Trying to figure out how to PokeSAV (legitimate) Eggs, both obtained & hatched in HGSS

Felidire

I just need to figure out how to make pokemon, as an egg obtained from the HGSS DayCareCouple, hatched on route 34. Once I have a basic understanding of the guidelines and what to do/what not to do, then I shouldn't have any trouble making pokemon in the future. I'm sure that i'm not the only idiot out there looking for answers, so hopefully if this gets cleared up then others will be able to figure it out as well.

This is what pokemon I want to create as an example, i'll upload a screenshot of what I have so far - and if anyone wants to help or point out errors, then i'll correct them - until I have an uploaded image that actually works.

So far, the codes i've tested either do nothing.. or they freeze the game (but the music continues playing).

---

Lv.100 Togekiss

Game ver: Soul Silver (US)

Obtained: as an egg from DayCareCouple (in johto)

Hatched: at Route 34

PokeSAV .03a

Uploading code to Action Replay DS

---

Edit#1: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g49/Felidire/PokeSAV_HGSS3.jpg

---

Edited by Felidire

You just need to swap places between DayCareCouple and Farawayplace. Make the "Egg Hatched At" to be 2000, and the "Met in Place" to be 3002.

I know it doesn't make sense for the "Egg Hatched At" to be the DayCareCouple, but it's really WHERE or WHO you got the egg from. The programmer must've gotten lazy or forgot to change that detail.

You need to change to "Class 2" for the "Serene Grace" ability. "Class 1" is for "Hustle." In the future you can use Serebii PokeDex for the order of abilities.

Also, make change for the "Met at Level" to "0." Check out this Pokemon Legibility guide. http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?825-Pokmon-Legality-Guide

Everything else seems to be correct, otherwise.

Good luck.

Edit: Hold on. I need to confirm if the "Met at Level" is still supposed to be "0" for the hatched Pokemon. This is HG/SS now, so I need to check.

Thanks that was actually rather informative and straight forward.

I've never actually set the level met as 0, and i've always used that "met @ daycarecouple, hatched at wherever" layout, and PBR has always accepted them - so their detection of hacked pokemon mustn't me as rigorous as I originally thought it was!

I'll edit it and update the screenshot for anyone else who googles their way into this thread.

btw, is "86h - 04" correct? I wasn't sure if it's supposed to be 00 or 04 for a hatched pogey.

--

Edit: lol.. why don't they just change the "Class1, Class2" to "Ability1, Ability2" that'd take like what.. 25 seconds?

I've seen the following happen at least half a dozen times in the last 2 years.

noob: "durr what iz class?" =x

expert: I just pick class 1 'cause it sounds better!

noob: "Oh, ok!"

btw, is "86h - 04" correct? I wasn't sure if it's supposed to be 00 or 04 for a hatched pogey.
Yeah, that's because "04" is Poke Ball in HG/SS. It's only 00 if it's hatched in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or was caught in the Pal-Park.

This code keeps crashing my game for some reason, I get to the point where I press "L + R" but after that when I go to move the trainer the game just freezes but the music keeps playing.

I made a pokemon that I found in the grass, without editing the hex values, and I had no trouble using that code - so either the hex values or the egg/location met part is causing me issues I guess.

--

Edit: Nevermind, figured out why it was freezing so bloody much; I just edited pokesav with c++ myself over the last few days so it would actually work properly for me and _without_ so many hassles. I even made the button text appear in red before a value is edited, and appear green after you alter something - so if you're mass-producing pokemon, or say making a team of 6, you can quickly flick through each profile to check if you've missed anything. I did that because i'll easily make over 200 pokemon. I added the hex values in a drop-down menu next to the 3002-FarAwayPlace (which I greyed out permanently because that's all I'll ever use).

and no, i'm not sharing it with anyone; 'cause no one even tried to help me figure out the freezing issue which was plaguing me for the last week.

So yeah, you can close this thread if you like there's no reason for anyone to post here now.

Edited by Felidire

I never had that problem, but I fixed it for my girlfriend who was experiencing similar issues using vista. and I fixed the sh*tty bug where you try to type in your name and it only allows 2 letter - resulting in you having to keyboard mash. =/

How about editing the OT? Whenever I attempt to to do it, I get a ????????? as the OT name.

Make sure on the first page you have your name, your ID, and your SID all put in their respective places. Then, when you change the OT and IDs it will successfully input it for you into the game.