GTS: website research

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, so I've gotten dnsserver to work and pkmserver to work, but right when my character goes to check the PC/GTS thing, the game starts rapidly flashing blue, and the pkmserver says "python: can't open file 'pkmlib.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory". Can anyone help with this?

Also, I have all the files in the same directory, if that matters.

Alright, I have the Dns server from the dns_and_pkm_srv File posted in this same thread, it says

Checking redirect Table and fetching proper IP's....

[gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net] "2" set to "75.91.55.18"

Starting Dns server in seperate thread...done!

Server is waiting for Requests.....

And the Pkmserver from the same file says

Started HTTP Server on port 80...

And when i connect to the GTS with 75.91.55.18 as my primary DNS. The Signal starts red, goes green, then red and says

Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi Connection

Check your Connection Settings

For help, Visit support.nintendo.com

Error Code: 52100

Alright, so I've gotten dnsserver to work and pkmserver to work, but right when my character goes to check the PC/GTS thing, the game starts rapidly flashing blue, and the pkmserver says "python: can't open file 'pkmlib.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory". Can anyone help with this?

Nevermind on this, I got it to work. However, it works for myself, but whenever someone else tries to connect, dnsserver says

"conntest.nintendowifi.net" <buypass>

"nas.nintendowifi.net" <buypass>

"gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net" -> "My IP address"

and they end up losing their connection. Basically, it goes through for me but not for them. Any help?

Also, when I do other .pkm files, no matter if they're legal or not, the screen starts flashing blue and black really fast, then prompts me to restart the game. Any help on this also?

EDIT: On Pokemon HG/SS, it doesn't flash, but it does give a blue screen.

Edited by zowayixx

I think it would be awesome if the people who understand these things the best could make up some sort of user manual for them, and maybe a FAQ for them as well. would clear up a lot of these questions people have.

Found this thread about 2 hours ago, on the whim of a friend who's sick of IV breeding. been putting various bits of coding together since.

On Windows 7/32bit with a D.Link-524 router

I have gotten the SendPKM python code working in conjunction with edited .PKM files (from PokeSAV) Python Scripts working properly, and I managed to transfer things into my old, junk copy, of Diamond.

my test BS bulbasaur looks to be working perfectly (but will probably get flagged by every hack detector ever, so i have no intention of using it). When DL'd from the fake GTS server there were no errors.

On a different whim I tried to make an exploding magikarp. Communication error resulted, but still transferred into box buuuuuuuuuuuut~ game freezes everytime I attempt to stare at it. I suspect ineptitude with PokeSAV. (could anyone possibly tell me which values on pokesav HAVE to be filled in to avoid this in the future)

Anyways I just wanted to reaffirm that it does work, and congratulations and thank you for all of your (presumably) hard work.

I think it would be awesome if the people who understand these things the best could make up some sort of user manual for them, and maybe a FAQ for them as well. would clear up a lot of these questions people have.

I'd make some sort of thing, being able to get them to work was a task, but eventually wasn't a huge problem, however I'm not well equipped enough.

What you're using are extreme Alpha versions, if you can't handle the code don't expect a manual or something, you will have to be somewhat computer savvy and know how/where to mess with the code to get stuff to work, it's decently documented.

"conntest.nintendowifi.net" <buypass>

"nas.nintendowifi.net" <buypass>

"gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net" -> "My IP address"

and they end up losing their connection. Basically, it goes through for me but not for them. Any help?

Also, when I do other .pkm files, no matter if they're legal or not, the screen starts flashing blue and black really fast, then prompts me to restart the game. Any help on this also?

EDIT: On Pokemon HG/SS, it doesn't flash, but it does give a blue screen.

Are you making sure those other pokemon are PARTY pokemon? 236 bytes instead of 136 bytes?

Also, do you get the blue screen on HG/SS AFTER you get the pokemon? If you see the pokemon come over and then you blue screen, that's normal.

It seems your issue with other people connecting is because you're router is connecting fine, but to other people you aren't.

What IP are you giving to others? It seems that they're connecting to your DNS server you setup, but not actually 'getting' to the sendpkm.exe/py , Someone I met in IRC also had this problem.

Alright, I have the Dns server from the dns_and_pkm_srv File posted in this same thread, it says

And the Pkmserver from the same file says

And when i connect to the GTS with 75.91.55.18 as my primary DNS. The Signal starts red, goes green, then red and says

How far does your DNS server take you?

Also which scripts are you using? (The most recent one posted by Vlad?)

Don't know, tried it and failed.

You mean you tried the script,or the testing? The testing works if you use Vlad's egts script. I haven't had success with the others.

Scratch that, its not working for me anymore =/

I mean ive never had issues sending myself the pokemons. But im trying to use the one you posted which would allow others to connect.

