1. 1. Favorite Spin-off?

• Pokemon Ranger 1
    • Pokemon Ranger 2: Shadows of Almia
    • Pokemon Ranger 3: Guardian Signs
    • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red/ Blue
    • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Darkness/ Time
    • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Sky

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why Mystery Dungeon is so popular. When the first one can out I bought the DS version but it seemed like every mission was 'go to a dungeon and get this pokémon/item'. The Dungeon parts weren't any fun, there wasn't much of a reward for completing the missions, and the plot was non-existent. I keep thinking there must be more to these games than I saw or they wouldn't keep making them. I sold mine three weeks later so it's not like I can pick it up to double-check.

I love Ranger: Shadows of Almia, though. Super charming. And I love walking around with my huuuuge pokémon entourage. I bought the first game but I haven't played it yet, can't wait for Tracks of Light to come to the US.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I don't understand why Mystery Dungeon is so popular. When the first one can out I bought the DS version but it seemed like every mission was 'go to a dungeon and get this pokémon/item'. The Dungeon parts weren't any fun, there wasn't much of a reward for completing the missions, and the plot was non-existent. I keep thinking there must be more to these games than I saw or they wouldn't keep making them. I sold mine three weeks later so it's not like I can pick it up to double-check.

I love Ranger: Shadows of Almia, though. Super charming. And I love walking around with my huuuuge pokémon entourage. I bought the first game but I haven't played it yet, can't wait for Tracks of Light to come to the US.

From what I understand of the first Mystery Dungeon, there in fact wasn't a vast variety of Plot. I think the game could be held similar to Portals, in that the game was meant to be relatively short, and cheap, just to see if fans would like it. It was very well received, and so they pulled out all the stops on making a sequel. PMD S/T/D (I'm just now realizing that the first letter of each 2nd gen Mystery Dungeon spells out STD >.>) This one has a very intricate and complex plot revolving around Time Travel and the destruction of the planet. Many missions are no longer save this, fetch that, but are "Hey let's go here" or "The bad guy is over that way." (I'm probably not selling you, but it really is much better than the first.)

As for me personally, I love the first Pokemon Ranger Game, enough even to 100% it (Snorlax was easy) Never played PR:SoA, but I want to, and I've never played PMD:BRT, but I loved Sky.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never played any of the Pokemon: Ranger games, but I really like Mystery Dungeon games. I mean, for once, we actually got something resembling a story, and it wasn;t too shabby either, as opposed to the same ol', get badges, beat elite four routine. It was quite refreshing, and the endings for the primary story in both Mystery Dungeon sets were quite well made, and emotional. The perpective was also fresh, and I liked the art styles a lot too. :]

Actually, the plot thing more applies for PMD: T/D/S, than PMD: R/B