Heart Gold/Soul Silver Help and Small Questions thread

randomspot555

What event does the event celebi trigger in HG/SS?

A Fateful Encounter (IE a celebi with Pokemon Event marked to trigger the event, just like Shaymin and the Glaciblablah flower, Regigias and the Golem Trio, and Arceus and the Shinto Ruins) Celebi will cause you to travel back in time if it's the first in your party, following you, at the Illex Forest shrine. While in the past, you encounter Giovanni who hears Team Rocket's broadcasts from the radio tower in Golden Rod. He is going to join them and re-unite them. So you battle.

Because of you traveling back in time, you have to have gotten the 7th gym badge of Johto and have accomplished the Radio Tower quest before this event can be triggered.

Some are claiming that normal event Celebis from Gen III (Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disk and JAA 10 ANIV) can trigger the event as well. I tested it with two different 10 ANIV Celebis and got no results.

Strangely enough, his team that he uses is quite a bit different from the ones you fight throughout FR/LG (minor spoilers below):

Kangaskhan is back, leveled up, and has a new movepool. Nidoqueen has gained a few levels. Honchkrow is a brand new addition. And his Nidoking (whcih he used in his FR/LG Gym Battle) has actually decreased in levels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the lowest levels you can catch a Shinx and Bidoof? And where?

Well you can find Shinx on the following Routes 1 / 2 / 3 (lowest lvls), but you must be listening "Sinnoh Sound" and Bidoof on route 6, the same method

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i just have a quick question. Well i looked at my pokemon in my bill PC, and Dex no. are not the same (i know all pkm have different numbers). What I mean is that they are not the same because some numbers are red, some numbers are black and some just have ??? as number.... and I was wondering why don't they all have black number?!

sorry for my english, i did my best...

Whenever I try to trade a pokemon with a hacked ability from HG/SS, like my speed-boost Ampharos (I make up interesting hacks for my second playthrough :)) The union room gives me a communication error as soon as I select that pokemon to trade. I want to trade out my pokemon to my platinum to be able to start the game again without losing my current pokemon. Is this a new feature of HG/SS? If it is, is there an AR code I can use to circumvent it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi all,

I was just traded a Pokemon from a copy of Platinum to my Soul Silver. The location info shows up as I would have expected it to in Platinum, as in it mentions the egg was 'apparently hatched' on route 209 and received from the Day Care couple.

On the other hand, a Pokemon traded to Platinum from SS will show as from 'Faraway Place'- should it not say the same in Soul Silver, or does it retain the Route 209 info because it's a more recent game?

Cheers

Hi all,

I was just traded a Pokemon from a copy of Platinum to my Soul Silver. The location info shows up as I would have expected it to in Platinum, as in it mentions the egg was 'apparently hatched' on route 209 and received from the Day Care couple.

On the other hand, a Pokemon traded to Platinum from SS will show as from 'Faraway Place'- should it not say the same in Soul Silver, or does it retain the Route 209 info because it's a more recent game?

Cheers

Plat info is programmed into HG/SS.

Johto info isn't specifically programmed into the Sinnoh games. There is a "Johto" location that can be used for Pal-Park, but that's about it.

Hi all, I was just wondering if their were any Glitches found in HG/SS like in G/S/C?

Also when I was on GTS (Global Trade Station) in SS, I was able to trade Hacked Non-Legendary Pokemon, but not Hacked Legendary Pokemon. Why is that?

The Acid Rain gltch is still present. A Ditto glitch involving the move Mimic, and a Transform Glitch involving the move Rage, have been discovered.

As to your second query, probably because the specific Pokemon failed to meet the GTS' very lax legality check.

hey, i just have a quick question. Well i looked at my pokemon in my bill PC, and Dex no. are not the same (i know all pkm have different numbers). What I mean is that they are not the same because some numbers are red, some numbers are black and some just have ??? as number.... and I was wondering why don't they all have black number?!

sorry for my english, i did my best...

hmmm nobody knows?

Hey everyone just a small question not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but on the gamestop jirachi is it possible to send the wondercard from pokemon platinum to soul silver?

Hey everyone just a small question not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but on the gamestop jirachi is it possible to send the wondercard from pokemon platinum to soul silver?

No. The only Wonder Card that can legally be shared is the Japanese Secret Key, which is exclusive to Platinum.

Can someone tell me an easy way to get a ditto in SS?

is there an action replay code?

You can catch them easily just outside of the day-care. The game is basically telling you what they're for.

