Heart Gold/Soul Silver Help and Small Questions thread

randomspot555

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this applies to the Everstone method too? Does it still work in HGSS?

Held items will not work in passing down nature or IVs if the two Pokemon meet the requirements for the Masuda method (IE one Pokemon from the native language/region of the cart, one foreign to it).

Ok well I'm sticking with the Masuda Method cause my babies always has 1 perfect IV anyway. How long or how many babies do I have to hatch until I get a shiny? I think I've gotten 50+ and still nothing. Also, I'm using the instant egg and fast hatch. Will that screw anything up?

Ok well I'm sticking with the Masuda Method cause my babies always has 1 perfect IV anyway. How long or how many babies do I have to hatch until I get a shiny? I think I've gotten 50+ and still nothing. Also, I'm using the instant egg and fast hatch. Will that screw anything up?

As far as shinies are concerned there's no concrete number of tries just the probability. So even if the chance of a shiny was one in two, you could well find up to (and in excess of) 10 normal coloured pokemon before you find a single shiny.

As for the code being used, no it shouldn't effect it. So long as the code in itself only effects the steps taken to hatch. If the code messes with the PID/SID/IVs etc of the egg then it will effect if the pokemon is shiny or not. However, as far as I know, the quick hatch code does only change the steps needed to hatch the egg.

Could someone please tell me how to get the phone numbers for the Johto Gym-Leaders?

Any of the starred walkthroughs at gamefaqs will tell you how to do this. Each one is different. I'm still tracking down Erika and Blue.

Could someone please tell me how to get the phone numbers for the Johto Gym-Leaders?

Check here, that page should help.

----

The power items DO still work, just there's a 50% chance that it'll be passed down. Odds are its not following the odds of 50/50 and is doing more or less then what you wish. The only hold item in breeding that doesn't work with the masuda method is the everstone. Also, there isn't a concrete number which you can breed to and get a shiny, there is a mere probability of 1/2048 which is a drastic improvement from the normal 1/8192.

Hey guys, I need help with putting my pokesav'ed pokemon that i have on the action replay and sliding it into the soulsilver category from my custom codelist. Now, I have done pokesav in diamond and pearl. Is there any key differences? Is there something i am missing? Help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I can't seem to get an answer...

I have a quick question...I was wondering why the Events tab in pokesav HG SS isn't avalable...I downloaded the pgt files for events I missed for HG, but I can't use them because the tab is unhighlighted..Is there any way to unlock it? I would try the Platinum pokesav method, but I also want to have the wondercard for the event. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find a definite answer as to why the events section isn't there...

I have a problem here, it has ben LONG since I passed the Dragon Master's quiz but he doesn't give me a Dratini, I don't remember the answers I gave but I am pretty sure all of them were the correct ones (for the one with Extremespeed), but this old man keeps talking about Lugia (I play HG), I even showed him Lugia but he might be just blind, anyway, am I not supposed to get a Dratini at all if I got a wrong answer?

I never use those codes, sequence breaking is just bad for my health, anyway a GuideDangIt moment for me, wait... not even a guide tells it, I had to re-visit Claire in her Gym to get a TM (and how am I supposed to know it since she gives the badge in Dragon's Den?) that's one of the most ridiculous excuses for an event flag in the games.

Sorry if this is too long for short questions, but I didn't think it deserved a thread of its own.

I really am unable to find the answer to this. If someone can check by using a backed up save, then that would be very nice. (I don't have a flashcart)

So, here's the question: For the Arceus event with the level 1 Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, can you still repeat the event for multiple legends if the first Arceus used to activate the event was a Hall of Origin Arceus (From Platinum, I think).

Everywhere I looked, it said that you can repeat the event by using TRU, and then HoO. However, nothing I found told me anything about doing it the other way. I accidentally saved inside the chamber right before the event and activated it for the first time with a HoO Arceus, and I am trying to RNG manipulate for a Naive 30/30/31/30/27/30 w/ Hidden Power Fire Giratina for the mixed set, but I forgot that HG/SS uses a different method than DPPt, and I haven't done HGSS before. I'd like to get some practice and make sure that I'm able to RNG for this great set, but I'd like to make sure that I can first. It is fairly urgent, so the faster someone can find out, the better. I do NOT want to hack or pokesav anything in, so please don't bother recommending it.

You can easily redo the event without using an AR code by using the TRU and thenthe HoO or movie. In fact, I've even heard of getting all 3 with 3 different encounter types. What I want to know is whether you can still redo the event if the first Arceus used was a HOo. RASN, either read my posts and respond correctly, or don't bother replying to me.

Bob I'll try for you in a sec :D.

Just clarify you want hall of origin first, followed by tru?

EDIT: "Later, after the the player visited the Sinjoh Ruins with an event Arceus, they can take the Arceus from the Hall of Origin to one of the ruins in the Ruins of Alph and be transported back to the Sinjoh Ruins. In the revisit, Cynthia has returned to Sinnoh, and the player can go to the Mystri Stage to obtain one of the dragons they didn't obtain before. "

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shinto_Ruins

Still want me to try?