GTS: website research (support thread)

Hello everyone. I know the question I'm going to make you is going to be boring, but I've tried every single way to repair it and I don't know how to solve it.

I went to portforwarding.com; http://www.pcwintech.com/ to use Simple Port Forwarding and the Port Tests tell me They are open 80 and 53 in TCP/UDP. Anyway when I set my DS connection to my public IP... ¡It throws me 52100 error! Ports are opened and forwarded I think, and my firewall is disabled... Looking for internet it says maybe my ISP has made a connection throw another router and now with two routers port forwarding does not rule. If it is like that, how can I solve it? I just don't know what's the next step... Thanks in advance

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Are you trying to access your public IP from your own network?

If so, then it is normal that it doesn't work; you must use your local IP if you are inside your own network, and your public one if you are outside.

If you are from a remote network, then try accessing http://[your.public.IP]/pokemondpds/worldexchange/result.asp?pid=0 from your browser while SendPKM is running and see if it gives a random 32-character string.

Hi,

Are you trying to access your public IP from your own network?

If so, then it is normal that it doesn't work; you must use your local IP if you are inside your own network, and your public one if you are outside.

If you are from a remote network, then try accessing http://[your.public.IP]/pokemondpds/worldexchange/result.asp?pid=0 from your browser while SendPKM is running and see if it gives a random 32-character string.

you can use your public IP from inside your own network. it's a good way to test if everything is set up properly. it will still route it "through the internet" out and straight back in.

Edited by Bond697

It doesn't work for me.

I can't access my own network from my public IP when I am inside it, it's due to the router blocking NAT loopback and I can't do anything to fix it.

Maybe he has the same problem, that's why I told him to use his local IP instead.

It doesn't work for me.

I can't access my own network from my public IP when I am inside it, it's due to the router blocking NAT loopback and I can't do anything to fix it.

Maybe he has the same problem, that's why I told him to use his local IP instead.

But I want to use it to test if public events works... It seems it does not, so here there are screens from my router config. I thought the best way to solve it is to show you like if you were in my computer, so please take a look.

config18.th.png

config17.th.png

config16.th.png

config15.th.png

config14.th.png

config13.th.png

config12.th.png

config5.th.png

config6.th.png

config7.th.png

config8.th.png

config9.th.png

config10.th.png

config11.th.png

config4.th.png

config3u.th.png

config2a.th.png

config2k.th.png

config1u.th.png

I didn't look at all the screenshots, but to see if this is really a NAT loopback problem, try accessing http://[your.public.IP]/pokemondpds/worldexchange/result.asp?pid=0 from your web browser while SendPKM is running on your computer, and see if something happens.

If you want to know what GTS distribution looks like from outside your network, you can use something like a webproxy, e.g. http://www.myphproxy.com/, and go to http://[your.public.IP]/pokemondpds/worldexchange/result.asp?pid=0.

For the DNS though, you'll have to ask someone else to test it for you.

If everything is properly forwarded, there should be no problem.

It doesn't work for me.

hmm... i was under the impression that most routers these days could handle reverse NAT. guess not. good to know, though.

It throws me 404 File not found error from my ip and Error 500 Internal Server Error from proxy...

Well, that means your GTS server is apparently not reacheable from outside your network.

If you did forward your ports properly, then you can ask someone else to try your DNS server (which has to redirect to your public IP) with both GTS and DNS servers running.

hmm... i was under the impression that most routers these days could handle reverse NAT. guess not. good to know, though.

That's an annoying problem; that's why I implemented an automatic public/private IP switching in my DNS server, so that when one connects from one's own network, it still works even if NAT loopback is not enabled.

Ok guys i have a problem. I have hypergts and it works fine on my home laptop and desktop. i recently bought a windows VPS and put hypergts on it, but heres the problem. i opened it and verified it had the right DNS so i started the DNS. now i go to click start GTS and it says "SEnding command: Start GTS". then it says "GTS Stopped" and the red icon remains. IT WONT LET ME START THE GTS. any ideas? im a good computer whiz but program developing isnt my cup of tea.

You could try using netstat -a | find ":80" to see if there is really nothing on port 80.

If it gives nothing, then that's OK and the problem is due to something else.

If there is a result, see which program is running with this PID (the last number at the end of the line).

You can use this if on Vista/7 : tasklist /FI "PID eq 6088" (not sure if it works on XP).

Okay, so I think my problem is slightly similar.

I boot up Hyper GTS, try to start the GTS, and poop line 80 is apparently blocked or something.

"Server could not be started (port 80 already in use)"

Please explain it like you were talking to a brain dead monkey, I am unable to follow all of that above technical jargon, lol.

Please and thank you for your assistance.

Okay, so I think my problem is slightly similar.

I boot up Hyper GTS, try to start the GTS, and poop line 80 is apparently blocked or something.

"Server could not be started (port 80 already in use)"

Please explain it like you were talking to a brain dead monkey, I am unable to follow all of that above technical jargon, lol.

Please and thank you for your assistance.

Port 80 blocked explanations:

1) Firewall (unlikely)

2) Another application uses it. (Teamviewer, Skype, Apache...the list is kind of long)

Fixes:

Disable applications/firewalls.

Ive checked all ports,shut down every non-windows process, and even tried completely reinstalling the OS but NOTHING seems to work....

how is it virtualized? vpses running on virtuozzo don't bind properly.(as they're software-based virtualization? something like that.) you would need something xen-based(hyper-v, vmware) that has a full virtual hardware layer. they're also usually a little more expensive. you'll need to check with your provider on which you have.

I am using hypergts. I have ports 53 & 80 enabled. i start up the dns server and then start up my hyper gts .click start gts. enter the gts in my pkmn ss and as i'm waiting for it to check the gts is says communication error and disconects me from wifi and sends me out of the room. or i will enter it'll check for gts and then i'll get that blue screen with an error and it'll restart. idk what to do. i will edit with a video to show you later.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l42t8IAcCuA

Edited by pkmn4life

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, I'm having problems when receiving the pokemon. I already researched a lot and nothing changes.

I tried sendpkm.py and hypergts. I can connect normally to GTS but nothing happens, it is the normal GTS.

I already tried using external IP and LAN IP. I already forwarded port 80 and 53 too, but the portchecker tells me that port 80 is closed and probably the problem is in the UPnP. I did what M@T said before and couldn't find nothing in port 80, it's status is "LISTENING".

I have installed Python 2.6 correctly and tried lots of techniques to fix this problem.

Should I use a static IP/DNS adress?

I need help here :\

------------------------------------

So, Adding information:

None of the programs say that I'm connecting/connected, I thing that the problem should be in the DNS server that is redirecting me to the normal GTS or in my DS that can't connect to the DNS server.

I turned off my Firewall too.

Tried IR-GTS and same thing happens.

Edited by Louquin
ADDING INFORMATION