Anyone got any idea on the best way to catch a pokemon in the safari ... I've been trying for two days now to catch a houndoom xD

I've tried throwing mud at it ... I got 3x mud at it ... it got super close to being caught then fled. I tried bait then mud - no avail .. 2 x bait nothing... Any help lol?

Gah, never mind ... Just caught it. 1 mud throw xD.

It's as if God just wants me to look silly lol.

Anyone got any idea on the best way to catch a pokemon in the safari ... I've been trying for two days now to catch a houndoom xD

I've tried throwing mud at it ... I got 3x mud at it ... it got super close to being caught then fled. I tried bait then mud - no avail .. 2 x bait nothing... Any help lol?

Gah, never mind ... Just caught it. 1 mud throw xD.

It's as if God just wants me to look silly lol.

I've read that mud/rock/whatever really doesn't help all that much. Your best bet is to throw a ball and hope for the best.

I've read that mud/rock/whatever really doesn't help all that much. Your best bet is to throw a ball and hope for the best.

Well I don't know... Before the whole object pokemon, I had a great system of mud then catch ... but now It's gotten a whole load harder.

I find the Safari Zone seriously frustrating. Having tried the Mud first and just throwing a ball there seems no real advantage with either method. I believe the Mud makes the Pokemon more likely to flee anyway. I now just throw a ball and hope. On a good run I can catch maybe four or five Pokemon with my allocation of balls.

Where do you find Houndoom. I was trying to get one in Pearl (to transfer) but it was just too far away with the limited steps as I wasn't sure where to go..

I find the Safari Zone seriously frustrating. Having tried the Mud first and just throwing a ball there seems no real advantage with either method. I believe the Mud makes the Pokemon more likely to flee anyway. I now just throw a ball and hope. On a good run I can catch maybe four or five Pokemon with my allocation of balls.

Where do you find Houndoom. I was trying to get one in Pearl (to transfer) but it was just too far away with the limited steps as I wasn't sure where to go..

You can find Houndour at the Safari Zone and then evolve him into a Houndoom at Lv. 24.

If I remember rightly you find houndoom in the plains area with 15 peak items. I've just bread it to get the Houndour.

If I remember rightly you find houndoom in the plains area with 15 peak items. I've just bread it to get the Houndour.

It means that you have to place 10 peak items (small rock, big rock, mossy rock) in that Safari Zone area in oder for Houndoom to appear. Once you have the ability to place items in the Safari Zone, then go into the Plains area, place 10 rocks, and walk in the grass. Houdoom should show up, though still rarely. The easiest way is to go to Route 7 at night and catch a Houndour. Be quick though because they like to use roar to escape from battle.

Thanks for that. Strangely the Lv 40 plus "specials" that are enticed by the objects (so far) are pretty mcuh a guaranteed capture. I got two Houndooms, each with the first ball (one for SS). Same with some Ponytas.

I now have a bookmark set on the Safari Zone Guide at Gamefaqs for my future Pokemon collecting. Also useful as to what Pokemon I need to find in my GBA cartidges to fill in the gaps.

I presume some people may prefer a Lv 42 Ponyta as opposed to a pre-evolution level one. Is there any advantage in holding back on Pokemon Evolution in terms of stats?

Thanks for that. Strangely the Lv 40 plus "specials" that are enticed by the objects (so far) are pretty mcuh a guaranteed capture. I got two Houndooms, each with the first ball (one for SS). Same with some Ponytas.

You got two? God I hate you :P

I now have a bookmark set on the Safari Zone Guide at Gamefaqs for my future Pokemon collecting. Also useful as to what Pokemon I need to find in my GBA cartidges to fill in the gaps.

I've been using serebii for that. :D

I presume some people may prefer a Lv 42 Ponyta as opposed to a pre-evolution level one. Is there any advantage in holding back on Pokemon Evolution in terms of stats?

In terms of stats nothing changes really. Every pokemon has a base stat, as you know, and a pokemon will always get its base stats regardless of when it was evolved - EV's IV's and all of that are carried over through the evolution so the same benefits are carried over too. But, of course, Fully evolved pokemons stats > NFE stats

The benefits of getting the 1st stage pokemon are that A) it's easier to evolve than to breed - pokedex filled quicker. B) holding off on evolution means that pokemon can learn certain moves quicker C) easier to train to a desired level. So, I always get the first evo where possible :D.

Hope I answered your question in a round about way lol.