RMT Please

I realize theres a thread for it, but I don't really want to derail it.

Gallade: Anti-Lead

Adamant

Focus Sash

56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe

Close Combat

Shadow Sneak

Taunt

Destiny Bond

Bronzong: Screener (Levitate)

Relaxed

Light Clay

252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD

Light Screen

Reflect

Gyro Ball

Explosion

Metagross: Choice Band

Adamant

Choice Band

252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe

Meteor Mash

Earthquake

Explosion

Bullet Punch

Porygon-Z: Choice Specs (Adaptability)

Modest

Choice Specs

4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Tri Attack

HP Fighting

Dark Pulse

Ice Beam

Weavile: Revenge Killer

Jolly

Choice Band

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

Pursuit

Ice Shard

Brick Break

Night Slash

Kingdra: DD Yawn (Sniper)

Adamant

Life Orb

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Dragon Dance

Outrage

Waterfall

Yawn

After playing Shoddy about 10 matches with this team, I've found a few things: This team is pathetically weak to Scizor, Suicune, and Cresselia. I need a rapid spinner, but I'm not sure who to switch out. It might be worthwhile to set up a nasty plot passer to Porygon-Z and sweep with him (without specs), but I'm not sure who to use for that. A fire move somewhere would be a blessing. Rotom (any form) destroys my team except for Porygon using dark pulse.

Well, there's talk about making a seperate RMT board anyway.

Adamant

Focus Sash

Close Combat

Shadow Sneak

Taunt

Destiny Bond

Ok, bleah, This thing is ugly. Anti-leads trick it into uselessness. Most good leads have a speed of over 100.

Bronzong: Screener (Levitate)

Relaxed

Light Clay

252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD

Light Screen

Reflect

Gyro Ball

Explosion

This thing is setup bait. Lucario can OHKO this thing just after one Swords Dance with Close Combat, granted he has a Life Orb. Same goes for other set-up Pokemon, such as Scizor.

Metagross: Choice Band

Adamant

Choice Band

252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe

Meteor Mash

Earthquake

Explosion

Bullet Punch

Ditch Bronzong. You have Metagross with explosion, so thats fine.

Porygon-Z: Choice Specs (Adaptability)

Modest

Choice Specs

4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Tri Attack

HP Fighting

Dark Pulse

Ice Beam

Weavile: Revenge Killer

Jolly

Choice Band

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

Pursuit

Ice Shard

Brick Break

Night Slash

Most revenge killers can still behave well even if they're not revenge-killing. Weavile can not. Weavile should be your lead. Give it fake out and taunt.

Kingdra: DD Yawn (Sniper)

Adamant

Life Orb

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Dragon Dance

Outrage

Waterfall

Yawn

This thing feels like it requires too much set up. First you need to Yawn, then you need to dance, and finally you get to outrage while the opponent's bulky water is fighting back without much effort. Vaporeon can protect until confusion kicks in, Suicune sleep talks, Empoleon shrugs it off and other stuff. I'm sure I'm sounding a lot more cynical than I should be though. If this set works, keep it. Its definantly blocked by Scizor

I feel that was a really weak RMT.

Well, there's talk about making a seperate RMT board anyway.

Adamant

Focus Sash

Close Combat

Shadow Sneak

Taunt

Destiny Bond

There's no reason to Sash something AND have it sink EVs into HP/Defense/special defense. The point of a Sash is that it won't survive one hit without it.

Here's something better:

Ambipom w/ Sash/Life Orb

Jolly

Technician

252 atk/252 speed/6 HP

- Fake Out

- U-Turn

- Thunder Wave

- Taunt

Infernape can run a similar set if you want to lay down Stealth Rock. Other options Ambipom has to start the game with are Counter and Screech (if up against a bulky lead).

I also think Gallade is a pretty poor anti-lead. It's own Taunt will be shut down by every other faster user of Taunt who starts out.

The only other problem I have (that I feel like spending time on) is Porygon-Z. HP Fight really is only for Tyranitar, which is something that -Z shouldn't stay in on anyway. It's much better off with the boltbeam combo

Well, I suppose I could swap out Gallade for Ambi or possibly Weavile, although I'm probably taking out Weavile. Its been really disappointing, although it has its moments.

@Destati:

Gallade: See above

Bronzong: Thats what reflect is for, and it works quite nicely. Still, it is setup bait =\

Kingdra: Yawn forces a switch on most everyone, which is good for DD. Outrage is hell with confusion, but I can't really use anything else. Actually Kingdra has gotten me out of a ton of bad situations.

Porygon-Z needs improvement, but I'm not taking him out; I've sweeped with trispecs quite a few times. HP Fight has saved my ass more times then I'd like to name.

