GTS Servers and (Valid) Pokemon Creation for Dummies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This isn't really that in depth....Because that part where you say "Most likely, your DS' wi-fi options are set automatically. The SSID is there, and maybe a WEP code. You can ignore them. Arrow down until you see the following option: "Auto-obtain DNS." Change this to "No." Where it says Primary DNS, click edit."

What are you saying, are you saying just click accept after this because that obviously won't work. You need to tell them how to obtain they're ip address,gateway, and subnet mask by going to cmd in search then typing, ipconfig/all. I did this and tried to work my settings and it still didn't work so could you be more in depth about this part, or could someone explain how to get this working?

This isn't really that in depth....Because that part where you say "Most likely, your DS' wi-fi options are set automatically. The SSID is there, and maybe a WEP code. You can ignore them. Arrow down until you see the following option: "Auto-obtain DNS." Change this to "No." Where it says Primary DNS, click edit."

What are you saying, are you saying just click accept after this because that obviously won't work. You need to tell them how to obtain they're ip address,gateway, and subnet mask by going to cmd in search then typing, ipconfig/all. I did this and tried to work my settings and it still didn't work so could you be more in depth about this part, or could someone explain how to get this working?

All you need is to auto obtain the DNS, which is the IP address of the server. If you're running your own server, you can just use a local IP address or find your PC address from a site like www.whatsmyip.org

I figured out how to do this, you just have to use a pre existing connection and just change the dns. The problem now is that i can connect to the internet on my 3ds, but when i try search for an access point when i go into nintendo ds connections, it says it won't work, there is some sort of setting on my router that won't let it connect, but the thing is i already am connected, but just with the interent connect.

I figured out how to do this, you just have to use a pre existing connection and just change the dns. The problem now is that i can connect to the internet on my 3ds, but when i try search for an access point when i go into nintendo ds connections, it says it won't work, there is some sort of setting on my router that won't let it connect, but the thing is i already am connected, but just with the interent connect.

The old DS wifi system (meaning all non-DSi aware games) can only connect to WEP or unsecured Wifi. No WPA.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I made a Shiny Celebii for HGSS in Pokesav, and checked that it was legit. I put in the DNS code correctly, then went to the Global Trading Station. I went in the station, then when it said it was checking my status or whatever, and error message popped up. I shut off my DS and went and checked my party, and Box 1. Nothing... I tried the GTS again... It's not working... Any help???