GTS: website research

Yo!

I need some help....

Whenever i send a pokemon using the GTS_nuker i have to keep pasting the path to the pokemon in the nuker... could someone please help me?

Also should i be using the sendpkm.py file to get my dns and then use the nuker... it seemed to work for me....

Launch the Program then drag your .pkm file onto it then back space the " that you see and hit enter

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

M@T thank god you're on. I've been trying to figure something out all day long here. How can I establish a connection from an outside person (friend) to the GTS server? I've tried combinations of IP's and DNS's and he still recieves a error saying no connection could be established. And I have ports 80 and 53 forwarded.

Thank you codemonkey85.

I finished the new version of my DNS server, it includes some automation now.

I added several command-line options, described with "/?" :

Usage : DNS_Server [public_IP] [/local:<local_IP>] [/dns:<DNS_IP>] [/auto]
                  [/localonly | /nolocal] [/log]

public_IP     Public (external) IP address to use.
               Must be a valid IP address (e.g. 123.45.67.89).
               This parameter is ignored if /localonly is specified.
 local_IP      Local (internal, private) IP address to use.
               Must be a valid IP address (e.g. 192.168.1.2).
               This parameter is ignored if /nolocal is specified.
 DNS_IP        IP address of the real DNS server used to perform DNS queries.
               The default value can be changed in 'DNS_Server.exe.config'.
 /auto         If this flag is set, the program will try and find both public
               and private IPs automatically.
               If, for any reason, one or both of the operations failed,
               you would be prompted to give the missing IP address(es).
               This option enables automatic public/private IP switching.
               If used with /localonly, the program won't try and find a
               public IP.
               Similarly, with /nolocal, only the public IP will be fetched.
 /localonly    When used, this parameter will make the program use only the
               internal IP, and disables autoswitching between public and
               private IPs.
 /nolocal      The opposite of /localonly : only the public IP will be used.
 /log          If set, the program will log every request it receives and what
               it sends to the client, including raw DNS-queries packets.
 /?, --help    Shows this help screen ('?', '-h' and '-?' also work).

Every parameter is case-insensitive, and can be set using prefixes '/', '-' and
'--' (e.g. '-lOcAl:192.168.1.2', '--DNS:8.8.8.8', '-Auto', '/LOG', etc.).

(I included a .bat file to run it in 'auto' mode in the ZIP.)

Basically, to use it, simply enter things as asked (public and/or private IP, and whether you want to use automatic IP switching).

It automatically finds your IPs, and asks you whether or not you agree with what it found.

The automatic IP switching checks whether the client's IP is a private one (see here for private IP ranges).

If so, the DNS server tells the client that gamestats2.gs.nintendowifi.net's IP is the one set as local IP.

If not, it uses the public IP.

It is really useful for people who want to run a GTS server on their own computer, and have clients from both their local network (e.g. themselves) and the Internet.

Please report any problem.

EDIT : This program, as well as all my other programs, needs Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 in order to run properly.

You can find it here.

Is it possible to Set Random pokemon to your Personal (House) Gts Server? I only know how to set random on the ones others are receiving (Using my External Ip)

I don't see exactly what you mean...

What program are you using ?

DNS_Server_v0.3+src.zip

DNS_Server_v0.3+src.zip

Edited by M@T
Added .NET Fx requirements

My friend noticed a problem, like with the pkmsend each time he D/C's and reconnects, it wont allow him to. Except instead of the server shutting down, it just kicks him out to the title screen, and the server is still active?

M@T would it be possible to add the feature of depositing pokemon by IP (seperate folders per IP)? Just thought it'd be a neat feature :P

My new GTS server works with the IDs of the games, which is better than IP (if you have a dynamic IP, you wouldn't be able to take your Pokémon back when it changes for example).

I can do what you say with IDs, and write in a file which IP(s) corresponds to each ID...

Or if you really want it, one folder per IP, but dynamic IPs might make it a bit confusing.

My friend noticed a problem, like with the pkmsend each time he D/C's and reconnects, it wont allow him to. Except instead of the server shutting down, it just kicks him out to the title screen, and the server is still active?

I don't have this problem when connecting from my local network, but unfortunately I can't test it from the Internet.

Could you copy/paste the entire DNS and GTS logs when he connects to the GTS, then disconnects and reconnects ?

Did you have this problem with my old DNS server too ?

Python. Sendpkmn.py

And you say that it is possible with external IPs, but not with your internal one ?

