Games: HeartGold and SoulSilver Release

NewsBot

• Bot

Article Posted by <a href="/forums/member.php?1">SCV</a>: <a href="/news/199/HeartGold and SoulSilver Release">HeartGold and SoulSilver Release</a><p>

As many of you know, today is the release day for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, in the United States and in several other countries. HeartGold and  SoulSilver bring many exciting features to Pokémon. Expect many updates to the site and to our programs due to this release. </p>

<p>

<br />

We already started with some updates:</p>

<ul>

<li>

PPRE has been updated to suport the US versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver</li>

<li>

Pokesav HG/SS 3a has been updated to have  US ARDS output.</li>

</ul>

<p>

We hope you enjoy the games and share your experiences, with the community.</p>

When will it be updated so that the items and/or locations match whats in HG/SS and not what's in D/P/Plt? *lol*

All Generation 4 games use the same format for those things. Obviously, Platinum cannot have a location out of reach of its built-in location index, so HGSS uses location numbers in the hidden values. More info here.

Hey can u give me a link to download the ppre

PPRE is always located in the first post of this thread.

All Generation 4 games use the same format for those things. Obviously, Platinum cannot have a location out of reach of its built-in location index, so HGSS uses location numbers in the hidden values. More info here.

PPRE is always located in the first post of this thread.

I think he means the drop down with the locations. Still all Sinnoh locs (and display as such)

I guess you could do a Day Care location in the drop down and the day care hex for hgss. would that work?

I think he means the drop down with the locations. Still all Sinnoh locs (and display as such)

I guess you could do a Day Care location in the drop down and the day care hex for hgss. would that work?

Wouldn't Pokesav be more conveniant if we were able to have the Johto locations in the drop-down menus? >.>

Wouldn't Pokesav be more conveniant if we were able to have the Johto locations in the drop-down menus? >.>

oh of course, that would be ideal.

we can't make completely legit looking pokemon until then anyway. every one i make was hatched from an egg at day care, currently.

got secret ids, hex values, all we need is that drop down modified.

What is the US version of Soul Silver's game id and code?

pokesav will export the game id for both games along with the codes. (pretty sure its on the game's cover too)

I do not own an ARDS itself, but my CycloDS Evolution flash cart does support ARDS cheats. For travel, I keep backups of all my DS games on a flash cart since it's easier to keep everything on one cartridge in the DS slot rather than carrying a bunch of tiny game carts with me wherever I go. I've had bad enough luck keeping track of my old GB/GBC and GBA games in the past. Now DS games are even tinier. :S This way, I can keep my originals tucked away safely at home on my shelf in their respective game cases while limiting the amount of stuff I leave the house with everyday.

Anyway, on to my main point:

I am currently running CycloDS Evolution with the new firmware v1.58 BETA 2 update, which has experimental compatibility with HeartGold and SoulSilver. So far it has worked and I haven't gotten the random game crashes people have been complaining about on various forums online.

I played around with my backup of SoulSilver (US version) while at my college campus today, and I can confirm that pokemon editing for party and box pokemon does work in Pokesav HG/SS 3a by editing the .sav file. I did not need to use the ARDS method. I haven't tried anything else in Pokesav yet. I played around with species/gender/nature/shiny/move sets, various IVs, etc. So far, the pokemon editing has worked just fine for me. I haven't gotten around to playing with money/items/etc, so I can't confirm yet if those work.

I just thought you'd like to know about the editor working for me. :)