Heart Gold/Soul Silver Help and Small Questions thread

randomspot555

Yes, thanks. I usually try to evolve Pokemon as soon as they are able. Working on Eevees at the moment having got all the stones required for the last three. My newly hatched Eevee went to Vaporeon at Lv 1. So far Umbreon is my favourite (mine is currently Lv 37),

Back to the (dreaded?) Safari Zone. Whether visiting in the middle of the night had any bearing on the fact that I had my best run there ever I don't know, but this morning things were well and truly "business as usual" i.e abyssmal catch rates. Is there any possiblilty that time of day has an effect on catch rates (for those Pokemon that can appear at any time?

I abandoned my run through (saved just before entering, having sorted the areas I wanted). I will revisit tonight to see if it does make any difference at all... unless anyone knows any better of course.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time can't really make any difference ... because I just had the best haul so far. Lapras/Duskull/Electabuzz/Surskit/Lotad/skorupi/bidoof/flotzel/Aaron/hippopotas.

Just got the Puddle/fountain so went on a bit of a spree ... hardest to catch was Aaron and Electrabuzz -.- .

hi

i was wondering if it is possible to edit the event flag for the Latias event in Soul Silver involving the enigma stone. i used an ar to activate it and have been trying to do it again without luck. the HG/SS event flag screen is in all Japanese so i dont know which box to uncheck:confused::confused:

basically, i just want to know how to re-activate the latias enigma stone event in Soul Silver. Thanks! :kikkoman:

I downloaded pokesav for HG/SS but in the "Met at Place" category, there is no option for locations in HG/SS, only from Platinum. Am i missing something or is there going to be an update addressing the issue?

I can't get the guy in the Fan Club in Vermillion to hand over the Lost Item. Did I need to do it before beating Misty? If so is there a way around the problem?

Edit... Sorted... I talked to Copycat first (doh!)

• 2 weeks later...

I am making my first attempt at breeding (ever) and I have noticed that my experience does not meet my expectations, given the breeding guides that I have read online. I am playing Heart Gold.

Specifically, I am referring to the Power {Item} method of passing down IVs. I am trying to breed a Horsea with 31 IVs in HP, Defense, and Sp. Defense. I have a Horsea with 31 IVs in HP and Defense and I have a second Horsea with 31 IVs in Sp. Defense and Speed. I give the first a Power Belt and the second a Power Band and leave them in the Day Care.

So far, I have breed 10 Pokemon and 3 of them did not receive their Defense and Sp. Defense IVs. The guides that I have read indicate that the IVs are guaranteed to be passed down, but it does not happen every time.

Just to make sure that I am not crazy, I made a Ditto with all 31s and shipped it over with sendpkm.py, equipped it with a Power Band and breed it with the first Horsea. The first pokemon that came out indicated a "Mischievous" characteristic, which would indicate to me that the first 31 IV in the hierarchy is Sp. Attack and the Power Belt was ignored (i.e., given the characteristic, I would expect that if HP, Att., or Def were 31, their characteristic would preempt the Sp Att characteristic).

So, are the guides wrong that the IVs are guaranteed to be passed down?

Bassman,do you use action replay?If you do a code you used might have caused the man at the fan club not to give you the lost item because you dont have to beat Misty to get it.Well...unless you need a hm to get it.I have seen people on this website have similar problems.

I am making my first attempt at breeding (ever) and I have noticed that my experience does not meet my expectations, given the breeding guides that I have read online. I am playing Heart Gold.

Specifically, I am referring to the Power {Item} method of passing down IVs. I am trying to breed a Horsea with 31 IVs in HP, Defense, and Sp. Defense. I have a Horsea with 31 IVs in HP and Defense and I have a second Horsea with 31 IVs in Sp. Defense and Speed. I give the first a Power Belt and the second a Power Band and leave them in the Day Care.

So far, I have breed 10 Pokemon and 3 of them did not receive their Defense and Sp. Defense IVs. The guides that I have read indicate that the IVs are guaranteed to be passed down, but it does not happen every time.

Just to make sure that I am not crazy, I made a Ditto with all 31s and shipped it over with sendpkm.py, equipped it with a Power Band and breed it with the first Horsea. The first pokemon that came out indicated a "Mischievous" characteristic, which would indicate to me that the first 31 IV in the hierarchy is Sp. Attack and the Power Belt was ignored (i.e., given the characteristic, I would expect that if HP, Att., or Def were 31, their characteristic would preempt the Sp Att characteristic).

So, are the guides wrong that the IVs are guaranteed to be passed down?

To be honest, I can't see why this is happening, however, I'm also not the biggest expert on IV's and co. I know the basic knowledge, and that's about it. My common sense input, would be to ask if you are using action replay, with a code for faster hatching? I've found that some codes that you enter, may have side effects on how they affect the game. (ie: When I played Diamond, all I had was the Pokemon Modifier code that I got from a quiet website. When I encountered a Metapod, it used flamethrower, for absolutely no reason. My two cents, are that, try it without AR, if you are using one. Good Luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

yes you have to use a specific Arcues. the one you us is from the Pokemon Movie 12 event for the Arceus but that event is now over. because the event is over you might have to resort to cheat but i don't recommend it. you might mess up your game and/or make it less fun.

Okay not sure if it has been answered in the previous thread or maybe this one but,

I can't find Misty. I went straight to the Power Plant and gave it to the guy and the power went back up again and then I went back and couldn't find Misty? Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Do I need to restart the game?

Is it just me or do the Power items only work sometimes? I'm breeding a Scyther using Scizor holding Power Bracer and a Jap Ditto holding a Powe Anklet and when I receive my eggs, it's 2/5 times that the IV didn't get passed down. Is this bug?

Is it just me or do the Power items only work sometimes? I'm breeding a Scyther using Scizor holding Power Bracer and a Jap Ditto holding a Powe Anklet and when I receive my eggs, it's 2/5 times that the IV didn't get passed down. Is this bug?

Held items won't work with foreign Pokemon + native Pokemon due to the Masuda Method.

Held Items will only work with Pokémon that are from your Region. If you are using the US Version of HG/SS, then the Pokémon you want to breed with Held Items will have to be from the US Version of HG/SS. The same goes for any Pokémon from the EU and JPN Version of HG/SS, they must be from the same Region.

Edited by Riolu Aura Sphere Now