Official Pokédex Discussion (Read the first post please)

SCV

Well, what you have with the little icons of the forms was what I was after. I just had no idea that they even had a function initially, because they were so small. They just seem insignificant, due to it's size. For something that carries such an important browsing feature, overlooking them is probably quite likely. In my case, I simply overlooked it. Since it's the only viable in-page linking, it still makes for excessive scrolling if you DO happen to miss it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx for fullfilling my request on the 'additional' alphabetical navigation function , SCV ^^

" Reason: you spelled my name wrong o.0 "

oops .. sorry xD

Edited by xeomyr
you spelled my name wrong o.0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed that on the Combee page for the pokedex in the held items slot it says honey, then it says honey again with a repeat of the previous slot. Does it need to say honey twice? I think its quite unnecessary for it to say honey twice. I was looking to see what stat is specialized in and I saw the error. Or at least I think its an error because I dont see the need to say honey twice. That's all.

Edit:

This is the same with munchlax. I was trying to figure out how it evolved (figures happiness) and then out of the corner of my eye I saw leftovers twice like with the honey on the combee page. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or maybe it happens with honey tree pokemon (although it didn't happen with cherubi) so I just think it should be reported.

Edit 2:

I'm currently training a glaceon so when I went to look up some information I found that it listed the ability twice. It listed the snow cloak ability twice when it's only necessary to list it once. Now I'm intrigued that there will be other doubling errors in PP's pokedex and on my searches through it I'll be sure to report more if there are more.

Edit 3:

Shaymin! I wanted to see what it looked like shiny... and then I look to see if it holds any items..the lum berry...and I see that lum berry doubled up again. The exact same thing twice. I think its yet another malfunction in the pokedex so once again I reported it. If someone could fix these problems or at least tell why they are occurring it would be great.

Pokefan, the listing there is a faithful reproduction of how the game does it. Is this something that we should not do? Actually for pokemon, types I did not do it. The game stores the same type twice in the cases that we view as having one type. If you think we should just list each item once then we can do that.

If an ability is there twice that means the game has it listed twice. We can remove extra ones.

I think that listing it twice, although the game itself may do this, is just unnecessary and it looks odd. If I posted the same post twice in a row doesn't that look odd to you? Wouldn't it be unnecessary?

I think that listing it twice, although the game itself may do this, is just unnecessary and it looks odd. If I posted the same post twice in a row doesn't that look odd to you? Wouldn't it be unnecessary?

See...isn't that annoying. I think it would be better off without the duplication but then again...I'm not in charge so its your call.

Edit:

it happened again with vulpix and the held item and ninetales...same thing.

Edit 2:

Growlithe has the same issue its in the held items part.

See...isn't that annoying. I think it would be better off without the duplication but then again...I'm not in charge so its your call.

Edit:

it happened again with vulpix and the held item and ninetales...same thing.

Edit 2:

Growlithe has the same issue its in the held items part.

Ok, I'll change it. But endlessly listing the pokemon affected is not necessary because the fix will be done in such a way where I add 3 lines of code and the issue if fixed for all.

• 1 month later...