Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

is there any guide as to where to find the legendaries and how to evolve the pokemon that needed trade? i know some require to hit lvl40 and some require leveling with an item but can we know which ones and what item? been playing for 3 hours already, havent seen anything different from soulsilver yet other than that little cat pokemon everyone keeps saying.

EDIT: Ok I downloaded the locations list, i have yet to check them out but i kinda read the whole thread here so i think all my questions are answered :P I will just assume that pokemon that evolve through trade with an item will use that very same item to hold and evolve at lvl40.

My final question, for now, is whether i can run if by any chance i encounter a legendary that i am not prepared to catch yet. Will i see it later? What if i kill it? And if I capture it, will i be able to encounter it again?

PS: Kudos for making this hack, I really appreciate your work and I'm gratefull to be able to play it! ^_^

I know that I'm just asking for the ones that appear in high grass. After reading the Locations I wonder what the Sinnoh R. and Hoen R. stand for. These are locations not items or skills such as rods and surf-rock smash. And radio what is that? :P Thanks in advance for the response I'm now in Goldenrod and moving... enjoying it alot :D

EDIT: Also how can I access the wondercard events?

Edited by itachi216

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How can I tell weather or not I patched the game correctly? It says patched in the name, but I can't find the man who gives you the Event Pokémon in the Mart.

According to WillMoff, "The Rival has a level 6 starter, not a level 5, thats how you know."

My question: I see that the only download's for challenger Edition - what about regular? (I like the easy games pls no hurt me)

Hi. I want to know which emulator is best to play this game and if it is Desmume I would appreciate to know how to make it a little bit faster like with the best settings to play Pokemon HG.

Also, there are a lot of Desmume and No$gba emulators versions around in the web, so I would also like to know where to download them or what version exactly should I download to play without the usual freezing/black screen problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I second what Light968 said. I stopped playing when I didn't see Kyogre in the list, because with only Groudon it would be impossible to catch Rayquaza. and that was my endgame idea. have Rayquaza. any explanation would be awesome. thank you.

but now that I am thinking about it, I could just use Perfect Heart Gold and catch Kyogre in the event and Groudon on route 43. then I'd be pretty much set am I right? but thats the problem with Perfect Soul Silver. obtaining Rayquaza may have been overlooked. unless your pokemon location lists are wrong. they're identical to eachother.

Edited by Pavelowx2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there someone that knows how to change the uppercase Pokémon names into lowercase? Usually you can do it with the randomizer, but it can't open the patched rom. I also tried to use the randomizer first, but then the patched file that is created doesn't work (it becomes a 0kb file). I can live without it, but still, it bothers me quite a bit so I would like to find a solution if possible

Anyway, awesome work, the patch itself works just fine

On 7/10/2018 at 8:39 PM, Coffe Boss said:

I have an android and I want to download the game, but my emulator says: the error does not work to start the game

You have to patch it, you need a computer to do it. If you extract the files from the zip you download there are instructions ^^

(maybe you already solved, idk)

On 3/8/2016 at 5:18 AM, educova said:

Hi. I want to know which emulator is best to play this game and if it is Desmume I would appreciate to know how to make it a little bit faster like with the best settings to play Pokemon HG.

Also, there are a lot of Desmume and No$gba emulators versions around in the web, so I would also like to know where to download them or what version exactly should I download to play without the usual freezing/black screen problems.

Desmume, just use latest GIT on here!

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/zeromus/desmume/build/artifacts

For No$gba, use latest version 2.9a on here!

http://problemkaputt.de/gba.htm

Any bugs, use some patch available on any websites. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 12:39 PM, Coffe Boss said:

I have an android and I want to download the game, but my emulator says: the error does not work to start the game

The problem is not your emulator but the rom version you have. I had the same problem but it's gone when i tried the original Japanese Pokemon HeartGold version

On 7/10/2018 at 12:35 PM, Coffe Boss said:

Witch emulator right for Perfect Silver?

I recommend DraStic, Google it.

Edited by PokeGirl5
mistake

On 3/23/2016 at 8:47 AM, Blob55 said:

I still can't get the patch to work for this game. Generally HGSS suck, especially when you hack, so I'm giving up on this now, unless someone can patch it for me or something.

20 minutes ago, PokeGirl5 said:

I can do it. DM me.

sounds like Rom sharing, bad idea.

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2018 at 11:47 AM, Kaazikin said:

Does anyone have a copy of the Locations List? The hosting sites seem to not have them anymore.

I updated the mediafire links. For some reason they changed but my Platinum ones did not. Sorry I noticed so late

On 4/7/2018 at 4:18 PM, Pavelowx2 said:

I second what Light968 said. I stopped playing when I didn't see Kyogre in the list, because with only Groudon it would be impossible to catch Rayquaza. and that was my endgame idea. have Rayquaza. any explanation would be awesome. thank you.

but now that I am thinking about it, I could just use Perfect Heart Gold and catch Kyogre in the event and Groudon on route 43. then I'd be pretty much set am I right? but thats the problem with Perfect Soul Silver. obtaining Rayquaza may have been overlooked. unless your pokemon location lists are wrong. they're identical to eachother.

If you get one from the in-game event, the other is in the wild and would be on the location list. Inaccuracies have been found in it before as you would find if you read through past comments, so it is possible that the list creator made some mistakes.
I honestly never proof-checked it, as it was made quite awhile after I finished the project. It was only ever meant as a light supplementary guide anyway

Hi @Roland. Are you able to fix the Rage Candy? I found a way to change it from key item to medicine item with the original G/S/C effect, but this made it giveable, instead I want to make it like the apricorn balls ungiveable to avoid compatibility issues with retail versions. Is determined by the index number, if I move the sport ball in the medicine pocket and I change it to rage candy as example remain ungiveable. Then there is a list for the "banned" give items. Do you know how find it?

• 1 month later...

Hello, brand new player here. I'm having a problem where Slowpoke isn't evolving into Slowking. She's already past level 40 and She has the king's rock. Did the rules in this romhack change or something? Does she have to go from level 39 and reach 40 exactly while holding the king's rock? Does she have to be male?