I'd use Taunting Zelf as an anti-lead. Stealth rock, taunt, and explosion + filler.

Pretty clean. Sash it and it'll have to taunt and stealth rock almost anything.

Weavile is just no longer useful to be honest, I'd fill it with Scizor if you want a revenge killer. Bullet Punch + STAB.

'Course, then you have two metal types on your type, lol oops.

Ok so first off, and most importantly: We need role descriptions to rate anything!

Secondly we need to know what type of play style you want to use this for. Putting in 5 walls and 1 sweeper and telling us it's an offensive team would make us have to totally rearrange it to get it to do what you told us you wanted it to do. So knowing whether your playing balanced, bulky offense, Stall or heavy offense is important.

Third, please keep your format consistent in order for us as raters to actually see the syenergy between pokemon,as it doesn't help anyone this way.

Please use the following Format when making a RMT Thread:

Pokemon @ Item

Nature:

Ability:

EVs:

Role:

- Move 1

- Move 2

- Move 3

- Move 4

Comment: (Optional, but highly recommended)

Edit *

There's no reason to Sash something AND have it sink EVs into HP/Defense/special defense. The point of a Sash is that it won't survive one hit without it.

As I was the person on Smogon who gave the OP that EV spread to use, the main reason for it is so that he can Survive Metagross Meteor mash + Bullet punch 100% of the time ( assuming it isn't holding a choice band. ) To get the 3HKO on Metagross. and the added bulk lets him take 3 hits from weak specific special sweepers while not affecting his speed enough where it matters. The sash also lets him survive powerful explosions, which he would not be able to even with heavy HP investment.

As I was the person on Smogon who gave the OP that EV spread to use, the main reason for it is so that he can Survive Metagross Meteor mash + Bullet punch 100% of the time ( assuming it isn't holding a choice band. ) To get the 3HKO on Metagross. and the added bulk lets him take 3 hits from weak specific special sweepers while not affecting his speed enough where it matters. The sash also lets him survive powerful explosions, which he would not be able to even with heavy HP investment.

You'll have to go much more in depth to tell me how this'll let him survive 3 hits from Metagross AND come out the victor. Even moreso into how to get the 3hko. A single use of Close Combat throws everything off, making it able to be KOed by Bullet Punch. Metagross usually is bulky enough not to care about Shadow Sneak. The Smogon analysis seems to say the best it can do against Metagross is Destiny Bond.

Surviving explosions doesn't justify the HP investment, because the held item is Focus Sash.

It's exceppent for the many anti-lead sets (Ambipom, Ape, Weavile, etc...), and can take down Aero and co...but bulky leads? Besides possibly Tyranitar and Heatran, I don't think so.

EDIT: OP, I know this was made before the current rules, possibly before the forum. Edit the topic to conform with the rules within a day or so, and I'll leave it open. Otherwise, it'll be locked, but feel free to make a new one.

The 3HKO is with an entirely different move set actually haha, ( Earthquake x 2 is usually a perfect 2HKO, but just to make sure the HP EV's let him stick around for Meteor mash + BP and get the KO with shadow sneak if necessary ) I suggested the EV spread and that the Poster put earthquake on on it ( because gallade can learn earthquake ) However it was quickly ignored for OMG LOL CLOSE COMBAT + DESTINY BOND, YEA CC OL. While Earthquake + Shadow sneak + Close combat + Taunt deals with things like Infernape, Metagross, Jirachi, heatran, and Tyranitar ( as with the HP EV's Crunch/Stone edge + Sandstorm damage will not KO Gallade in on that turn, but the next. Assuming this Tyranitar does not have an Expert belt/Life orb or Choice band though ) Aerodactyl, Azelf and the leads that Gallade can't finish off ( bronzong and Swampert come to mind ) He taunts so they can't do very much.

I actually though an Anti lead gallade was cool, but since I only have like a 100 posts on Smogon the Mod's probably thought I was lying when I said I tested the set or something and deleted my second post in that thread haha. All of the above is what I found out through gratuitous testing ( during the time where metagross was literally the ONLY lead in use :] )

I apologize, I totally forgot to suggest the set I was referring to! Sorry!

Edit * Almost did it again haha, well here it is.

Gallade @ focus sash

Adamant with Steadfast

56 Hp/252 Attack/ 200 Speed

Close Combat

Shadow Sneak

Earthquake

Taunt

The EV's let Gallade outspeed Jolly 252 Speed tyranitar and anything who's aim is to just outspeed that.

Sorry about the bad formatting. This thread was made before the section + format rules came out, so...

Anyway, although theres an interesting discussion going on, can this be locked? I don't even use this team anymore because it has so many weaknesses, and its the first team I've made in over 6 months. I'm working on a (hopefully) better team, so please lock.

Thank you for the support.