GTS: website research

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick question here for Vlad, as I've been getting issues recently.

For some reason with the newer DNS server (the one that just toggles 1/2 for internal/external IP)

Whenever I'm connecting from MY DS I need to set it to 1 for internal IP, and whhenever I want others to connect I need to set it to 2 for external IP, if I don't do this, it just doesn't work, anything up with this?

So last week GTS_Nuker was working just fine, but now, I can only start the DNS server:

Whenever I open SendPKM.exe by dragging and dropping the *.pkm file onto the exe file, it opens, and then crashes.

However, when I just double-click on the exe file, and I'm prompted to enter the path to a PKM file, it works fine, until the "encoding" part.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

When I cd to the directory and run the exe from command prompt, it get this error:

cmdsendpkm.png

So last week GTS_Nuker was working just fine, but now, I can only start the DNS server:

Whenever I open SendPKM.exe by dragging and dropping the *.pkm file onto the exe file, it opens, and then crashes.

However, when I just double-click on the exe file, and I'm prompted to enter the path to a PKM file, it works fine, until the "encoding" part.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

When I cd to the directory and run the exe from command prompt, it get this error:

cmdsendpkm.png

I figured out this problem: If you have IIS running, then the program will fail to run correctly.

I had installed IIS unaware of that, thus causing the problem.

Just registered here to say thanks for the awesome program!

I used the GTS_Nuker to host some event pokemon for some forums and people kept reposting it so it spread like crazy!

It all worked great except the DNS server stopped working after i was getting 100+ connections a minute.

I must have given out at least 50,000 pokemon(no joke).

So thanks again guys =)

I figured out this problem: If you have IIS running, then the program will fail to run correctly.

I had installed IIS unaware of that, thus causing the problem.

If ANYTHING is running on port 80 (Typically an HTTP server) like IIS or Apache GTS_Nuker will not work.

"DNS server started on 0.0.0.0:53" only means that the socket was successfully bound on the port 53 of your computer, this is NOT the equivalent of sendpkm.py's "Please set your DS's DNS server to 192.168.1.7" (for example).

This was more for debugging purpose actually.

So, step by step, you must :

- Know your external IP address, go here to have it for example

- Launch DNS_Server.exe, and input that IP when asked

- You are done with the DNS part, now start SendPKM.exe with a 236-byte .pkm or .bin file (you can drag and drop it on the .exe, that's much easier). It should say that it is ready and waiting for a connexion.

That's all.

If both UDP port 53 and TCP port 80 are forwarded and reachable from the Internet, then any person who sets your external IP as his DS's primary DNS server and connects to the GTS should receive the .pkm you chose.

But remember that it may not work when connecting with a DS in the same network, in that case you have to replace your external IP by your computer's private IP in both DNS_Server.exe and your DS's DNS settings.

tysm for that, sux tho cuz i cant forward my ports since i have no access to the router, i live in a hotel and run off their internet =S

"DNS server started on 0.0.0.0:53" only means that the socket was successfully bound on the port 53 of your computer, this is NOT the equivalent of sendpkm.py's "Please set your DS's DNS server to 192.168.1.7" (for example).

This was more for debugging purpose actually.

So, step by step, you must :

- Know your external IP address, go here to have it for example

- Launch DNS_Server.exe, and input that IP when asked

- You are done with the DNS part, now start SendPKM.exe with a 236-byte .pkm or .bin file (you can drag and drop it on the .exe, that's much easier). It should say that it is ready and waiting for a connexion.

Still not working for me....

I forwarded both ports, i tested them and they seem to be open. I sued 2 different types of port checkers =(

Any suggestions, i been trying for over a week to get this working T.T

When the person tries to connect on the GTS they get a "you have been disconencted from the GTS,you will be taken to the counter"

test3yo.jpg

test4n.jpg

For some reason with the newer DNS server (the one that just toggles 1/2 for internal/external IP)

Whenever I'm connecting from MY DS I need to set it to 1 for internal IP, and whhenever I want others to connect I need to set it to 2 for external IP, if I don't do this, it just doesn't work, anything up with this?

That's only where to redirect the original requests to. If you are going to host the webserver locally behind the router, then local IP is enough (the DNS server IP is then the local IP -192.168.0.X or something and all at your home can access it). The public IP will work but you need to properly fix port 80 forwarding to the PC running the webserver (package is in two parts, DNS server and "web" server, also no other webservers must run at home or there will be problems). If you use external IP then make sure you can access the server using http://<yourexternalip>/ -if you get 404 then ports are not configured (you can try using another device as well) but if it works then it should work. DNS runs on 53 UDP I believe, it must be open too for the DNS to work (but I assume it already does for you).

Also if you like "dual boot" you can set the primary DNS on the NintendoDS to your IP (either public or local) then the second to your routers IP (because it also has a DNS) so even if you shutdown your server you can still access the official GTS since it will use the second DNS when the first is unavailable (just a tip).

Okay, make that Windows 7, then. I've had to use the built-in XP virtual machine to use the USB connector. LordLandon's script still works there.

If you wouldn't mind explaining, what were the steps you did to do that? Would both the DNS changing and the Python script be ran inside XP Mode's virtual machine, or would the DNS need to be changed before XP Mode got booted up?

Just registered here to say thanks for the awesome program!

I used the GTS_Nuker to host some event pokemon for some forums and people kept reposting it so it spread like crazy!

It all worked great except the DNS server stopped working after i was getting 100+ connections a minute.

I must have given out at least 50,000 pokemon(no joke).

