A critical hit!

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, kinda new to the forum... >.<)

I'm not really a competitive battler, but I like the idea of it....

I was just thinking of Absol or Honchkrow to put on my team, for the whole critical hit abuse they have.

Do either of them have any good sets that would work, or is the whole critical hit idea not very successful for competitive battling?

In theory I think it seems to be a good strategy, but does it play out like that?

This is the wrong place to post this... I think :/

Anyways, the problem with the two Pokemon is that they are very fragile and not too fast to abuse Super Luck. However if you can get past that and work out an entire team which can support an Absol/Honchkrow sweep, the two can be very deadly. Take Absol for instance. Absol's Sucker Punch is the most powerful priority move in the game, and with Super Luck, if you land a crit, it can mess the opponent up very badly.

Since the two are not too fast, they tend to run STAB Sucker Punch as an abusive priority move. If you have teammates which can land Thunder Waves and paralyze the opponent you can just go with Night Slash or some other moves like Psycho Cut on Absol to have a greater chance of critical hit. What's more? Absol has Swords Dance in its arsenal to double its attack power, which can really come in handy. Expect things to get KOd horribly if you play them right. They just require the right support.

• 1 month later...

Having both is kind of bad in OU. See there is a lot of Steel types which causes many problems for those two pokes. Sure Honckrow and Absol both learn Superpower, but Steel types have strong physical defense, most of the ones used in OU are neutral because of secondary typing (like Bug/Psychic etc)

Anyways... Honchkrow worked well for me using a lead set of Sucker Punch, Drill Peck, Pursuit/Night Slash and Superpower. Heat Wave could be used over Pursuit for Scizor, Skarmory, Metagross and Skarmory :D I'm not sure if this set still works nowadays though.

Choice Scarf with Brave Bird, Night Slash, Heat Wave and Superpower was a beast in UU... Maybe it'll still be useful in OU.

I'm not sure about Absol, but using it with Gliscor isn't a bad idea. Maybe adding some Steel types with Spikes... and making it into a Semi-stall.