Problems with the Gracidea flower

Willstar

Okay, well, I'm having a bit of a problem using the Gracidea flower. I've got an event Shaymin and acquired the flower in the flower shop in Goldenrod City, and the flower allows me to change the event Shaymin between its Normal and Sky Formes. However, when I try to use the Gracidea on the Shaymin I caught in the Flower Paradise, the game (HeartGold) tells me that it won't have any effect. What's the deal? Has anyone else had this problem?

If it makes a difference, I used an ActionReplay (which is why I'm posting this in this particular forum) to acquire Oak's Letter, but the game wouldn't check that, would it? It would check to see whether the Pokémon was legit, which it is. I managed to catch Shaymin in a regular Poké Ball, too, so would that be the problem?

The game doesn't respond to the shaymin from Oak's letter from what i heard. It only responds to the one from the Toys R Us event or something.

If you got the flower from the girl in the shop, try using it in day. Shaymin automatically goes to land form night time or when he is frozen.

If the oak one doesn't work, then get Pokesav if u playing (J) or get PokeGen if u playing (U). U can create a shaymin in sky form, but u must tick fateful encounter to make the flower work after night has passed again.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help, guys.

I don't like using event Pokémon in the main game itself, which is why I asked. It seems really stupid to be able to catch a Shaymin with Oak's Letter but not be able to transform it at all.