Games: Nintendo 3DS

NewsBot

• Bot

Article Posted by <a href="/forums/member.php?1379">Alpha</a>: <a href="/news/207/Nintendo 3DS">Nintendo 3DS</a><p>

With the close of Nintendo's fiscal year, we finally get the small details about the new handheld successor to the Nintendo DS. This system is temporarily called the Nintendo 3DS. The 3DS allows 3D gameplay and is compatable with the current DS games.</p>

<p>

Source: <a href="http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf">Nintendo Investor Relations Article</a></p>

From what I have heard it will be atleast as powerfull as the Gamecube. Lets hope for a Colosseum or xD style "3DS" game! With a lot of more features and online stuff!

That would be really impressive. Perhaps it will even the score with the PSP... Perhaps... In any case i was just thinking yesterday while walking how Pokemon is getting more advanced and we get this delicious news. A 3 dimensional hand-held Pokemon world would be really something... If the generation 5 game indeed is with 3D effects... well you know what game of the year probably will be.

There's still a decent amount of hope Gen V could end up on the 3DS... although many websites seem to be throwing around the "March 2011" date, in actually reading the PDF statement on Nintendo of Japan's website, they only state:

will be released in the fiscal year ending March 2011

So in actual fact, that could mean September or October this year as easily as February or March 2011. Things are really starting to look up for Gen V.

I'm a bit skeptical though... 3D seems like a gimmick, just like motion on the Wii was... My friend was actually joking about how Nintendo would be the first to jump on the 3D bandwagon that was approaching (I'm sure you've heard of the 3D gaming prospects by now) because it jumped on motion so quickly... Before you hail 3D, ask yourself: How EXACTLY will this improve gameplay? Why would 3D be so important? And because it's a handheld, why does it need head-tracking!?!

I'm a bit skeptical though... 3D seems like a gimmick, just like motion on the Wii was... My friend was actually joking about how Nintendo would be the first to jump on the 3D bandwagon that was approaching (I'm sure you've heard of the 3D gaming prospects by now) because it jumped on motion so quickly... Before you hail 3D, ask yourself: How EXACTLY will this improve gameplay? Why would 3D be so important? And because it's a handheld, why does it need head-tracking!?!

DUDE DO U THINK PKMN IS THE ONLY DS GAME!?!?!? THINK ABOUT CALL OF DUTY ETC!!! AND ANYWAYS, JUST THE THOUGHT IS TRIPPY ENOUGH FOR ONE TO WANT TO BUY ONE

So hasn't anyone heard.....

Why Nintendo released this information BEFORE april?

Hmm i can't seem to find the page though i heard that the 3DS is an April Fools joke from Nintendo, i heard it from Kotaku, or IGN, or somewhere i can't remember. Nintendo stated that they won't create another handheld for a few more years, they told their apologizes to the fans and stated some stats like how much the DS generation sold etc.

So hasn't anyone heard.....

Why Nintendo released this information BEFORE april?

Hmm i can't seem to find the page though i heard that the 3DS is an April Fools joke from Nintendo, i heard it from Kotaku, or IGN, or somewhere i can't remember. Nintendo stated that they won't create another handheld for a few more years, they told their apologizes to the fans and stated some stats like how much the DS generation sold etc.

Those are the real April Fools, there are no such announcement from Nintendo, they wrote it on the homepage of gbatemp :)..

• 1 month later...