GTS: website research

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've read through this entire thread, downloaded and tried out everything so far, and still cannot make it so other people can connect and receive Pokemon from me. I have no problem sending Pokemon on my PC to my DS, I just can't get it to work for others.

I have a static IP, I'm pretty sure I did everything right when it comes to opening and forwarding ports, but any port checker I use tells me 53 and 80 are closed. The error message I always get is 52100. I'm at a loss of what I could be doing wrong. I'm starting to think maybe my ISP just doesn't allow port 53 and 80 to be open. If that's the case, what do I do?

I'm hoping I'm just making an error somewhere with the ports. Here is a screen shot of my configurations, can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

portshit.jpg

Try opening UDP only for port 53 and TCP only for port 80, I don't know if it'll help you but it worked for me.

I ended up trying out Port Triggering, and I managed to get 53 TCP and UDP open, and 80 UDP open, but 80 TCP is still closed. I tried again online with people, and I thought it was working, but everyone says they just got sent back to the lobby. This is the screen shot of what was happening though. What was I doing wrong this time? Should I still need to try out this opening UDP only for port 53 and TCP only for port 80 method?

pokes.jpg

DNS server is getting requests, that's a beginning.

When you do a port 80 check on your IP, is SendPKM.exe showing an error saying that it got a wrong request ?

If nothing happens, then try the method I told you, open TCP only for port 80 instead of "Both".

That worked for me with port 53, it didn't work when I opened both TCP and UDP, but I solved it by opening UDP only, idk why.

hey, i've been having lots of trouble with GTS_nuker. The problem is that When i try to "check gts status" it quickly give me an error screen, like the DS won't eve connect to my computer. IPs are correct, and both the fake GTS program and the Send PKM program are open. What do i have to do?

EDIT: just noticed that the Send PKM file seemed to get a connection, but didn'y think it was a ds.

hey, i've been having lots of trouble with GTS_nuker. The problem is that When i try to "check gts status" it quickly give me an error screen, like the DS won't eve connect to my computer. IPs are correct, and both the fake GTS program and the Send PKM program are open. What do i have to do?

Do you see some logs on the console of the programs ?

DNS server is getting requests, that's a beginning.

When you do a port 80 check on your IP, is SendPKM.exe showing an error saying that it got a wrong request ?

If nothing happens, then try the method I told you, open TCP only for port 80 instead of "Both".

That worked for me with port 53, it didn't work when I opened both TCP and UDP, but I solved it by opening UDP only, idk why.

When I try to use the checker with SendPKM.exe running I get a message saying "couldn't test port 80 because some other app has this port locked."

I also tried what you said and it didn't make a difference. And now, for some bizarre reason, port 53 TCP/UDP both show up as closed again, and I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything for it to suddenly do this.

siiiigh

I have come to the conclusion that it has to be my ISP that does not want me to run servers, so Port 80 TCP is blocked. I can still use it for outgoing requests though, like playing Xbox Live or Skype, just not able to have people connect to my network.

So, is there any other method I can use to get people to connect to my network for this, or will my ISP have alternative packages I might be able to get from them that allows me to have port 80 TPC opened, or will I have to do something like purchase a domain? Not exactly sure how all of this works.

Vlad wants to help but has computer problems, it's offtopic so I won't go deep except that using Netbeans (while saving a project) my 2nd partition got corrupt (semi, works but if I go to my project folder I get BSOD). Atm trying to repair it using chdsk and recovery console.

About the issue it you are having datoneguy, the next step is contacting nas.nintendowifi.net and perhaps it couldnt not get in touch with it and returned a error, or perhaps the 4.2.2.2 dns server I use to query did not respond properly so the app shutdown. I would dare saying it's a port issue but not sure, can't really check.

Btw like Veekun said, I wonder if we can get a 2nd thread for support, but for it to work we must like add a notificating when you make a post on this thread that "support is this way" -point people in the right direction. :D Would be nice to move 15 of the pages in the support thread and keep this for research related things. ;)

Vlad wants to help but has computer problems, it's offtopic so I won't go deep except that using Netbeans (while saving a project) my 2nd partition got corrupt (semi, works but if I go to my project folder I get BSOD). Atm trying to repair it using chdsk and recovery console.

About the issue it you are having datoneguy, the next step is contacting nas.nintendowifi.net and perhaps it couldnt not get in touch with it and returned a error, or perhaps the 4.2.2.2 dns server I use to query did not respond properly so the app shutdown. I would dare saying it's a port issue but not sure, can't really check.

Btw like Veekun said, I wonder if we can get a 2nd thread for support, but for it to work we must like add a notificating when you make a post on this thread that "support is this way" -point people in the right direction. :D Would be nice to move 15 of the pages in the support thread and keep this for research related things. ;)

If anyone decides to make a thread for it, for sure I'll be all up in it.

I'd make one, but I really think it should be something made by one of the people actually releasing stuff here because as you guys release new stuff it should go in the first post in that thread.

Hey for those of you who want Sendpkm reload on close i made a re starter and i thought i share it with every one. you just put the folder path to where the sendpkm.py file is and then hit the green poke ball to start sendpkm and auto restart if it closes and the red to stop auto stop. i also set

pathtopoke=raw_input()

to

pathtopoke = "full path to pkmfile :pkm/charmander.pkm"

so on restart it auto loads the pkm . Thought this would be useful for any one wanting to host events and wanted to keep the program running so no worry of it going down.It also minimizes to system tray

sendpkm1.pngsendpkm2.png

Send PKM restarter - OLD

New Version With Download counter and direct sendpkm.py editor

Edited by ezxen

More GTS_Nuker problems:

I run DNS_Server.exe, inputting my external IP address as normal. I fire up SendPKM, like normal. I connect to the GTS, but the connection drops, and gives me a 52100 error, not normal. All the while, on the DNS_Server.exe screen, I see the DS requesting conntest.nintendowifi.net 3 times before the connection drops. Does anybody have a solution to this?

More GTS_Nuker problems:

I run DNS_Server.exe, inputting my external IP address as normal. I fire up SendPKM, like normal. I connect to the GTS, but the connection drops, and gives me a 52100 error, not normal. All the while, on the DNS_Server.exe screen, I see the DS requesting conntest.nintendowifi.net 3 times before the connection drops. Does anybody have a solution to this?

Disable your firewall or open port 80