A Good Web Host?

Xor Vok

Does anyone know of some good web hosting sites?

The site I want to build I kinda want to create it like Project Pokemon, but with some sort of reward points or something like that.

It doesn't matter what the price is.

Please post the the details about the website like what they have and stuff!

Unless you have an unlimited amount of money, yes, it does matter.

I hate to burst your bubble, but there are thousands of Pokemon fan sites and fan communities out there. Only a few dozen or so are worth visiting, if even that many. They mainly earn this because they've been around for a long time (Bulbagarden, Serebii), or focus on specific segments of the franchise (Smogon with competitive battling, PP with game research, Pokebeach with TCG).

Now, sites that get a lot of visits and host a lot of material, like Serebii or Smogon, are going to pay more for hosting, and moreso if they have an active forum. But new websites don't need to spend the same amount of money as established sites do, simply because they aren't getting as many hits.

Good web hosting varies on what you're going to be using it for. I think you need to specify your plans for the website, your capabilities of designing one, and so on, and maybe talk with an IT person locally to see where to go next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.1and1.com/

I'm using it for UniqueGeeks.Net right now, however, I don't know how good they are at Linux hosting (the kind of hosting you would want for vBulletin). It does (for Linux hosting) support PHP and MYSQL. For Microsoft Hosting, it supports ASP.Net and MS SQL 2008, much better than PHP, however, no really good free forum systems for it that are released.

Edited by evandixon
typo