That's odd, or I don't understand your previous post...

[quote name=M@T;77181

And you say that it is possible with external IPs' date=' but not with your internal one ?

That's odd, or I don't understand your previous post...[/quote]

I can give people using my External Ip Random pokemon but I want to Give my self (people in my house) Random pokemon too.

Hi M@T, are you able to make a GTS Server that is loggable like the DNS Server above? Thanks.

Yes, what do you want to log exactly ?

Every HTML request/response, with the complete URL and IP of the client ?

I can give people using my External Ip Random pokemon but I want to Give my self (people in my house) Random pokemon too.

Instead of putting your external IP in the DNS server, use your internal one.

My intention is to log every Pokemon that comes in and goes out, like the line

"* A Grimer <lvl 28, male> was deposited and converted to .pkm.

* Filename : C:\..........\.....pkm"

And just for the fun of it, if it's not too inconvenient, the IP of the poster, like in

"Client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx

Requesting : ......."

Thanks.

Edit : Also, could this be done for SendPKM? Like, whenever a Pokemon is sent and from which IP?

My new GTS server works with the IDs of the games, which is better than IP (if you have a dynamic IP, you wouldn't be able to take your Pokémon back when it changes for example).

I can do what you say with IDs, and write in a file which IP(s) corresponds to each ID...

Or if you really want it, one folder per IP, but dynamic IPs might make it a bit confusing.

I don't have this problem when connecting from my local network, but unfortunately I can't test it from the Internet.

Could you copy/paste the entire DNS and GTS logs when he connects to the GTS, then disconnects and reconnects ?

Did you have this problem with my old DNS server too ?

And you say that it is possible with external IPs, but not with your internal one ?

That's odd, or I don't understand your previous post...

Well it happened first with the old server, the new server it happened, but then after posting this I rebooted.

Works like a charm now, it ran all night, morning, and day. No problems. But yeah that'd be awesome to do that with the folders. Save a lot of time sorting through pokemon lol.

I'm almost done, I am implementing a logging and a sorting feature, as well as the ability to see what is requested when one deposits a Pokémon.

I don't have much time to code, but it should be ready in one hour or two.

ill be making a .pkm downloader tonight for all the people who are confused about how and where to download the files from

Edit: ill even make a gui in vb if someone could help me port the python script to work as in a vb program

Version 0.3 of my GTS server is ready.

I added several command-line parameters :

/verbose (or simply /v) : makes the program more verbose (it describes every action done by the client).

/log : logs the following actions : the servers starts, a Pokémon is deposited, a Pokémon is taken back.

/logall : logs everything, just like the main console. If /verbose is used, the logs are more verbose too.

/sortbyid : sorts the .PKMs in folders according to the client's game ID. Folder name is 'PKMs_[client's ID]' (without the brackets).

/sortbyip : sorts the .PKMs in folders according to the client's IP address. Folder name is 'PKMs_[client's IP]'.

If both /sortbyid and /sortbyip are specified, .PKMs are stored in a folder named 'PKMs_[client's ID]_[client's IP]'.

/prompt : prompts whether you want to enable parameters above that are not set by command-line.

Every parameter is case-insensitive, and can be prefixed with either '/', '-' or '/'.

I also fixed some typos, and a probem with relative/absolute paths.

I included 3 .BAT files to quickly use tags '/log', '/verbose' and '/prompt'.

In the next version, I'll try to add the ability to send .PKMs, just like SendPKM, but I need to find out how to fix the BSOD issue first.

EDIT : This program, as well as all my other programs, needs Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 in order to run properly.

You can find it here.

Edit: ill even make a gui in vb if someone could help me port the python script to work as in a vb program

You want to make a .PKM sender in VB ?

I already made one in VB.NET 9.0, you can have look at the sources (it is included in the .ZIP file named GTS_Nuker).

GTS_Server_v0.3+src.zip

GTS_Server_v0.3+src.zip

Edited by M@T
Added .NET Fx requirements

Once I figured out that this also needs .net Framework 3.5, the new DNS server works great. In fact, it's the first time I've actually been able use it with people outside my internal network so props again, M@T.

lol wow m@t you're seriously efficient. And thank you for adding that, awesome indeed *downloaded now*. Now i'd worship you if you could just get rid of that stupid ribbon limitation lol. But yeah, thanks for including that feature so fast. Should make a lot of things much much easier.