Heart Gold/Soul Silver Help and Small Questions thread

randomspot555

For EV Training, it depends on what you want to use a specific Pokemon for. It doesn't matter if a Pokemon is a Legendary or not to be stronger than the other.

Your Typhlosion maybe stronger than your Entei due to it's Nature, IV's and EV's.

Only you can decide on which Pokemon should be replaced with Suicune, but I would replace Entei with Suicune.

Edit:

Lugia is mainly a Special Attacker, so you can EV Train its Sp. Atk and Sp. Def along side its Speed.

Typlosion is a Special Attacker as well, so EV Train its Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, Def and Speed.

Dragonite varies as it can do many things, so do whatever you want with it.

Raikou is a Special Attacker, so EV Train its Sp. Atk, Def and Speed.

Suicune is a Defender, so EV Train its HP, Sp. Def, and Speed.

Gyarados is a Physical Attacker, so EV Train its Atk, Sp. Def and Speed.

You should have a look at Smogon

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could do what riolu says, or you could indeed take a peek at smogon to see what they say. But honestly in game it really doesn't matter a whole lot, and with some of the movesets you're running the EVs won't help a lot anyway.

EVs do play a huge factor in the competitive scene for sure, but just do what you want in-game my friend :D.

If you're thinking about taking the team to WiFi, then you're really going to want to re-evalute the movesets you've chosen, as spamming three attacks of the same type is just too easily walled. You want to be thinking about A) hitting as many types of pokemon as possible B) directly hurting the pokemon's counters C) a move that can raise the effectiveness of the pokemon you're using.

The exact same applie to EVs. Can you A) out speed notable threats? B) Can you live an attack from a counter? C) is the chosen EV spread the most effective it could have for what YOU want it to do.

• 3 weeks later...
I dont believe that there is a way to delete phone numbers.

The Red Scale is actually obtained right after the battle with the Red Gyarados. You're thinking of getting an Exp. Share directly from the lottery, not the Red Scale. But your right about giving it to Mr. Pokémon.

My question: Is there a guide somewhere with a comprehensive list of items found by the Dowsing MCHN (Itemfinder)? Pokéarth isn't that specific with the exact locations.

My question: Is there a guide somewhere with a comprehensive list of items found by the Dowsing MCHN (Itemfinder)? Pokéarth isn't that specific with the exact locations.

Bulbapedia has a pretty exhaustive list of items on each route/city's page.

What is the purpose of the NPC on the top floor of Violet City's Pokemon Center? He/she is standing on the west side of the building near the stairs.

I have a new question about Action Replay...

Can someone please convert this code into US format?

Walk a Step to Receive a Shiny Egg From the Daycare Couple (japanese HG/SS)

02028E84 00892176

02028E88 28005840

94000130 FEFF0000

02028E84 47084900

02028E88 02000231

E2000230 00000030

00892176 68124A08

189A238C 88538816

40562207 1C8A4053

52835246 46C05840

47104A00 02028E8D

02110DC0 46C046C0

D0000000 00000000

P.S. : Does this apply only to the Poke'mon I have in the DayCare?

Example: I have two Pikachu's in the DayCare, they are both male & Female, The code is set from the start of the game, When I do what I have to do to get a Shiny Egg, does it give me a "Shiny Pichu" After the Shiny egg hatches?

I have a new question about Action Replay...

Can someone please convert this code into US format?

Walk a Step to Receive a Shiny Egg From the Daycare Couple (japanese HG/SS)

02028E84 00892176

02028E88 28005840

94000130 FEFF0000

02028E84 47084900

02028E88 02000231

E2000230 00000030

00892176 68124A08

189A238C 88538816

40562207 1C8A4053

52835246 46C05840

47104A00 02028E8D

02110DC0 46C046C0

D0000000 00000000

P.S. : Does this apply only to the Poke'mon I have in the DayCare?

Example: I have two Pikachu's in the DayCare, they are both male & Female, The code is set from the start of the game, When I do what I have to do to get a Shiny Egg, does it give me a "Shiny Pichu" After the Shiny egg hatches?

