Corrupted save file?

Endlessluve

Hey guys, I've been editing a save file via Pokesav but it doesn't load when I actually run the game.

I've followed the instructions as to how you edit your saved file (using the No$GBA to VBA converter and then opening the converted file in Pokesav), but after I finish editing/saving it using Pokesav, it doesn't work.

What I mean is that when running the game, the game itself ignores the edited saved file and runs as though there isn't a file; starting a new game. The game works perfectly fine with the unedited file however.

So I'm guessing either the edited file is corrupt or I'm not using Pokesav properly. Any suggestions?

- Also does the file size matter? I've read somewhere that you need either a 512kb or a 256kb save file, but mine is 521kb for some reason.

Hey guys, I've been editing a save file via Pokesav but it doesn't load when I actually run the game.

I've followed the instructions as to how you edit your saved file (using the No$GBA to VBA converter and then opening the converted file in Pokesav), but after I finish editing/saving it using Pokesav, it doesn't work.

What I mean is that when running the game, the game itself ignores the edited saved file and runs as though there isn't a file; starting a new game. The game works perfectly fine with the unedited file however.

So I'm guessing either the edited file is corrupt or I'm not using Pokesav properly. Any suggestions?

- Also does the file size matter? I've read somewhere that you need either a 512kb or a 256kb save file, but mine is 521kb for some reason.

Edit No$GBA.ini in the No$GBA folder and change

SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed

to read as

SAV/SNA File Format == Raw

then open the emulator, load the game, and resave. after saving close the emulator, the file is now compatible with pokesav.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank KazoWAR.

I didn't know changing the file type to RAW we can change it instantly with pokesav.

Thanks alot. I finally figure out how to solve this problem after a few days. =)

tytytytytyty xD