Red text in the game after using pokesav

gokaury

Ok, I've looked everywhere, but could not find an answer. After implementing some pokesav pokemon hacks into my game, I keep getting red text being displayed in certain pokemon summaries. Plus, on the load game screen, all of the text comes up in red instead of blue (like it should be). Does this mean that my game has been corrupted somehow? Can anyone tell me? Do I have to fix some of my box pokemon info in pokesav to fix this? I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

At first I thought you were crazy, because really, why would the use of Pokesav change the colors of the text?

But my God, you are right. I thought it was normal to have red text, but I used Google to look up the normal color for the text.

hgss43.jpg

Found on Google Images

As you can see. The text is blue and not red. This is really peculiar. Why does the text change to red and is it reversible?

Not that I really mind the red text, but I'm almost thinking that the use of Pokesav has other consequences besides red text.

Sorry for the double post.

I've just checked my original game card. (I legally own SoulSilver, however I play it on a flash card) And much to my surprise, the load game text on my original card is red too! Of course I haven't used Pokesav on my original card. So I've been wondering, why is it red too?

Then I remembered something. I did transfer a single Furret to that game. That Furret was hacked with Pokesav. Does the game detect illegal Pokémon, no matter in which way it was acquired, and then turn the text red? Maybe it does. I can't think of anything else.

If that's true, then that's a bit unfair. Let's say I wouldn't want to have any hacked Pokémon, completely hypothetically speaking. I could easily trade with some stranger without knowing his Pokémon is hacked. And then I have to suffer the consequences for receiving a hacked Pokémon I don't even want!

The color depends on the gender of the trainer. If you're a girl, the text should be red. If you're a boy, it should be blue.

Also, there is no in-game check for hacked Pokémon.

D'oh! It's really that simple? Here I was worrying over nothing!

Well, thanks very much.