This would belong in the Ram Forums plus it's posted on my thread. You can find my thread by searching the Ram Forums.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question no one else has been able to answer, anywhere I go. Can anyone please explain to me why the Soulsilver rom and the actual cartridge itsels, lokcs or freezes up so much. Am I only allowed to have a certain amount turned on at once, or do I need to activate it just once and then turn off the code ? If I turn if off after I activite it, will the effect keep going until I leave the area I'm in or reload my game ? A friend of mine who plays on the rom version doesn't think the games are coded properly. If I need a master code for it like I do the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald etc. Versions, what would it be ?

For both of them I used the Action Replay codes:

Max Money

100% Catching Rate

Wild Nature Modifier

Random Pokemon Encounters

All Medicine

All Pokeballs

All Bag Items

I just got soul silver 2 days ago, and I really want the events i missed out on.

I have looked around the forums and if i look correctly, there is a way to still get the events themself, correct? Now if i am right with this so far, they can't be transferred through wifi like the sendpokemon. I would need a flashcart. I don't know anything about them, or what they are to be honest. Does anyone have a link to where i can learn about all this, or explain it a little bit. And how after i get the cart, that I can use it to access the events. Again, this is all assuming I can still get the events this way!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Rocket Grunt Kyle

Can sudowoood be found shiny? I have been soft resetting for almost a day now. I've decided to catch it twice to see if their IDs would be the same, and they are. Does that mean he is predetermined at the beginning of the game?

Are you catching it twice with an AR code? Maybe that's the problem.

either way, soft-resetting without doing any RNG abuse might take weeks, if not months. It's a painfully daunting task. I'd recommend breeding for a shiny Sudowoodo instead. If you don't want to bother with RNG abuse, at least make your chances go up a bit and use the Masuda Method.

Are you catching it twice with an AR code? Maybe that's the problem.

either way, soft-resetting without doing any RNG abuse might take weeks, if not months. It's a painfully daunting task. I'd recommend breeding for a shiny Sudowoodo instead. If you don't want to bother with RNG abuse, at least make your chances go up a bit and use the Masuda Method.

no, im not rng abusing. i dont fully understand it, and i want to get all my shinnies legit. i'm not using an ar code. i started noticing that females were popping up in a row and decided just to check its id, and they were the same. i'm am annoyed with soft resetting over and over, but if i know one will eventually pop up, i can go a little longer.

so if i were to say keep soft resetting, eventually he will be shiny right?

i definitely would like to breed with the masuda method, just need to track down a foreign eevee.

no, im not rng abusing. i dont fully understand it, and i want to get all my shinnies legit.

Ok, but RNG isn't cheating. No external device will ever interact with your game save.

i started noticing that females were popping up in a row and decided just to check its id, and they were the same.

The "id" is your trainer ID #. Of course they'll be the same.

i'm am annoyed with soft resetting over and over, but if i know one will eventually pop up, i can go a little longer.

so if i were to say keep soft resetting, eventually he will be shiny right?

Eventually, or you can just do the Masuda method via breeding which gives you a much better chance.

• 2 months later...

I have Some Few Questions, I am Playing Pokemon Heart Gold and I started Using Pokesav... And Then I want to Recieve Mystery Gift Without a Wi-Fi Connection and Edit It in the Pokesav I am Also Using DesMume as NDS Emulator When I Open Pokesav and Open a SAV file I select All Files Because DeSmumE has a .dsv not.sav *How Do I convert it to .sav?

And Last Question In the Pokesav I can't Click the Box in Event Option why?

Please Reply... Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find a good walkthrough guide an image of each area, Pokemon found in each area, and a general walkthrough of game events? I've found many on Google but none with all three, in particular it's hard to find one with images. Something similar to the official game guide would be great.

Does anyone know where I can find a good walkthrough guide an image of each area, Pokemon found in each area, and a general walkthrough of game events? I've found many on Google but none with all three, in particular it's hard to find one with images. Something similar to the official game guide would be great.

