Help me build my OU team please

Hi, first of all I am new here in the forum and with the HGSS release I decided to play again Pokemon in a Competitive Battle, I played it a long time ago so I really dont know what is good or bad now. I tried to read some guides but its a lot of information for a people so long away of the Pokemon World. So what i Have done till now.

Electivire , Adamant, 252 atk,252spd,4 hp

Earthquake

ThunderPunch

IcePunch

Cross Chop

Starmie, Timid, 252 spd, 252 spAtk,4 hp

GrassKnot

ThunderBolt,

Surf,

IceBeam

Blissey, Bold, 252 def, 252 hp, 4 spDef

Aromatherapy

SoftBoiled

Seismic Toss

Thunderwave

Well I really don't know if these 3 pokemon can play together in a competitive battle, just made them because i really like them hehehe. Other pokemons I like is Dragonite, the Eevees evolutions. Really don't know where to go now, If someone would like to help me I would be thankful a lot! Thanks in advance.

It's not that bad actually. Starmie is a great Special Sweeper with Life Orb. Recover over Grass Knot is always an option. Electivire should also run Life Orb... Although Electivire is kind of bad in the current meta game... But still can be usable. Hm. You have a weakness to Ground types. Starmie can take some hits, but will die due to the common Stealth Rock, Sandstorm and its Life Orb damage.

I recommend a Gliscor in your team. It does a good job countering Tyranitar (commonly wielding a Choice Scarf) and Scizor whom your team is weak to. Toxic, Taunt, Roost, and Earthquake is a good set to help you beat some stall teams. I recommend Shaymin with Timid, Life Orb, Seed Flare, Hidden Power-Fire, Rest and Earth Power. Also due to this team having a lot of Natural Cure users... I think you should switch Blissey's Aromatherapy for Flamethrower. This will help you beat Skarmory, Forretress and Scizor. You should use a Swampert as its bulk helps you counter specific pokes. Also I would use Avalanche if you're afraid of Latias, who can cause you problems.

If you need anymore advice or recommendations, I'll be more then happy to help. Usually I log on every 1-3 days... So sorry if I'm late.

Well okay, let me see if I understand my team would be Blissey, Electivire, Starmie, Shaymin, Gliscor and Swampert?

The roles would be Electivire, Starmie and Shaymin as sweepers, Blissey and Gliscor as walls and Swampert as Bulky? something like that? Well you said Electivire is not that good, so what pokemon do you suggest in his place? Or with this team he is really the best? I don't mind breeding new pokemons, by the way the most fun stuff in this game is breed new good pokemons and level them and that stuff hehe.

By the way I made a Swampert and some other pokemons this weekend if you want to check and see if I can make a better team

Swampert : Leftovers - Earthquake,Stone Edge,Waterfall and Stealth Rock

Salamence: Choice Specs - Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower and Hydro Pump

Skarmory: Leftovers - Spikes, Whirlwind, Roost and Drill Peck

Weavile: Expert Belt - Pursuit, Ice Punch, Night Slash and Brick Break

Electivire is really cool with good prediction due to its ability. However in looking at your team his coverage and place on your team really isn't all that great, as there are many pokes with exactly the same coverage as him (for instance starmie running boltbeam, swampert running earthquake etc) . Though I fully expect there to be pokemon that share certain moves, it's kind of odd when most of your team will be doing all of the jobs that he will be meant to be doing. So, I think you should keep it physical as you have a nice mixture of special attackers as is. I think dusknoir, lucario or heracross could all be awesome choices. Dusknoir would make good to stop swamperts rocks being spun away, while at the same time covering blissey's fighting weakness. Lucario would provide you a nice grass resist for swampert and starmie, as would heracross; and they will all provide solid attacking options and keep the fighting coverage that electivire provided. Thogh of course you gain another fire weak pokemon if you chose either lucario or heracross

[sPRITE]477[/sPRITE]

Dusknoir (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252HP/ 252 ATK/ 4 Def

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Focus Punch

- Shadow Sneak/sucker punch

- Trick

- Fire Punch/earthquake

This set would be cool as not many people would expect a choice band variant, so you get the surprise factor. Focus punch is for when you switch into someone who will be forced to switch out, getting a hefty hit on the incoming poke. Shadow Sneak and sucker punch are to make up for his poor speed, possibly getting a revenge KO on a weakened foe, you either go for more power and less reliability or less power and more reliability. Trick will cripple spinners and utility pokes alike and fire punch is for weavile who threatens gliscor while earthquake is there for the heatran that threatens shaymin.

[sPRITE]448[/sPRITE]

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Inner Focus

EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd

- Swords Dance

- Extremespeed

- Close Combat

- Crunch

This is a standard lucario set, not really as much of a team player as dusknoir but packs one hell of a punch after a few swords dances. Extremespeed is again for his lacking speed and gives him a good chance to maybe get a chance for a revenge kill, close combat gets stab and crunch forms perfect coverage with it. It can also OHKO a predicted gengar. (for instance switch into a blissey and use crunch instead for teh incoming rotom/gengar used to block close combat)

[sPRITE]214[/sPRITE]

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd

- Megahorn

- Night Slash

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

Heracross is much the same as lucario instead hitting grass types and dragons alike. You could also employ the same technique as with lucario and predict a ghost and get a possible OHKO with nightslash's high crit' rate. :D

Anyway that's just my thoughts, do with them what you will. Sorry if it's a bit long lol.

EDIT:

Just saw that you're thinking about going for skarmory, if so, definitely go with dusknoir. :D

To be honest, I'm not sure how to use an Electivire... Choice Scarf seems usable... But I'm not sure.

Hm... On Swampert I usually use Earthquake, Roar, Avalanche, and Stealth Rock, but your set works. Just make sure to give it Avalanche over Stone Edge. Avalanche mostly hurts Latias, Salamance, but has always been very useful for me. But I would recommend maybe Adamant on this Swampert, and add some Hp and Defense. Possibly 240 HP, 136 attack, 120 Defense? Choice Specs

Salamence ins gooed.

Skarmory... Would be better off using Brave Bird, or Taunt over Drill Peck, to shut down things like Blissey, Forretress, Dusknoir, Swampert and etc. Maybe even Toxic.

As for Weavile... I recommend that you use Low Kick over Brick Break. And use Life Orb. Btw you could consider Ice Shard over Night Slash. I have used it before and it did a great job.

Cool Choice Banded Dusknoir. However I would have recommended Fire Punch, Earthquake, Trick and Shadow Sneak/Sucker Punch instead of Focus Punch. Focus Punch hits hard, but is very difficult to pull off on Choice Banded sets and Dusknoir is less likely to be able to use it nowadays.

Yeah I suppose that makes more sense, it's just really cool if it works properly (for instance pory/blissey/_Other normal/dark type_ switch ins expecting the shadow sneak or other ghost type attack). But your choice will find more use for the more prevalent heatran and weavile.