GTS: website research

Hey guys, I've been trying to host my GTS server but its not working.

When I get into the connect to Nintendo Wifi connection, it just stays like that and eventually gives me an error in which I have to restart the DS.

However when I look at my DNS server it says its Spoofing to my IP Address, though nothings happening on my DNS.

I've turned off my firewall, skype etc and anything else that may get in the way.

Any Help?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@イーブイ

Does that mean that with the Code you posted it will be possible to write a program/script that allows me to upload a PKMN from the game to the PC and download it as often as I want?

Are you working on something like this or just the online-GTS?

Uh' date=' it's part of my entire site. Not really meant for people to run for themselves, especially if you're not a developer.[/quote']

ok, I thought that before, but then I misunderstood your 2nd post and thought that I can run it on my computer. I am a developer but I never learned Python... but I think I understand most of it :)

I will have a look at your code and try to make a script that can be run locally on a computer... but if anybody already tries to do this please tell me so I don't have to ;)

I am currently making a VB.NET program that acts as a GTS server, allowing users to deposit/retrive a Pokémon and saving a .pkm of every Pokémon it receives (but no "search" function yet, so no real trading).

It is based on my SendPKM.exe program and on イーブイ's fake_gts.py.

It works fine, I just have to modify some things and I post it.

I am currently making a VB.NET program that acts as a GTS server, allowing users to deposit/retrive a Pokémon and saving a .pkm of every Pokémon it receives (but no "search" function yet, so no real trading).

Sounds good, I cant wait.

The program is nearly finished, I am making some tests now, to see if it handles properly every kind of requests (except searching a Pokémon).

@ madaruwode : I always release the source code with my programs, don't worry. :wink:

PS : Before starting to deal with fake GTS & DNS servers, I didn't know Python at all, but it made me discover this language and it is quite easy actually. :redface:

EDIT : I'm going to eat, I will probably release the program in 1 hour or less.

It is based on my SendPKM.exe program and on イーブイ's fake_gts.py.

So basically you're working on a way to transfer Pokemon from the DS to the computer? Man that would be really great to find out secret IDs for people that don't own flash carts.

So basically you're working on a way to transfer Pokemon from the DS to the computer? Man that would be really great to find out secret IDs for people that don't own flash carts.

Well actually you can obtain your SID's from HGSS Easily all you need is to know 3 lotto numbers in a row and your Trainer id just translate this website

http://oupo.xrea.jp/sid-search/

Finally, here it is. :tongue:

I took my old SendPKM.exe program as a base, on which I added some functions present in fake_gts.py.

I also used some parts of codemonkey85' awesome PokemonDSLib for the Pokémon data-manipulating functions (encryption/decryption).

It is threaded, just like my other program.

You just have to run 'GTS Server.exe' with a DNS server redirecting to your IP (local or public, depending on where you connect your DS from).

[bTW, I improved my DNS server a long time ago but there are some bugs now, I'll see if I can release a new version soon.]

When the program is launched for the first time, it creates 2 folders, named 'PKMs' and 'Current'.

Every Pokémon sent by the game is converted to a .pkm and put in the 'PKMs' folder, under the name '[current timestamp]_[Pokémon specie]_[game PID].pkm' (without the brackets).

'Current' contains the current Pokémon data, one for each game PID, under the name 'current_[game PID].dat' (without the brackets).

The data files are 292 bytes long, beginning with the 236 encrypted party-Pokémon bytes and followed by 56 GTS-specific bytes, as described here.

When a game deposits a Pokémon, a .dat file is created in that folder.

It remains present until the game calls 'return.asp', typically when the Pokémon is taken back.

However, the .pkm stays in the 'PKMs' folder.

---

I started to add a 'verbose' functionnality, you can use it by passing '-verbose' (or '-v') as argument.

It simply shows more description of the requests made by the DS.

The program is still a console application, but can easily be included in a window app.

I was planning to make a kind of Pokémon management system, to change which Pokémon are currently stored for example, but I don't have much time at the moment.

PS : .NET Framework version 3.5 is requied to run this program, if you don't have it or if you are unsure of the version you have, download it from here.

GTS_Server_v0.2+src.zip

GTS_Server_v0.2+src.zip

Edited by M@T
Added .NET Framework 3.5 requirements.

Finally, here it is. :tongue:

I took my old SendPKM.exe program as a base, on which I added some functions present in fake_gts.py.

I also used some parts of codemonkey85' awesome PokemonDSLib for the Pokémon data-manipulating functions (encryption/decryption).

It is threaded, just like my other program.

You just have to run 'GTS Server.exe' with a DNS server redirecting to your IP (local or public, depending on where you connect your DS from).

[bTW, I improved my DNS server a long time ago but there are some bugs now, I'll see if I can release a new version soon.]

When the program is launched for the first time, it creates 2 folders, named 'PKMs' and 'Current'.

Every Pokémon sent by the game is converted to a .pkm and put in the 'PKMs' folder, under the name '[current timestamp]_[Pokémon specie]_[game PID].pkm' (without the brackets).

'Current' contains the current Pokémon data, one for each game PID, under the name 'current_[game PID].dat' (without the brackets).

The data files are 292 bytes long, beginning with the 236 encrypted party-Pokémon bytes and followed by 56 GTS-specific bytes, as described here.

When a game deposits a Pokémon, a .dat file is created in that folder.

It remains present until the game calls 'return.asp', typically when the Pokémon is taken back.

However, the .pkm stays in the 'PKMs' folder.

---

I started to add a 'verbose' functionnality, you can use it by passing '-verbose' (or '-v') as argument.

It simply shows more description of the requests made by the DS.

The program is still a console application, but can easily be included in a window app.

I was planning to make a kind of Pokémon management system, to change which Pokémon are currently stored for example, but I don't have much time at the moment.

When i launch the program it crashes and i get the following message:

GTS Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

and gives me an option to send error report or don't send.