Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

ok im new to the emulation stuff, so i might sound like a tard here. I heard this is a great hacked ROM of HGSS so im going to do a play through. can someone help me with the whole set up process of this rom. ive downloaded a soul silver rom and the hack provided on the first page (im using a MAC btw) and ive put the clean ROM in the folder as the instruction says but what is the patch it is talking about that i need to put in the patch folder? any help here would be greatly appreciated as i really want to play this game. thanks!

ok im new to the emulation stuff, so i might sound like a tard here. I heard this is a great hacked ROM of HGSS so im going to do a play through. can someone help me with the whole set up process of this rom. ive downloaded a soul silver rom and the hack provided on the first page (im using a MAC btw) and ive put the clean ROM in the folder as the instruction says but what is the patch it is talking about that i need to put in the patch folder? any help here would be greatly appreciated as i really want to play this game. thanks!

Well first, make sure it's actually a clean Soul Silver rom, and that an AP (Anti-Piracy) patch wasn't already applied to it. You should be sure since of course you ripped it yourself from your own game cartridge. Nobody here will help you with a rom you downloaded off the internet.

But, the patch is included in the first post. I have Windows, not a mac, but I'm guessing the "xdelta3" file is the patch. Unfortunately I can't help you with it.

Alright at this point I've captured 4 Deoxys', and have seen like 6 Turtwigs, but not a single Chimchar on Route 26. And night time is about to end. :'(

Guess I'll try again tomorrow...

Edited by Roland

What does the "R1-06" mean for the Whirl islands (which room is it, links to pictures would be appriciated)? Also what are the requirements to encounter Arceus there, if any, and what's the chance I"ll encounter one? Also, what level will they be at normally, so I know how to use my repels properly, if possible?

Edited by EnEllDee
More questions

What does the "R1-06" mean for the Whirl islands (which room is it, links to pictures would be appriciated)? Also what are the requirements to encounter Arceus there, if any, and what's the chance I"ll encounter one? Also, what level will they be at normally, so I know how to use my repels properly, if possible?

I haven't gotten that far yet, but all the Legendaries I've encountered that were added to the game (Deoxys and Celebi) have been level 70.

Can somebody please help me? Where can you find Rotom in the game? He's not on the locations list in the first post, either...

Edited by MultiKoopa

Turtwig: Route 26, Night time, 4% encounter rate, level 30 (found 3)

Chimchar: Route 26, Night time, 1% encounter rate, level 30 (haven't found one yet)

Deoxys: Route 26, any time of day, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (found 4)

this was about an hour of trying to find a Chimchar. No luck with the Chimchar sadly.

Mew: Ilex Forest, Morning, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (haven't found one yet)

Jirachi: Ilex Forest, Day time, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (haven't found one yet)

Celebi: Ilex Forest, Night time, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (found one randomly while going from Azalea Town to Goldenrod)

Hey, you made this hack right? Care to answer my questions?

Hey, you made this hack right? Care to answer my questions?

I answered your PM. I did not create the location guide. Please be sure to read the information provided before asking questions.

Just wondering, would this patch run well on a japanese rom? Or at least would it be easy to adapt it to the japanese rom myself? I really want those damn slot machines.

I doubt it but maybe. It would depend on if there are many differences between the 2 roms or if it is just a matter of swapping text files (improbable).

You could ask on the IRC chat, someone there could answer you better than I. Sorry if it's kinda quiet on there...

• 1 month later...

I've met 4 Legendary pokemon's. 1st was Jirachi in Ilex Forest at lvl 70 in which multikoopa mentioned most of them are. 2nd was Lugia which is required be the game story no big deal there. 3rd was Raikou which was at his respective lvl 40. the last one was quite odd. I got a call from the guy crazy about legendary pokemons on the road to lake rage wanting a rematch, but when i got there i ran into a wild pokemon and the screen did something that only happens when you encounter a legendary pokemon. Sure enough it was Groudon, the only thing was that he was lvl 16 which struck me by a little shock. Is this a bug or something?

Because i'm playing on Soul Silver and as far as i know i'm supposed to get the blue orb from Professor Oak or Professor Elm. And encounter Groudon in Embedded tower and he should be lvl 50.

Edited by Gumba_Lumba

Turtwig: Route 26, Night time, 4% encounter rate, level 30 (found 3)

Chimchar: Route 26, Night time, 1% encounter rate, level 30 (haven't found one yet)

Deoxys: Route 26, any time of day, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (found 4)

this was about an hour of trying to find a Chimchar. No luck with the Chimchar sadly.

