GTS: website research

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yah i have the DNS set to the same IP as my home network on my DS

And exactly the same IP is shown in the textbox of the DNS in HyperGTS?

Does the game show any error when you try to enter the GTS? The log of the DNS and the GTS show nothing?

I'm wondering if in the future will this program be able to receive pokemon from our DS to the PC?

It already does, just use the deposit feature when you're using the gts on the ds and HyperGTS stores it. Be sure to choose reject pokémon though, it saves a lot of hassle.

I was wondering if I could make a request....If you guys could make pretty much fake wifi connection for the GTS, don't you think that you would be able to make something similar where the DS connects to the program through Mystery Gift Wifi, and it would send you a Wonder Card?

I was wondering if I could make a request....If you guys could make pretty much fake wifi connection for the GTS, don't you think that you would be able to make something similar where the DS connects to the program through Mystery Gift Wifi, and it would send you a Wonder Card?

They're not as similar as you'd think. The games use SSL to verify that they are connecting with the real Nintendo servers for mystery gift downloads (as well as most other online functions). For whatever reason, they don't use SSL with the GTS, and faking the server is as easy as redirecting traffic and running the right software.

In order to make a fake mystery gift server we would have to get a certificate that can pass whatever checks the games perform before finalizing the connection. Certificates can be made easily enough, but I'm not sure if it's possible to make one that can actually pass the tests.

They're not as similar as you'd think. The games use SSL to verify that they are connecting with the real Nintendo servers for mystery gift downloads (as well as most other online functions). For whatever reason, they don't use SSL with the GTS, and faking the server is as easy as redirecting traffic and running the right software.

In order to make a fake mystery gift server we would have to get a certificate that can pass whatever checks the games perform before finalizing the connection. Certificates can be made easily enough, but I'm not sure if it's possible to make one that can actually pass the tests.

That would be pretty hard. We'd need to get a private key that matches the public key the DS has (either that or we figure out how to change the certificate in the ROM, but that would be pointless, since if you can load a hacked ROM, ...). (and no it's not possible to get a private key from a public key). Best chance we have is brute forcing the key.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security#Security. The DS<->GTS would fall under the first few applications there.