Official Pokédex Discussion (Read the first post please)

SCV

We have released the first version of the pokedex. For now it only includes data from platinum and we are missing a few things like egg moves and platinum tutor moves. Expect frequent updates.

http://projectpokemon.org/pokedex/

Discuss your opinions, suggestions etc here.

Please explain with as much detail as possible.

Edited by SCV

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks great sofar. if you need helpo with data i have tons of stuff from 3rd gen forward. i have tons of notes i have taken, and guides from various places, so if there is any info that you are missing lemme know and i will see if i can track it down. maybe the learned moves can be sorted by version of the game. like weedle learning bug bite at lvl 15 in plat only. otherwise looks great

looks great sofar. if you need helpo with data i have tons of stuff from 3rd gen forward. i have tons of notes i have taken, and guides from various places, so if there is any info that you are missing lemme know and i will see if i can track it down. maybe the learned moves can be sorted by version of the game. like weedle learning bug bite at lvl 15 in plat only. otherwise looks great

About weedle: Everything is for platinum right now. I will add a note that says so.

About the third gen and other missing info:

Yes, we are missing some info, but we prefer to extract directly from the game. So unless you have code or structure notes/offsets for the gba games, we'll have to pass. Also we prefer any guides that we will put up to be made from scratch by the person writing them. We don't want to collect information from other sites, we want to generate our own, even though in many cases it will undoubtedly end up being almost the same.

greaatttt ...

rather than listing the pokemon by number , i prefer alphabetically xD

You cannot use ctrl+f ? Or do you mean in navigation at the top of a pokedex page, other than the main page?

yeah most of my info is in the form of handwritten notes on the actual gameplay and less the coding of the game itself. The guides are mostly nintendo released guides ect.

Try to find me on IRC and you can tell me some specific stuff. We would not need/want data, but 'other' things about gameplay are fine. If you'd like to write a walkthrough or the general information for some of those, that would be great since that is not something we can extract from the game.

The Pokedex requires more vespene gas. It should also have tables similar to the way Serebii's and Bulbapedia's look.

Can you be more specific on the tables.

I've never seen Bulbapedia's and I am not inclined to make it look like Serebii's. But if you have a specific reason why you think its better a certain way, then I will gladly take that into consideration.

Good job, the pokedex is awesome, but i have a question, It will include wild encounter location?

Yes, it will, but that is not done yet. I did not see a reason to hold all the data that is currently up because of a few missing pieces of information.

i like quake's idea for a wild location chart. If it can be split up for locations and encounter rates for different games (pearl, diamond, plat...ect). Locations would be great as an add to the dex and if the encounter rates can be displayed also that would be great.

This pokedex is awesome but there are a few things missing

1. It dosen't cover egg moves

2. It dosen't cover what the stats will be when max or minimixed

"For now it only includes data from platinum and we are missing a few things like egg moves and platinum tutor moves. Expect frequent updates."

We may chose to implemenet the max/min stats. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've never seen Bulbapedia's and I am not inclined to make it look like Serebii's. But if you have a specific reason why you think its better a certain way, then I will gladly take that into consideration.

Maybe the cause of confusion is the fact that the Pokedex's tables do not display on Internet Explorer 8 (we do have tables, though). I can't currently test it with earlier versions of Internet Explorer, but we will investigate this problem as soon as possible (but seriously, those with IE, switch to a better browser :kikkoman:).

Just some brackets to make it look more organized rather than everything just floating around. Kinda like an Excel sheet.