RMT OU Team (this is my first team. ever.)

DalDal

Hey guys,

Thought I would finally get involved with the competitive scene (was always too lazy before). So I just made my first team and I need to know if it has any obvious/stupid mistakes in it. Also, any criticisms or ideas/improves/suggestions are really welcome.

At A Glance:

dpiconani142.gifdpiconani065.gifdpiconani466.gif

dpiconani462.gifdpiconani205.gifAni477MS.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dpiconani142.gif

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4HP

Role: Suicide Lead

- Crunch

- Earthquake/ Roar

- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

Comment: Basically this assures me I can put Stealth Rock up with focus sash and then either switch/attack depending on the situation. However, I need to know if Roar is a good idea? I was thinking I could just put down stealth rock, and if the pokemon is a strong counter to my aero I could just Roar their poke out (whilst damaging his next poke). This is all based on the assumption Roar has no speed priority...does it? If not I can stick with my current Earthquake build.

dpiconani065.gif

Pokemon Alakazam @ Focus Band

Nature: Modest

Ability: Inner Focus

EVs: 252 Sp.A/252 Speed/4 HP

Role: Special Sweeper

- Shadow Ball

- Psyhic

- Grass Knot

- Focus Blast

Comment:I wasn't entirely sure about which item to attach. I tried Choice Specs. but it ended up biting in my the ass as I couldnt use the variety of my other moves....so i played it safe and stuck with Focus Band (which im starting to see as a bad idea due to stealth rocks).

dpiconani466.gif

Pokemon Electivire @ Expert Belt

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Motor Drive

EVs: 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP

Role: Physical Sweeper

- Ice Punch

- Thunder Punch

- Fire Punch

- Earthquake

Comment: Just a standard physical sweeper I guess. I like the variety of his movepool a lot and so didnt want choice items restricting it.

dpiconani462.gif

Magnezone @ Choice Specs

Ability: Magnet Pull

- Flash Cannon

- Explosion

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power (rock)/????

Comment: Standard special sweeper I guess. I like having Choice Specs. on this guy as his movepool is quite limited as it is so I'm not missing out on too much. However I am pretty stuck with my fourth move. I wanted it to be a different type Hidden Power but I got stuck with rock. Should I leave it or do you have any other reccomendations for his fourth spot?

dpiconani205.gif

Forretress @ Leftovers

Nature: Impish

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP/ 178 Def./ 80 Attack

Role:

- Earthquake

- Explosion

- Rapid Spin

- Spikes

Comment: I guess just a standard physical wall. I needed one and I liked foretresses resistances/stats. Explosion can come in handy too (hence attack EV's).

Ani477MS.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP/ 204 Sp.Def/54 Def.

Role: Special Wall

- Shadow Sneak

- Fire Punch

- Pain Split

- Will-o-Wisp

Comment: Standard special wall. Had really good IV's when I found him (31 in Def, Sp. Def and Speed, 28 HP) but had a REALLY low attack iv of 6. I dont know how damaging that attack iv of 6 is, but his other iv's were awesome so I kept him. Also im not so sure about his moveset. I like Shadow Sneak (catches people off-guard all the time), Painsplit and will-o-wisp - but im not so sure about fire punch. I mean it helps deal with poke such as heracross and is the only fire move on my team....but its very weak, especially combinded with the fact my Dusk has terribble attack.

So I've only ever played 3 games of poke online, and it doesnt seem like this team has any crazy uber weaknesses, but I feel like it could really do with some improvement. I kind of want one more bulky pokemon that I can switch in to, but I also want to retain the solid offensive set-up I have going (i think its offensive at least?). I was thinking maybe a Heatran in place for my Alakazam, but not too sure.

Any help/tips for online would be great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Thought I would finally get involved with the competitive scene (was always too lazy before). So I just made my first team and I need to know if it has any obvious/stupid mistakes in it. Also, any criticisms or ideas/improves/suggestions are really welcome.

At A Glance:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dpiconani142.gif

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash

- Crunch

- Earthquake/ Roar

- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

Comment: Basically this assures me I can put Stealth Rock up with focus sash and then either switch/attack depending on the situation. However, I need to know if Roar is a good idea? I was thinking I could just put down stealth rock, and if the pokemon is a strong counter to my aero I could just Roar their poke out (whilst damaging his next poke). This is all based on the assumption Roar has no speed priority...does it? If not I can stick with my current Earthquake build.

Standard lead. Works well with your team as he secures some OHKO by putting up rocks. Roar has a negative priority, but don't be so quick to dismiss it. For instance, taunting something that requires it's none attacking moves for it to be useful will usually switch out. So roaring on the switch will keep the counter at bay and rack up some extra SR damage. It depends on if you think you can predict a switch all that well really. However roar could be good for late game (providing he servives the beginning phase of the match) for pseudo hazing set up sweepers.

