Greets from the old Pokemon Genetecist

Kittani

Hey folks,

Just dropping in to say hello. I began playing the Pokemon games a long time ago and was one of the first to map out the save files for edditing with a game shark. Of course that was before the encrypted codes of today. I still don't get those things. Anyways, with the release of possibly the final game in the series, and over 500 Pokemon if you count the varying forms, I'm going to make an honest effort to contribute to the community again.

My first project is a location database for all Pokemon. It includes where to find every legitimate Pokemon in every GBA and DS game. It also marks the rarity of the Pokemon, and weather you'll need to jump through hoops to get it.

A side project that is also in the works is a comparative database of the games. Essentially you input what games you have, and it spits back what Pokemon you'll either need to hack into one of your games, trade for, or otherwise go without. Incidentally, you'll need to have every game and at least a second copy of fire red or leaf green (for starters, etc) to be able to trade every Pokemon over to a single game and have all of them legitimately.

Also... people keep saying that you cannot use the "My Pokemon Ranch" to transfer Pokemon between Diamond and Pearl, etc. You can... you just have to change your trainer name, gender, ID and SID to be the same on all your games... somethign I do whenever I start a new game in each series. This way your existing Pokemon will all show up as "traded" and level faster (though there will be contradictions in meeting places and such) Depending on how legit you want your Pokemon to appear, do it at the beginning of a savegame and then trade your Pokemon back to you on the new game when you get through enough to control them.

At any rate, I'll be fiddling with the games alot more now that I have the obligatory "Mega" game from the D/P series. I'll post the excel databases when they are done... likely in a few weeks.

Tootles.:kikkoman:

My first project is a location database for all Pokemon. It includes where to find every legitimate Pokemon in every GBA and DS game. It also marks the rarity of the Pokemon, and weather you'll need to jump through hoops to get it.

Serebii already has Pokearth : /

Also... people keep saying that you cannot use the "My Pokemon Ranch" to transfer Pokemon between Diamond and Pearl, etc. You can... you just have to change your trainer name, gender, ID and SID to be the same on all your games...

Thats not the problem. The problem is that many flashcarts cannot communicate with the Wii.

Hi.

Hey there! I am new also, but it's always nice to see that people can and do take Pokémon seriously! There's so many hidden mechanics!

Your project sounds pretty hard-out. So the "databases" you'll be working on are going to be solely a spreadsheet collation or do you aim to process them into a working graphical infrastructure?

Serebii is the basis for most of my info... the problem is that it's hard to just run down the list and check them off as you get them. There's also no hints or tips to get them.

My work is starting as a collection of spreadsheets that will.. if I can find a programmer to help with the details, be integrated into a portable database app for display. It includes a checklist feature and will include AR codes for the Pokemon you need to go to events or buy games outside the normal RPG line of games to get (Like Pokemon Ranch for Mew, or Ranger for Manaphy) If the Pokemon uses a Wondercard it will also include the codes for those.

Basically it will provide everything a player needs to go out and catch every Pokemon they can legitimately and provide codes for the ones that people cannot get legitimately for whatever reason.

It's also planned to include a "Diff" feature for those familiar with Linux Commands hehe. Basically you tell it what games you have and it will spit out a list of the Pokemon you won't be able to get with them.

I love serebii to death... been using that site for years, but it's too cumbersome to actually get anything done and because it's a site and not an application... you can't use it to maintain a record of you collection.

Anyways... back to work... have fun :grog:

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Thats not the problem. The problem is that many flashcarts cannot communicate with the Wii.

Hi.

Hi.. I use AR codes to mod the actual game codes. I've exported all of my Pokemon to a loaner cartridge and am now in the process of resetting all 9 of my cartridges to the same Name, ID, SID, and Gender... the only 4 that Pokemon look at when determining owner. You don't need flashcarts for that, though I would love the challenge of figuring it out. "My Pokemon Ranch" does behave strangely when you do this, but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. Essentially the ranch looks at the player who is connecting's ID and not the game itself when connecting. It makes the same assumption that the games do... no two trainers with exactly the same ID will likely ever meet and interact directly.

O.o;; Dude, that sounds awfully ambitious. You're gonna get out there and search for the AR Codes? That'll be a beastly search. You'll need to remember that for each code and for each version of the same game requires a different AR code, yes? It seems like unnecessary work for very little feedback.

If you need a good comprehensive source that you reference without the internet, may I suggest the Prima guide? Prima have made some SHOCKING guides in the past, but this one is fairly good. The capture information is admittedly really badly sorted, but it does what it's supposed to, I guess :/

O.o;; Dude, that sounds awfully ambitious. You're gonna get out there and search for the AR Codes? That'll be a beastly search. You'll need to remember that for each code and for each version of the same game requires a different AR code, yes? It seems like unnecessary work for very little feedback.

If you need a good comprehensive source that you reference without the internet, may I suggest the Prima guide? Prima have made some SHOCKING guides in the past, but this one is fairly good. The capture information is admittedly really badly sorted, but it does what it's supposed to, I guess :/

Actually I have several programs that can generate AR codes for whatever Pokemon I want... Pokesav will do it for Pokemon Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, and Ciro's will work for all the GBA games. Plus I am only including codes for things like mystery tickets and the key items needed to get certain pokemon. I already have numerous code-sets for all of my games so I just need to round out the list to finish the job. Basically... if a Pokemon is catchable in the games without an event, it won't be included in a code. As for the ones you need to have different versions of the game... those are obtainable through GTS easily and most likely legitimately, or, you can fork out the money for the extra games and do it through Pal park. It's not going to be extensive, just the ones that bugger most people, most of the time. Until there is a way to plug the DS directly into the computer to read save files and edit them directly without the use of roms or flashcarts... it's the best I can do. Anyways... all of my games are reset so I got 9 games of Pokemon to play through before I can start working out details of trading and availability. TTYL :grog: