Pokemon Showdown! (Version 1 Released!)

Guested

Oh, I know. I read that the other times you posted it. I just think it's interesting they're somewhat prevalent these days, since such things were pretty rare, before.

Mostly I was just making a bump of this topic, I suppose. My offer still stands. But I suppose I don't need a SS patch, since I was mulling things over last night and I decided that the way you've done things is just fine.

Instructions:

- Download and apply patch to a US ROM of HeartGold

- Begin game, proceed to the point in-game where you receive a Pokemon from your mother.

- Save and quit.

- Edit your save file using Pokegen (or other software) to give yourself a team (you have no badges, so make sure your pokemon have your own OT/ID/SID so that they will obey you).

- Trying to exit to the south will cause you to meet an NPC that will give you the Running Shoes and the Bicycle.

- Speaking to almost any trainer will start a battle.

- Your Pokemon are healed automatically after every battle, but consumable items (berries, Power Herb, White Herb, Focus Sash) are not replaced, so be sure to bring extras.

It probably wouldn't hurt to read the section called "Instructions."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I get stuck on a white screen after the Pokemon Showdown part. I have tried my own dump and its still a no go. Idk if it means anything but im on a scds2

Edit: Reformatting seems do have done the trick. So far its very impressive.

Edited by jasterj

Unfortunately, I get stuck on a white screen after the Pokemon Showdown part. I have tried my own dump and its still a no go. Idk if it means anything but im on a scds2

Exact same problem here.

DSTwo too.

I figured out how to make it work.

In command line, you type xdelta patch showdownv1HG.patch [rom file].nds

Oddly enough, when I add an output filename at the end, the rom doesn't work.

I also noticed that when there's an exclamation mark in the filename, it will hang. (At least on the DSTwo.)

I noticed it takes a while to load when entering the fighting dojo house.

Edited by Guest

Hum... Houston, we have a problem.

I had it working on my DSTwo, but ever since I edited my .sav file to add a team, it hangs after the custom intro.

Hum... Houston, we have a problem.

I had it working on my DSTwo, but ever since I edited my .sav file to add a team, it hangs after the custom intro.

its does the same for me. Im able to get past the intro maybe 3 out of 10 times. I've tried 2 different sd cards and still its a hit or miss.

A small bug to report. Morty and Blaine both try to use a Premier Ball on their second turn lol.

Thanks for letting me know about this. Oddly enough, both trainers have a Premier Ball in their inventory. I have no idea how this happened, as they didn't before, and I haven't touched the trainers data in months. I'm gonna scan through and see if I find anything else out of the ordinary, and will fix this in an update.

As for you guys with the DSTwo problems... that's an emulation failure problem and can't be fixed on my side.

Well the problems seem to have been fixed for me.

I think it may have been a problem with my Magmortar. I saved everything with PokéGen, but it didn't work.

I checked and edited some stuff with Pokésav and it worked again.

Now when I save the file using PokéGen, it works. Probably was a temporary problem.

(BTW, a slot-1 flashcart doesn't emulate DS games.)

Just finished beating everyone and found a bug. After fighting either of the first aqua and magma double battles any pokemon that fainted during the battle are not revived afterwards.

Edited by jasterj