Just thought ... Swampert could work well here too, if you want the rock + Roar combo

Swampert @ Leftovers

Nature: Relaxed

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Ice Beam / Avalanche

- Roar

Does the same as Aerodactyl, except can be taunted. But also works more effeciently as a later game phazer. If you chose avalanche over ice beam make sure to run 0 Speed IV's so that avalanche will be also last and twice as powerful.

dpiconani065.gif

Pokemon Alakazam @ Focus Band

- Shadow Ball

- Psyhic

- Grass Knot/ Calm Mind

- Focus Blast/HP fighting

Comment:I wasn't entirely sure about which item to attach. I tried Choice Specs. but it ended up biting in my the ass as I couldnt use the variety of my other moves....so i played it safe and stuck with Focus Band (which im starting to see as a bad idea due to stealth rocks).

This looks like a choice set without the choice item, which can work well, but you're going to really want life orb on alakazam if you're not using calm mind. Also if you don't want to opt for life orb, then it would be better to put on focus sash, as focus band is unreliable. You might also want to think about putting HP fighting over focus blast ... as two consecutive HP fightings will do more damage than one focus blast + a miss. Similarly you could run calm mind over grass knot, though Alakazam is little to frail to be able to pull it off.

dpiconani466.gif

- Ice Punch

- Thunder Punch

- Fire Punch/ Cross Chop

- Earthquake

Comment: Just a standard physical sweeper I guess. I like the variety of his movepool a lot and so didnt want choice items restricting it.

Cross chop will hit steels, rocks and ice pokemon a lot harder and has a high crit ratio :)

dpiconani462.gif

Magnezone @ Choice Specs

- Flash Cannon/ Substitute/ Magnet Rise

- Explosion

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power Fire

Comment: Standard special sweeper I guess. I like having Choice Specs. on this guy as his movepool is quite limited as it is so I'm not missing out on too much. However I am pretty stuck with my fourth move. I wanted it to be a different type Hidden Power but I got stuck with rock. Should I leave it or do you have any other reccomendations for his fourth spot?

Hidden power fire is better, Magnezone works best as a steel trapper, so make sure to throw on Hidden power fire :).Magnet rise or substitute both would work really well .. to stop the likes of steelix killing you before you can kill them. A well predicted substitute could foil an explosion, whereas magnet raise will stop earthquake from hindering you. However, as you already have a special sweeper in alakazam, cross chop on Electivire I don't think magnezone functionality as either a steel killer or special sweeper is particulalrly needed. So you could throw Gyarados in this guys place as he provide brillliant synergy with electivire. Thunderbolts aimed at gyarados would boost electivires speed into sweeping range, and gyarados could happily take the earthquakes aimed at electivire.

Gyarados @Life Orb/Leftovers

EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe

- Dragon Dance

- Taunt/Substitue

- Waterfall

- Stone Edge / Bounce

This set provides the same bulk that magnezone provided and overall adds better synergy to the team, as you at the moment lack a water type. The idea is to either sub up to prevent status and block damage as you dance up, and taunt prevents you from getting phazed or hazed. Waterfall is standard stab and provides flinch :D :D, Bounce is stab and provides paralysis support. Whereas stone edge kills dragons.

dpiconani205.gif

Forretress @ Leftovers

Role:

- Earthquake

- Explosion

- Rapid Spin

- Spikes

Comment: I guess just a standard physical wall. I needed one and I liked foretresses resistances/stats. Explosion can come in handy too (hence attack EV's).

Yup works well. You could run Weezing here for hazing support + will o wisp/toxic support, but then you lose the added advantage of spikes.

Ani477MS.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers

- Shadow Sneak

- Fire Punch

- Pain Split

- Will-o-Wisp

Comment: Standard special wall. Had really good IV's when I found him (31 in Def, Sp. Def and Speed, 28 HP) but had a REALLY low attack iv of 6. I dont know how damaging that attack iv of 6 is, but his other iv's were awesome so I kept him. Also im not so sure about his moveset. I like Shadow Sneak (catches people off-guard all the time), Painsplit and will-o-wisp - but im not so sure about fire punch. I mean it helps deal with poke such as heracross and is the only fire move on my team....but its very weak, especially combinded with the fact my Dusk has terribble attack.

Any of the rotom appliances could help (though if you're playing wifi I'm not sure if they are usable or not) they provide good bulk I think. Rotom H would also provide more fire coverage and work as a good spin blocker. If you want to lose the spin blocking roll you can run blissey (she is the best special anyway remember) and would also work really well.

So I've only ever played 3 games of poke online, and it doesnt seem like this team has any crazy uber weaknesses, but I feel like it could really do with some improvement. I kind of want one more bulky pokemon that I can switch in to, but I also want to retain the solid offensive set-up I have going (i think its offensive at least?). I was thinking maybe a Heatran in place for my Alakazam, but not too sure.

Any help/tips for online would be great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that helped :)

Wow awesome dude that was really helpful. Thanks a lot for taking the time to look through my post and comment on it.

I think im going to get a gyrados now...having two electric type on one team probably isnt the best idea anyway.

