Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

How different is this from Drayano's Sacred Gold and Storm Silver hacks?

Ok I dug up Drayano's work.

Trainer's: Drayano changed some of the Pokemon for trainers, I've only changed the levels of the Pokemon they already had (using a formula i devised) to increase difficulty gradually.

Drayano made changes to Pokemon moves and stats. I refuse to do this as I feel it can bar the use of my games with legit games. (I prefer to keep things as close to the Gamefreak goal has possible)

Drayano added new items for evolutions and changed some existing items. I did not add items and simply used the existing items in new ways.

Drayano changed the location and availability of some items. I chose not to do anything like this as I had concerns i would be retracting from my attempts to gradually increase difficulty.

Drayano made some changes to the world. I did not do this, as again concerns for retracting from the difficulty, and also I did not want to change from the original game too much.

Drayano added some events. I would have liked to add events for some of the legendaries but I was, in a way, the test for HG/SS hacks. I started mine before everyone and had VERY limited knowledge for scripting. As scripting progressed after I finished the hack I decided not to go back. For non-event pokemon in my game you can catch as many as you want. If I started doing events for some of em, you'd only be able to obtain that one and that's it.

Drayano also made many small changes and even barred access to some areas. Again these are things I wouldn't do as I did not want to retract too much from the original game.

Well that's practically a 1:1 comaprison. Hopefully that fully answers your question. If you have any others, feel free to ask. (as long as you follow the rules of the forums)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few questions/clarity that I need answered. I chose Cyndaquill as my starter and found chichorita but have yet to find a totodile. Can you find one anywhere? Also for verification, Latias/Latios is in Mt. Slilver right and if so, which part and time are they. Finally, the trio of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are all in the small grass area in Ruins of Alph right? I'm currently at Kanto Power Plant and just need verification on these as I continue along.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a few questions about the legendary pokemon. Yes I've read every page in the thread but could not find it.

Playing Soul Silver and for about a few days now and Groudon does not appear in Route 43, Registeel in Mt.Silver and Regigigas in Cerulian Cave

I tried all time cycles, although I'm not too sure if I got the Registeel area correct (Cave right before Red?) and by getting Registeel does Regigias appear? (all Regis in inventory to make Regigias appear)

I've got all other Legendaries that have a 1% chance to appear except for 2-3.

Help appreciated. Thanks

Hi there. I love the idea for the ROM, but after I patched it and tried to run it on nocash it went black screen after Oak. I also tried running it on DesMuMe, but it's just too slow for me to be able to join it. I'm not sure why this is happening, since I tried running a pre-patched version of the original game and haven't had these issues.

Hi there. I love the idea for the ROM, but after I patched it and tried to run it on nocash it went black screen after Oak. I also tried running it on DesMuMe, but it's just too slow for me to be able to join it. I'm not sure why this is happening, since I tried running a pre-patched version of the original game and haven't had these issues.

I honestly don't know what to tell you... I stopped using No$ when I finished Platinum, since I had a DS after that.

You could always try the"universal solution" and try re-patching if you haven't already...

• 2 months later...
Hello Roland,

I would like to ask a question. Can you possibly make this hack available for GBA4IOS? It would be more fun and easier to play more often. If this is not possible I will be super sad. :D

For starters, explain to me what GBA4IOS is.

It sounds like a GBA emulator. If that is the case, these are DS games and would not work on a GBA emulator.

Incredible experience thus far playing Perfect Soul Silver. I've never been so happy with a pokemon game. I have one problem however. I only had two saves I was using to track progress and I encountered Groudon at lvl 17 by Lake of Rage. The only pokeballs I had on me were 3 friend balls - practically useless in this case. Though with my Haunter I can get Groudon to 1 hp and asleep, the closest I can get to catching him is The following. Both my saves are during the Groudon Battle and I don't want to lose the opportunity to catch him. Is there a chance of running into him again or perhaps a way to improve my chances with what little I have? Thanks