You should try the HGSS walkthrough of Psypokes; it's filled with images, information about wild Pokémon encounters and of course, the major events of the game. I hope it is what you are looking for. ;)

Hello. I have a question here. I've noticed that when a Pokemon the opposing trainer uses does NOT possess a move that can affect your Pokemon out in any way are either forced to retreat or if it is the last Pokemon, keep spamming a move that does nothing. However, the behaviour seems awfully strange for Red. When I had my Lapras out, I used Surf to take his Charizard down to red HP. Then Red RETREATED his Charizard and sent out his Venusaur to take the incoming Ice Beam that was supposed to finish off the Charizard. Heh heh... anyways, I'm rather confused here. Normally a trainer does not switch out their Pokemon unless given the conditions mentioned above, then why would Red switch out his Charizard who had things that could hurt Lapras to send out a Venusaur? Can anybody shed some light here? Are there other conditions that affect the AI's decision for switching out a Pokemon? Thank you.

I just got soul silver 2 days ago, and I really want the events i missed out on.

I have looked around the forums and if i look correctly, there is a way to still get the events themself, correct? Now if i am right with this so far, they can't be transferred through wifi like the sendpokemon. I would need a flashcart. I don't know anything about them, or what they are to be honest. Does anyone have a link to where i can learn about all this, or explain it a little bit. And how after i get the cart, that I can use it to access the events. Again, this is all assuming I can still get the events this way!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Rocket Grunt Kyle

you know...if you have an Action Replay DSI you can get arceus from this event and do the event as many times as you want! the codes to activate them are on this website.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone know how to get event pokemon after events because i missed all the events of HG/SS if someone wonna trade an event pokemon can PM me,or some help or advice to get them i don't use action replay or someting like that

Your best bet is to go over to the requests forum.

• 3 months later...
Hello. I have a question here. I've noticed that when a Pokemon the opposing trainer uses does NOT possess a move that can affect your Pokemon out in any way are either forced to retreat or if it is the last Pokemon, keep spamming a move that does nothing. However, the behaviour seems awfully strange for Red. When I had my Lapras out, I used Surf to take his Charizard down to red HP. Then Red RETREATED his Charizard and sent out his Venusaur to take the incoming Ice Beam that was supposed to finish off the Charizard. Heh heh... anyways, I'm rather confused here. Normally a trainer does not switch out their Pokemon unless given the conditions mentioned above, then why would Red switch out his Charizard who had things that could hurt Lapras to send out a Venusaur? Can anybody shed some light here? Are there other conditions that affect the AI's decision for switching out a Pokemon? Thank you.

Do not expect an all-covering answer from my side, but I thought it has at least something to do with the 'smartness' of a specific Trainer. I am no expert on the subject or something, but while playing all games, I got the feeling some Trainers always switch, because 'they like to switch', rather than they are in a problematic situation you mentioned above. I do not know if that makes any sense, but stronger Trainers switch too, according to my experiences. Karen usually likes to switch in her Houndoom to get a Flash Fire boost, and in Platinum, Cynthia frequently switched in her Spiritomb (off course, when she had the chance earlier to switch her for another Pokémon). In Cynthia's case, it has something to do with all those resists of her Pokémon. But, beside stronger Trainers, I thought some in-game Trainers are well-known switchers too... although I am afraid I cannot give you an example right know. :\

Well, when editing Trainers, you got an option for the smartness (per Pokémon, I believe), so maybe switching tactically is included in that too. And there is many data left which is unknown (to PP's ROM editor at least), so eventually it is some value which is not fully discovered.

Anyway, beside that smartness story, Trainers do not only switch when they cannot do something. I think Red would switch tactically on Lapras' Surf and hit it with Frenzy Plant or what, but not every decision of them is always to be called 'smart'. ^^ Although you do not see it often, I am very sure Gymleaders/Elite Four Trainers/Champions can switch without your aforementioned conditions.