Tbird, this is Wifi not Shoddy, so do not suggest Hidden Powers or Rotom forms or legendaries since they're very difficult to obtain (or any form of IV modification as that is not possible). But a good natured Heatran can really help, as it is a Steel type and it is very powerful. It is primarily a special sweeper so you would run Fire Blast and Earth Power for it.

The thing about Magnezone is that it is primarily a Steel killer (for steels NOT named Heatran) and really does not support anyone on your team. Tbird's suggestion for Gyarados is great, as it can lure in electric Pokemon and help your Electivire gain some speed if they choose to try to fry Gyarados with an electric move.

Tbird, this is Wifi not Shoddy, so do not suggest Hidden Powers or Rotom forms or legendaries since they're very difficult to obtain (or any form of IV modification as that is not possible).

My bad. :) Though I just wanted to cover all basis.. and at the point of posting that particular part was not sure of wifi or shoddy. I'll be more careful next time :D.

Ok first aerodactyl should never have taunt due to the fact it makes you go last unless your opponent uses a move that makes them go last also like avalanche so 9/10 times you won't be able to pull that off I reccomend taunt

so here is what I think would be better (changes in bold)

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash

- Crunch

- Earthquake/taunt- Stealth Rock

- Stone Edge

==========================================================================

focus band is an illegal item in standard play and you will normall be DQ for having that item. I understand needing a pert check but i dont think zam should be your go to guys for that as he is capable of so much more like a tricker so say it's Zam and blissey and zam has choice scarf trick it to blissey and it will be stuck doing whatever move it just used and typically will be forced to switch. I've had 2 blisseys struggle to death through trick. it's the absolute worst thing you can do to any wall. and the best ting is once you trick it you can isolate it untill it's the last pokemon in the match send in a scout or death fodder to see what it''s locked into and then send in a counter

so here is the set i'm reccomending for you

Pokemon Alakazam @ choice scarf

- Shadow Ball

- Psyhic

-grass knot or trick

- Focus Blast

=====================================================

now i know t-bird has you sold on the whole cross chop thing and i am 100% with him on cross chop however he neglected to tell you cross chop has a lower accuraccy rating so be careful it can let you down. but it is great for when you need a blissey down and you want it down asap

so I'm going to second his suggestion

- Ice Punch

- Thunder Punch

- Fire Punch/ Cross Chop

- Earthquake

side note: Hp grass mixed e-vire is good as it is a better wall breaker plus e-vire learns flamethrower so foretress is killed and so is skarmory with flamethrower or thunderbolt to pm me if you are intrested in such a thing

==========================================================

now magnezone is a great steel trapper without hp fire and to be honest doesnt need it as much as people think it does. a magnezone is capable of 2 hit koing a siczor with a thunderbolt. so hp fire is not needed but hp ground is a more so important one. as heatran, metagross, and other magnezone are the main steel pokes who can stand up to it use hp ground to ohko heatran, and magnezone. and I suggest a nature change to naive and item change to life orb naive because it makes him go fast and it doesnt weaken his Explosion

Magnezone @ life orb or lefties

Nature: naive

EVs: 200 Sp.A/252 Speed/58 HP

- sub

- Explosion

- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power (ground or fire)

========================================================================

this is good but i reccomend relaxed nature and gyro ball over EQ because this set is walled to hell by any ghost and i mean absolutely any ghost. just be care

Forretress @ Leftovers

Nature: relaxed

Role:

- gyro ball

- Explosion

- Rapid Spin

- Spikes

==============================================================

i dont know if you want dusknior as a spin blocker or not but i noticed you have no status absorber and that can be a huge problem I reccomend latias. it can use recover not to mention psycho shift so you can absorb burns then pass thier burn to there own physical sweepers. or you can dual screen and bulk up your entire team. and latias is fast base 110 speed so getting them up is no problem

Latias@leftovers

ability: levitate

natue:timid

evs: 252speed/158 spdef/100 spatk

role speedy special tank

other roles: dual screener or special attacker

psycho shift/reflect/recover

surf/light screen

dragon pulse

tbolt

if you want duskinoir still id change fire punch to earthquake because heatran will come in expecting you to will-o-wisp so lets just send em packin

and careful nature is to boost the spdef

Dusknoir @ Leftovers

Nature: careful

- Shadow Sneak

- earthquake

]- Pain Split

- Will-o-Wisp

but good job for a first team. I remeber my first team. I hope these suggestions help

wraith I'm from smogon forums. and obtaining legit flawless ledgendaries or flawless hidden powers isnt hard if you can rng abuse which is not a hacking device it doesnt even touch your game it just shows you your iv speads and what time and day they occur and you can breed flawless pokes even legit flawless shinies, legit flawess wild capture, and pokes including ubers and honestly that's rude telling someone dont suggest something anything helps i have plenty of legit flawless breeds and captures so don't say it's not easy.when as long as you take the time to learn rng abuse it is

If you want to learn how google pokemon rng

here is a list of mine and my trade thread partners many flawless legit breeds captures and pokes we have traded for