So thanks again guys =)

Wow, very impressive ! :o

I'm sorry for the DNS server, it is not really made to handle a big number of requests in a short time...

The best thing to do would be to make it working with threads, but because of UDP protocol structure, it's not as easy as TCP. :\

Still not working for me....

I forwarded both ports, i tested them and they seem to be open. I sued 2 different types of port checkers =(

Any suggestions, i been trying for over a week to get this working T.T

When the person tries to connect on the GTS they get a "you have been disconencted from the GTS,you will be taken to the counter"

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8250/test3yo.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7430/test4n.jpg

The DNS port seems to be forwarded correctly, the problem comes from HTTP 80 port.

When you use a port checker while SendPKM.exe is running, it should receive a wrong request and show an error, like that :

12710691145706GTS.png

If no error is shown, then that's not your computer that receives the HTTP requests, dunno what it could be (maybe your router).

Wow, very impressive ! :o

I'm sorry for the DNS server, it is not really made to handle a big number of requests in a short time...

The best thing to do would be to make it working with threads, but because of UDP protocol structure, it's not as easy as TCP. :\

The DNS port seems to be forwarded correctly, the problem comes from HTTP 80 port.

When you use a port checker while SendPKM.exe is running, it should receive a wrong request and show an error, like that :

12710691145706GTS.png

If no error is shown, then that's not your computer that receives the HTTP requests, dunno what it could be (maybe your router).

So no idea of what I could do then =/ ?

I seem to be having a problem with my dnsserver.py. It gives me an error (which I had to screenshot very quickly, as it disappeared upon opening), and shows that this is incorrect:

packet+="\x03gts\x0Challoforigin\x03com\x00"str.join("",map(lambda x: chr(int(x)), "gts.halloforigin.com".split(".")))

Any help on this one?

zowayixx: I've tried to fix it by making the packet differ between IP and domain names and so far the dnsserver.py is like this: http://pastey.net/135213

Problem is that the packet when it's a domain is not yet working properly, I did look at a example here http://forum.codecall.net/tutorials/7298-dns-hacking.html#post38807 and tried to find out how the CNAME packets look like and implemented it -but it didn't work, I didn't manage to figure out what so I post the source here so other Python masters can take a shot at it -if they feel like doing so. :P

Once it's fixed it should handle both IP redirections and domain names, just like what you are trying to do. :)

I seem to be having a problem with my dnsserver.py. It gives me an error (which I had to screenshot very quickly, as it disappeared upon opening), and shows that this is incorrect:

packet+="\x03gts\x0Challoforigin\x03com\x00"str.join("",map(lambda x: chr(int(x)), "gts.halloforigin.com".split(".")))

Any help on this one?

str.join was supposed to be commented out.

Comment it out by appending a #

zowayixx: I've tried to fix it by making the packet differ between IP and domain names and so far the dnsserver.py is like this: http://pastey.net/135213

Problem is that the packet when it's a domain is not yet working properly, I did look at a example here http://forum.codecall.net/tutorials/7298-dns-hacking.html#post38807 and tried to find out how the CNAME packets look like and implemented it -but it didn't work, I didn't manage to figure out what so I post the source here so other Python masters can take a shot at it -if they feel like doing so. :P

Once it's fixed it should handle both IP redirections and domain names, just like what you are trying to do. :)

Once it's kind of fixed, or at least working. Is there any plans to make a plain PHP version of this so website/domain-based services can use this without Python?

Alright, so I replaced "2" with "gts.halloforigin.com", but I'm getting the same error, and when I leave it as "2", it gives me a target machine refused connection error. Does my webhost just suck, or am I still doing something wrong? =/

Okay, here's the thing.

Replacing 2 with gts.halloforigin.com (Your domain) isn't working at the moment because it can only be redirected by a CNAME, your domain doesn't have it's own IP (The only thing that the dnsserver.py takes at the moment).

You can either:

A)Talk to your host to get a second IP, my host offers this for 4 dollars a month, maybe yours offers it too

B)Wait until CNAME's are working.

As for the "2", that would mean that it simply redirects it to your WAN IP (The IP you give out to others to connect to you), if this is not forwarded from your router, your router is refusing it, otherwise if it is, your computer's firewall is refusing it. Check to make sure it's properly forwarded and that your sendpkm script is up.

zowayixx: hehe, you skipped right to the ending, I also said "Problem is that the packet when it's a domain is not yet working properly (...)" :D I am not good with DNS packets so I need slight help making the CNAME version work, so far what I implemented didn't fix the issue with redirecting to domains.

About the "1" and "2" it's just implemented functions that will replace "1" with the local IP and "2" with the public IP (by connecting to a public website and reading what your actual IP is). Alternatively you can enter a IP "X.X.X.X" and that works, but domains do not yet work -I'll let you know and update the original post (link on the first post in this thread) as soon it's working properly. ;)

Also forwarding is really unique for every router and user, knowing you need to properly forward TCP ports 80 and 53 to your machine should be enough and would fix any connectivity issues -only if you do it right. Only way to make sure is to use the manual or get one from your router manufacturer site. There are also sites to help forward like http://portforward.com

I know I repeat both myself and what others have said about port forwarding but don't feel like there is enough emphasis on it. :P

(If the host can give you a second IP -that leads directly to your site, that would be one way to work around this issue. This does not mean domains won't be supported, just not right now.)

*Edit*

Btw made this (for fun) http://ziuo.net/portforward :P

Edited by Vlad
Appending