I have static IP, made 4 entries on my router for 53 UDP/TCP and 80 UDP/TCP ; as well as the same for my computer(windows firewall).

but i cant get anyone else to connect.

Mind giving me a hand =/?

And the other questioin would be if it would be possible to make the scripts work ona regular web host

Scratch that, its not working for me anymore =/

I mean ive never had issues sending myself the pokemons. But im trying to use the one you posted which would allow others to connect.

I have static IP, made 4 entries on my router for 53 UDP/TCP and 80 UDP/TCP ; as well as the same for my computer(windows firewall).

but i cant get anyone else to connect.

Mind giving me a hand =/?

And the other questioin would be if it would be possible to make the scripts work ona regular web host

What issue are you having exactly?

The only common problem I've run into is people end up with seeing the DNS server connections, but the people get 52100/52101 errors (the DNSserver.py not properly directing towards somewhere for the sendpkm.exe to pick it up, or the sendpkm.exe not properly reading where the DNSserver.py is sending it).

I've yet to find a perfect solution, but I'd recommend: A)Disabling firewall both on your modem (for that single PC), and windows firewall if you have it, and running in Administrator mode. Make sure that you have in "Internet Settings" "Public" set for that program, so that people outside your network can connect without a problem.

I've yet to figure out the webhost problem, I'm pretty interested in an answer myself. I believe since the DNS goes by server, you can't exactly forward it to a shared hosting server. If you have dedicated hosting (expensive as hell so I doubt it), you could probably do this easily.

Doesn't matter whether or not your shared hosting supports python and all that crap, just probably won't work, I tried it, but then again I didn't try hard, so w/e.

What issue are you having exactly?

The only common problem I've run into is people end up with seeing the DNS server connections, but the people get 52100/52101 errors (the DNSserver.py not properly directing towards somewhere for the sendpkm.exe to pick it up, or the sendpkm.exe not properly reading where the DNSserver.py is sending it).

I've yet to find a perfect solution, but I'd recommend: A)Disabling firewall both on your modem (for that single PC), and windows firewall if you have it, and running in Administrator mode. Make sure that you have in "Internet Settings" "Public" set for that program, so that people outside your network can connect without a problem.

Well thing is that i dont get an error message

I try and connect, but then it just says it cant conenct and that im gonna get send to the counter, but theres not a message with an error #

I cant disable the router firewall for th whole router or the one PC.

Windows firewall is turned off.

heres a screenie with the sendpkm.exe log

cmdk.jpg

cmdk.jpg

I'm having this same problem. All ports are open, my firewall on the router is completely off, Windows Firewall is completely off, and he has no hacked Pokemon with him. Any help?

(btw, I solved my other problem stated in reply #155)

I'm having this same problem. All ports are open, my firewall on the router is completely off, Windows Firewall is completely off, and he has no hacked Pokemon with him. Any help?

Firewall doesn't matter, you need to portforward. (unless you DMZ'd your computer)

Portforward TCP&UDP 53 and TCP&UDP 80 to your LAN IP (I suggest setting your lan IP to static (in the DHCP reservation table))

That should fix it

Well thing is that i dont get an error message

I try and connect, but then it just says it cant conenct and that im gonna get send to the counter, but theres not a message with an error #

I cant disable the router firewall for th whole router or the one PC.

Windows firewall is turned off.

heres a screenie with the sendpkm.exe log

cmdk.jpg

That isn't much help. Check if your IP is correct, try using your LAN IP, etc..

-end reply to quote-

I might try to convert this into a PHP script ASP.NET and then PHP (so that you can use it on your webhost). You'll need to figure out how to redirect DNS, though.

Python script won't work there.

Nevermind, my ISP sucks. It's blocking 53 and 80. Thanks anyway. [noparse]:/[/noparse]

Vlad posted a PHP script you could use.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3930&d=1269817603

Your ISP isn't blocking 53 by the way, your forwarding has some problems.

You could use that script on your webhost (on a subdomain), and have the simple DNS CNAME to that subdomain. Then have your friend set the DNS to you, and he'll get redirected to that script.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\dnsse
rver.py", line 84
   except Exception as ex:
                     ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Get this thrown up when I use it.

Odd, hmm... Well basically this happens when it tries to bind the DNS server to port 53, it seems like some other program have taken the port and it's busy so it casts an error. About the syntax error it's odd as "except Exception as ex:" would be triggered when there is an exception and "ex" would be the string value that explains what went wrong. By the way http://www.python.org/ "Quick Links (2.6.5)" 'Windows Installer' -that's what I use, dunno, may be just a version difference that there is a syntax error there and not when I run it. :/

The command/executable "python" should be accessible from any directory. It's not up to date (couldn't find one that was) but take a look at the idea of how to set up Python in the "Path" variable, click here. I think that would fix the issue.

