Could I please get some help with Pokesav Legality?

Tiguan

I'm quite now to all this Pokesav Stuff so forgive me if these is a really simple answer. So I put this .pkm file into the Legality Checker and it says that my Effort Values are invalid. I've been trying to adjest them to make them valid but I just can't get it right.

I'm trying to get 31 IV's in HP, ATK, and SPD and as high a value in DEF, SDEF. Is there a program to do this for me or is it just a guessing game? Can anyone help me?

I'm using the Heart Gold Pokesav.

Dratini_01.pkm

Dratini_01.pkm

Wow such a quick reply thanks. I would love it out of the box but I dont now how to make a .pkm file if it isn't in the box. Can i use the Legality Checker if the Pokemon is Out of the box?

Well my EV spred is 252 ATK, 192 SPEED and 64 HP.

That would be really great if you could do that for me but how would I work it out myself in the future?

Thanks Tiguan

Well I'm 2 short of the max EV'ss but as 2 EV's does nothing to stat increase I thought I didn't need it. Could make it 254 ATK. That would give you Max EVs. I don't think its the EVs I'm having problems with. It's the IVs is it not?

Your EV's were 1 too high (511), and you had several other errors. Btw, you can have a maximum of 255 in a stat EV wise, it just doesn't benefit you to go over 252 as it's the last divisible by 4 number before 255.

Anyway, the location was set to Platinum yet didn't have any hidden hex values filled out. The hometown (original game) is incorrect since dratini can only learn ExtremeSpeed in HG/SS. Not sure on this one, but it said it was nicknamed, and had the original name still. Either way I changed the name back to original with corrected trash bytes after it, and you can rename it in game if it's a problem. This one I can't be sure on without verification from you, but is your character ingame a female? If not then that is wrong, and needs to be corrected as well. I'll be attaching a corrected Heart Gold version of this Dratini soon. Also need to hear back from you on the OT gender. Worst case you can fix that yourself with one click though so not that big of a deal. Hope this solves your problem!

Edit: There you go! That should do it, and pass all legit checks. Fixed EVs, fixed Hidden Hex values (even got them set correctly for HG) fixed possible trash byte weirdness and fixed Hometown to be one that is actually legit. Can't think of anything I missed aside from clarification on OT gender. Hope it works out for you, and you enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out if you don't mind (just send me a PM). He's attached below:

Dratini [Tiguan - Heart Gold - ExtremeSpeed].pkm

Dratini [Tiguan - Heart Gold - ExtremeSpeed].pkm

Edited by GentaiShinigami
Attached shiny new Dratini! ^_^

Wow thanks so much ^^. Lol such a silly mistake. When it says meet at farawayplace...what does that mean? Also why does it have a hex value....what it that? is that the Hidden Type move? Thanks alot....great help.

Wow thanks so much ^^. Lol such a silly mistake. When it says meet at farawayplace...what does that mean? Also why does it have a hex value....what it that? is that the Hidden Type move? Thanks alot....great help.

Faraway Place is just how you currently have to do it in HG/SS pokesav because that version of Pokesav is still in development, and they don't have the locations listed in it yet to choose from (Route 34 in this instance which the Hidden Hex is filled out as Route 34). Hidden Hex values are values that are mostly used in Platinum, Heart gold and Soul Silver. They are a Hexadecimal code that says where the poke was caught/hatched, where the egg was obtained if it came from an egg, what type of ball it was caught in, and what type of terrain it was caught in (like cave, tall grass, etc). These things have no bearing on the actual stats of the pokemon, and it performs the same way it did when I started work on it. The only difference stat wise is chopping off 3 EV's on SPD, but that doesn't actually change it's stats either since its only .75 of a stat boost ;)

Np man I hope it passes legit checks ingame and whatnot. This is my first time doing one for HG/SS so was quite the learning experience, but fun none the less. If you really want to be sure it'll work in any Nintendo event just try to upload a video using it with the Vs. Recorder (if that's still in HG/SS I don't know). If it allows you to then Nintendo has no idea it's a hack. Let me know how that turns out please if you would! :D I'll give you a link to the discussion on hidden hex values, and a link for the values for HG/SS:

Hidden Hex:

http://www.projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?218-~Guide-to-44h-45h-46h-47h-and-85h-Values~

HG/SS Location Values (they aren't in Pokesav currently hence FarawayPlace):

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?5532-List-of-46h-and-47h-values-of-HG-SS-locations

Good luck, and enjoy!

I'm really sorry to bother you again but it seems that my Characteristic has changed. Is it at all possible to change it to and characteristic in Speed? Its now on HP with "Often dozes off". Thanks

It still has a 31 in speed. Characteristic is chosen at random if there are multiple stats tied for highest. In this case that is HP ATK and SPD at 31 as you originally supplied it (i never touched IV's). It simply chose one at random to notify you of for the characteristic, but the IV's are still the same. In other words, it's exactly as it was there is nothing to change. =)