Mew: Ilex Forest, Morning, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (haven't found one yet)

Jirachi: Ilex Forest, Day time, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (haven't found one yet)

Celebi: Ilex Forest, Night time, 1% encounter rate, level 70 (found one randomly while going from Azalea Town to Goldenrod)

Are you sure it's only 1%? Because i ran into Jirachi twice when i was making my way to goldenrod city for the first time on that playthrough. Obviously i had no chance of catching him and he crushed my team both times which was annoying :)

Can't seem to patch either a clean Soul Silver or Heart Gold rom with the relevant patches, regardless of what patcher I use (xdelta UI, xDelta GUI, DeltaPatcher) I get the error "xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT". I've tried at least 3 different roms (of each silver and gold), using compatibility modes, redownloading the patches and can't find anything informative on google. Would really appreciate any help.

For further info I'm using windows 8 (x64).

• 2 weeks later...

1. Were the Lati* ever confirmed to be in Mt. Silver for the unobtainable one in that particular version? (e.g. Latias for Perfect Soul). If so, has anyone progressed to that point where they can verify?

2. Additionally, was anyone ever able to verify in-game what the R#-## meant in the locations guide? For example, Spiritomb was a 1% in Bell Tower R1-12 (but it only has 10 floors)

3. Hoenn legendaries: Has anyone been able to secure the other Hoenn pair (finding a Kyogre in Perfect Soul, and vice versa)

4. Bumping up the Rotom / Arceus questions.

Also - just making a note here:

- Grovyle Lvl 6 (not Treecko) seems to be the 1% at night on Route 22. (ran into it twice)

:bidoof::bidoof::bidoof:

Edited by CHUMPALOOOZA

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to play this game with Pokemon stats of a few pokemon decided by me. Since I know of only ppre for editing pokemon heart gold stats , can someone

upload the tmp_gamename folder generated by ppre when this mod was created so that I can edit the stats of some pokemon. Or please suggest some other way.

• 1 month later...

I love this game. I have now gotten all 18 badges. I like the better challenge and the new pokemon I can catch:)

So far I managed to get a bunch of starters and the legendaries from Ilex forest (Celebi, Jirachi, Mew), which is totally cool! It looks like it is impossible to get the version exclusive fossil pokemon: The dome/helix and claw/root fossils. Since we are supposed to be able to get all 493 pokemon, how did you make it so we can get them all?

I'm using the repel trick to find all legendaries and I'll try to help people out here if I get some more luck:

To answer a question: Spheal is found in the safari zone. Check bulbapedia. :)

To answer question 2: Both Lati@s can be found in Mt. Silver. Using HeartGold, I just found Latios (lvl 40), which is version exclusive to SoulSilver.

Edited by hachilio

• 2 months later...

shout out to every one that got hand making this game, you guys talent as hell

I got like 388 pokemon now and i've just started on 9 Aug this year

so anyone really got an Arceus, and also Mespit, my legendary list is so near complete so i just need these two

evrytime the radio said Arceus at whirl islands I rushed to there with a bunch of repel but still see nothing

oh, and Manaphy also, I got like 4 or 5 Phione using repel but no luck with Manaphy

edit: 433 pkm now

edit2: ARCEUS is REAL I can confirm it now the mighty is in the small floor (the one with an item) that above Lugia's cave, hell yeah

Edited by Lapin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey, have anyone found dialga, giratina and palkia?, where in ruins of alpha are they?

is possible to get the other version exclusive fossil pokemons? (dome fossil and root fossil exclusive soulsilver fossils, and i play the perfect heart version)

im also having trouble with finding few pokemons... like carvanha, wailmer (they are not in the excel locations list, and are only obtainble by pokewalker)

also, where is rotom? i wanted to try the new versions of him in the silph elevator, but i cant find him in the location guide and the internet says you can only obtain him by trading...

about the legendary poke Heatran.... is it in the game, cant find him in the lokations list, and apparently can only be obtained by trade too...

@lapin did you find any of them?

362 pokemons catched till now ;)

Edited by brucelikerock

• 4 months later...

Hi, I dont think my patch took, but I dont know how to tell. what should I look for to know if it worked?

~~~To Future players~~~

The Rival has a level 6 starter, not a level 5, thats how you know.

Edited by WillMoff

• 4 weeks later...

I want to report a bug. When fishing with my Super Rod on Route 41 at night, I encounter a strange "pokemon". There is no name, the level is zero, has no hp, and no actual image shows up except for a line of white blocks at the top of my screen. I think it might be Feebas' data trying to display since I never seemed to catch him, but I'm honestly not sure what it actually is.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm playing the Perfect Heart version--I have no idea if it's in Soul too.

Edited by LostHope
Accidentally forgot to clarify a detail of a bug