Heart Gold/Soul Silver Help and Small Questions thread

randomspot555

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm halfway through playing SS (just beaten Morty at Ecruteak Gym).

Want to know what you think of my team? Not going to post moves because I haven't worked that out yet (still fine-tuning and stuff)... but... general opinions, please? x

Piloswine level 33*

Feraligatr level 31**

Ampharos level 32

Quilava level 31

Scizor level 32

Pupitar level 31*

*Denotes trade from Platinum

**Denotes trade from HG

Is this team good enough to complete the rest of the game, and defeat the Elite four? Cheers x

:biggrin:

Ok, I'm halfway through playing SS (just beaten Morty at Ecruteak Gym).

Want to know what you think of my team? Not going to post moves because I haven't worked that out yet (still fine-tuning and stuff)... but... general opinions, please? x

Piloswine level 33*

Feraligatr level 31**

Ampharos level 32

Quilava level 31

Scizor level 32

Pupitar level 31*

*Denotes trade from Platinum

**Denotes trade from HG

Is this team good enough to complete the rest of the game, and defeat the Elite four? Cheers x

:biggrin:

You are way overleveled o_o

My team were around level 38ish when I was at Victory Road...

You should be set. The level curve in this game is much too low.

Oh any idea where to get the Good Rod? Seemed to have the opposite case as of Okami. By the way, are they any trading threads for Heartgold or Soulsilver?

There is a house behind the Pokemon Center in Olivine City... the guy there gives you the Good Rod.

Edited by wraith89

Ok so ive tried to use the Secret ID code in pokesav but all it does is turn all my pokemon into hacked pokemon even tho they arnt by making it look like they ''aparently met''. and it turns my money to 0

94000130 FCFF0000

B2111880 00000000

10000086 00000000

00000088 00000000

D2000000 00000000

this is the code i use and uh i have pokemon soulsilver North america version.

Alright...so I am going to be training my Poochyena in Attack EVs soon. I have guides and everything, but I just wanted to know....once I accumulate the 252 EVs in Attack, can I move on to fighting pokemon that aren't like...Seaking/Gyarados? Or do I have to continue fighting these until I reach level 100? I'll be using the Protein vitamin to bring up the 100EVs in Attack so I've only got 152 to go, and getting Pokerus on it before moving it to Soul. Also, are the guides correct in telling me that the two aforementioned pokemon both give 2 attack EVs? I just want everything to be correct with training up this Poochyena. :]

EDIT: The bolded section is the only one I still need answered, I figured the rest out myself.

Edited by Okami

My question is about obtaining either Torchic, Mudkip, or Treeko. I've done what all the guides say but Steven never shows up at Silph co. I beat my rival at Mt. Moon, I double battled him against Lance and Clair, and i fought him in the pokemon league building on a Wednesday. Why won't Steven show up? (I gave the copycat girl back her Clefairy doll and Steven told me that Latios is now around, but he isn't at Silph)

Another question: When EV training a pokemon, is there anything to prevent you from making one stat 255, 2 others 100 each, one 30, and one 25?

Ok so ive tried to use the Secret ID code in pokesav but all it does is turn all my pokemon into hacked pokemon even tho they arnt by making it look like they ''aparently met''. and it turns my money to 0

94000130 FCFF0000

B2111880 00000000

10000086 00000000

00000088 00000000

D2000000 00000000

this is the code i use and uh i have pokemon soulsilver North america version.

I used this code and it works perfectly. No glitches.

94000130 FFF30000

62111880 00000000

B2111880 00000000

DA000000 00000086

D6000000 00000088

D2000000 00000000

Press Select and Start at the same time to start it

Edited by Amy Jane

Alright...so I am going to be training my Poochyena in Attack EVs soon. I have guides and everything, but I just wanted to know....once I accumulate the 252 EVs in Attack, can I move on to fighting pokemon that aren't like...Seaking/Gyarados? Or do I have to continue fighting these until I reach level 100? I'll be using the Protein vitamin to bring up the 100EVs in Attack so I've only got 152 to go, and getting Pokerus on it before moving it to Soul. Also, are the guides correct in telling me that the two aforementioned pokemon both give 2 attack EVs? I just want everything to be correct with training up this Poochyena. :]

EDIT: The bolded section is the only one I still need answered, I figured the rest out myself.

You can move onto battling other pokemon. Once a pokemon has accumulated the EVs they won't be overwritten or anything like that. Only fight random pokemon if you don't care about the other EVs your pokemon has because they will gain other EVs from the non attack EV pokemon.

Is it possible to catch Ho-oh with a regular Pokeball?

I've been trying for the past 2 hours, using False Swipe and Thunder Wave.

Oh yeah, I hate it he just died from struggle. ._.

yeah its possible to catch it with a pokeball but its gonna take time to do it since your not using a stronger type of pokeball like i caught Rayquaza with a pokeball in my emerald after i frozed it once and threw one pokeball and i caught it so why not try freezing it first then false swipe it

yeah its possible to catch it with a pokeball but its gonna take time to do it since your not using a stronger type of pokeball like i caught Rayquaza with a pokeball in my emerald after i frozed it once and threw one pokeball and i caught it so why not try freezing it first then false swipe it

Freezing is really based on luck; sleep is better since it's a little more reliable and it provides the same bonus.

My question is about obtaining either Torchic, Mudkip, or Treeko. I've done what all the guides say but Steven never shows up at Silph co. I beat my rival at Mt. Moon, I double battled him against Lance and Clair, and i fought him in the pokemon league building on a Wednesday. Why won't Steven show up? (I gave the copycat girl back her Clefairy doll and Steven told me that Latios is now around, but he isn't at Silph)

Another question: When EV training a pokemon, is there anything to prevent you from making one stat 255, 2 others 100 each, one 30, and one 25?

You'd need to defeat the Elite 4's second rosters... after defeating all 16 gym leaders and talking to Professor Oak the Elite 4 will get tougher. After you beat their second rosters Steven will be there and Professor Oak can give you the Kanto starters as well.

Erm, about your EV training question... there is NO specific way to EV train. It's just that a maximum in one stat can be 255, maximum altogether is 510. So you can have 85 in all stats if you wanted (it isn't optimal but just an example).

You'd need to defeat the Elite 4's second rosters... after defeating all 16 gym leaders and talking to Professor Oak the Elite 4 will get tougher. After you beat their second rosters Steven will be there and Professor Oak can give you the Kanto starters as well.

Erm, about your EV training question... there is NO specific way to EV train. It's just that a maximum in one stat can be 255, maximum altogether is 510. So you can have 85 in all stats if you wanted (it isn't optimal but just an example).

Yeah, but I heard that if you train one stat all the way up to 255 you lose out on 3 EVs, so a lot of people get two stats to 252 and one to 6. But is my breakdown possible?

Yeah, but I heard that if you train one stat all the way up to 255 you lose out on 3 EVs, so a lot of people get two stats to 252 and one to 6. But is my breakdown possible?

Oh that's what you mean. Every 4 EVs become 1 stat point... and since 255 is not divisible by 4, they go to 252, which is the maximum possible for a number divisible by 4.

I don't know why you would want your spread though, but as long as the total adds up to 510, then it is possible. Remember though, 508 is divisible by 4, 510 isn't, so 2 EVs are always "wasted".

Just a clarification, to get Steven and Oak to give you the different starters I think you must defeat Red, on top of Mt. Silver.

Just a clarification, to get Steven and Oak to give you the different starters I think you must defeat Red, on top of Mt. Silver.

Yeah, you're right. It's after defeating Red. I think I rushed to fighting Red after the E4 so fast I didn't have time to think when.

• 2 weeks later...