Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Mt. Bristle

wraith89

How do you pass this place? I really hate those OP Starlies with their ridiculously overpowered Quick Attacks! I mean, seriously? 12 damage per piece? This is only the beginning of the game! :(

I was doing well until the 9th floor... when I was greeted by two Starlies. Do they have nothing better to do than to pick on poor travelers? I mean... yikes!

It wouldn't be too much of a big deal if those cut scenes weren't too long...

Well what Pokemon do you use, try loading your pack with lots of berries, or visit previous dungeons, and start grinding.

i thought mystery dungeon was quite easy, until up to Darkrai, or was it Mewtwo, although i didn't really have any items with me, except for a whole lot of apples.

Well what Pokemon do you use, try loading your pack with lots of berries, or visit previous dungeons, and start grinding.

i thought mystery dungeon was quite easy, until up to Darkrai, or was it Mewtwo, although i didn't really have any items with me, except for a whole lot of apples.

I have a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur... but I don't know if you've encountered enough Starlies to know what I've been experiencing. Tackle doing 12 damage (roughly 25% of my health), Quick Attacking from a range of 2 dealing 14-16 damage... (max of 33% of HP!)... it's decisively difficult then.

I beat it now though, so it's all right. Has anyone else experienced this?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Never really had a problem there.

I've been Turtwig and Piplup the first time, and then Charmander/Pikachu the following times.

Just Drowsee would be a bit hard since if either you or your partner dies, you lose.

But I only lost to him in Sky, every other time in Time he was easy.

i JUST restarted my darkness version, and i had a tough time on Mt. Bristle. you should be level 8 when you complete mt. bristle. In halls, take turns with your partner in fighting. Use growl when your partner is fighting in a hallway. In rooms, stand side by side with your partner. Does squirtle start with withdraw? If he does, use that often. If not, use growl every so often, its actually pretty useful.

lol. What a way to bump an old thread. I already beat this game a while ago. But yeah, I found that part difficult... and I did utilize Growl from Bulbasaur. Squirtle doesn't get Withdraw until level 10-11 or something... and it has Tail Whip. I love hearing all your experiences... it's pretty enlightening. But I swear, Mt Bristle was quite tough.

Starting Sky version now and my starter is a Eevee with a Vulpix partner. I wonder how that will go... :)