open it, and I get a window saying "Waiting for a connection..." which I assume is normal. Then, I set my DS's primary DNS server to my internal IP address (the one that starts with 192.168...), just like I do when I use sendpkm.py. I go to the GTS, but my DS cannot connect, and I always get error code 52100. I'm using Platinum if that means anything at all. What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix this?