When it asks me to Enter in the IP of the fake GTS Server, i enter in my IP, and it says "Dns Server started on 0.0.0.0:53" Whats that mean?

I means any IP that leads to the current machine (acting as server) will be accepted by the application, that is all port 53 connections. Note this does not mean that port forwarding can be ignored, only that 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.100 (internal IP's) and so on, can access the service. Public clients will still be blocked by the router if port forwarding is not done properly.

... And when i connect to the GTS with 75.91.55.18 as my primary DNS. The Signal starts red, goes green, then red and says

I believe this is a port forwarding issue, I myself use DMZ (because I am awesome) so it's basically like my PC is directly connected to the internet -thus I don't need to port forward stuff (don't worry about my security, I got a strong firewall configuration). Basically if you can access the official GTS without problems then you can also use the server(s) I made without a problem. Only issue is if port 53 (for the DNS) is not forwarded but it seems like you managed to as it shows connection queries on the console. When "gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net" is redirected to your own IP, the pkmserver.py script should show requests and responses on the console, if not then port 80 is not accessible and you need to port forward it too. Port 80 is the website, port 53 is the DNS server. Those two must be forwarded properly -this is ONLY if you want public access. You can still set the DNS to your local (behind router) IP. Also edit dnsserver.py and look at line 13. You can change "2" (use public IP) to "1" or manually enter your IP. This way you can manage to at least use it yourself without public access but only local access, I mean it's not a big deal if all you want is send stuff to yourself (like most people want). ;)

-----

Most issues people will encounter are port forwarding issues, because I've tested this on a port forwarding "free" environment (all ports open) and communication works fine both from the intranet requests and when using my public IP. When you want a public service you must open ports 53 and 80 for public access, then all DNS requests that are hooked will be visible on the pkmserver.py console as HTTP requests. Basically you run your mini http server (and you can if you like open http://<ip> in your browser to see a neat "Hello world" page for all non NDS users. :P Anyway I hope people work their problems out eventually. We developers do work on the GTS because there are still some small details left undocumented, thus there is no real GTS yet available. Thats why what you see is just some snippets of code made to barely work for specific things (like sending you a pokemon when you connect to the GTS). Expect problems and some errors here and there. ;)

Also since I use pkmlib.py by LordLandon for encoding the pkm files properly it still is limited to party-pkm files and not storage once. Storage files are smaller and the script fails to properly encode those while it works fine for the party once. Yet again some party files may also end up in a blue screen, I believe it's a encoding issue that will be fixed sooner or later.

Edited by Vlad
Added more responses to some questions

+

Firewall doesn't matter, you need to portforward. (unless you DMZ'd your computer)

Portforward TCP&UDP 53 and TCP&UDP 80 to your LAN IP (I suggest setting your lan IP to static (in the DHCP reservation table))

That isn't much help. Check if your IP is correct, try using your LAN IP, etc..

-end reply to quote-

I might try to convert this into a PHP script ASP.NET and then PHP (so that you can use it on your webhost). You'll need to figure out how to redirect DNS, though.

Python script won't work there.

my IP is static, and it that one.

The port are forwarded fine on the routeer, although i dont trust the port 80TCP<.<

Its that i used a portchecker called PFPortchecker(from portforward.com) ports 53 tcp/udp are open and 80 udp is open, but the 80 tcp shows as closed...., but if i use a portchecker online it shows port80 as open Xx

ay suggestions =/ ?

Vlad posted a PHP script you could use.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3930&d=1269817603

Your ISP isn't blocking 53 by the way, your forwarding has some problems.

You could use that script on your webhost (on a subdomain), and have the simple DNS CNAME to that subdomain. Then have your friend set the DNS to you, and he'll get redirected to that script.

Would u mind explaining that one with a bit more detail ?

Sorry about this but I have 2 questions

Q1. How do I form a .pkm file. A more detailed guide than the 56 file would be helpful

Q2. I am running python 2.6 (the basic 2.6 not 2.65 or similar) and when I run any of the files in the Sendpkm.zip folder a Black box( it comes up so fast I cant read the box type but it is python.exe) Flicks on but dissapears a milisecond Later.

It wouyld be appreciated if these questions were answered.

Keep up the good work .

Sorry about this but I have 2 questions

Q1. How do I form a .pkm file. A more detailed guide than the 56 file would be helpful

Q2. I am running python 2.6 (the basic 2.6 not 2.65 or similar) and when I run any of the files in the Sendpkm.zip folder a Black box( it comes up so fast I cant read the box type but it is python.exe) Flicks on but dissapears a milisecond Later.

It wouyld be appreciated if these questions were answered.

Keep up the good work .

Form a pkm file? You should use pokesav and just save the pkm file to the same folder as the script.

Idk about th 2nd one, i have the 2.6.X that was on the python website and it works for e when i send pokemon to myself.

what OS are you using?