4781 - Pokemon SoulSilver (U)(Xenophobia)_patched_09_30764.png

583dcfe276436_4781-PokemonSoulSilver(U)(

Incredible experience thus far playing Perfect Soul Silver. I've never been so happy with a pokemon game. I have one problem however. I only had two saves I was using to track progress and I encountered Groudon at lvl 17 by Lake of Rage. The only pokeballs I had on me were 3 friend balls - practically useless in this case. Though with my Haunter I can get Groudon to 1 hp and asleep, the closest I can get to catching him is The following. Both my saves are during the Groudon Battle and I don't want to lose the opportunity to catch him. Is there a chance of running into him again or perhaps a way to improve my chances with what little I have? Thanks [ATTACH=CONFIG]11246[/ATTACH]

I didn't remember putting Groudon at the Lake of Rage, and checking my files, well, my files say he shouldn't be there... I also didn't put legendaries in at low levels like that. So to sum things up, I think there may have been an error in your patching (not necessarily your fault, sometimes it doesn't patch properly) and that Groudon isn't supposed to be there. So unfortunately I don't know what to tell you about catching him and I suggest repatching a rom at some point. (though you could probably keep playin as is...)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to use Action Replay codes for this? I played both Perfect Platinum and VoltWhite/VoltWhite2 and needed to use exp modifiers and rebattling trainers to get my Pokemon up to the right levels to fight gym leaders without doing tons of grinding, and eventually I used a 100% catch rate code because my Pokemon would be 20-30+ levels above the wild Pokemon. All codes worked in PerfectPlatinum and VoltWhite 1 and 2, but in PerfectSoul, none of the codes work, and if I try to use the code to view IVs/EVs, the game won't even load, it'll just stay at a white screen. I'm using DeSmuME, by the way, and trying to use exp multipliers, hold R to rebattle a trainer, and will eventually use 100% catch rate. If anyone can tell me why the codes won't work with PerfectSoul but the regular Platinum codes worked for Perfect Platinum, and normal White worked for VoltWhite, and can help me get the codes working for PerfectSoul, that would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Problem solved. My ROM or the codes were of the wrong region. I still get a white screen when starting up the game with some cheats, but I can disable them, start up the game, then enable them, and I believe they work, I haven't really had a chance to try yet.

Edited by Sylfar
Problem solved

Hey im having some weird issues with the game. Basically the wild pokemon have no diversity. Walking to mr pokemon i'll find: level 2 pidgey, level 3 weedle / caterpie / sentret. Always the same levels, never any variation. Its really weird and i dont think it should be like this. The first rival battle is level 6 though which is the tell the hack is working.

Is this intended and all wild pokemon are the same (low!) level?

Hey im having some weird issues with the game. Basically the wild pokemon have no diversity. Walking to mr pokemon i'll find: level 2 pidgey, level 3 weedle / caterpie / sentret. Always the same levels, never any variation. Its really weird and i dont think it should be like this. The first rival battle is level 6 though which is the tell the hack is working.

Is this intended and all wild pokemon are the same (low!) level?

I'm finding the same thing, but I think as the game progresses, there will be more diversity.

Do I need the national Pokedex before Darkrai will appear? also, if I am reading the locations guide correct, it says he is encountered in slowpoke well with a 1 percent chance of seeing him, correct? do I need surf/strength to access the other parts of the well for him to appear? any help is much obliged, thanks :}

Do I need the national Pokedex before Darkrai will appear? also, if I am reading the locations guide correct, it says he is encountered in slowpoke well with a 1 percent chance of seeing him, correct? do I need surf/strength to access the other parts of the well for him to appear? any help is much obliged, thanks :}

I don't remember all the details (as my memory is overlapping with Perfect Platinum) but you shouldn't need the National Dex, as for strength and surf, I'd say take em just in case. I don't fully remember the location very well...

Hi. I'm loving this Perfect Soul hack so far. And I guess it's a Challenger's Edition, right? Since all of the trainers are much harder. Barely made it past Bugsy, with a team of 5 level 16 Pokemon! Thanks for making this, Roland!

I was wondering... will you ever consider updating the Locations list? I noticed Jirachi isn't in there, along with a few others.

I was also wondering, what exactly is National Park room 2 (R1-02)? That's the area where Chikorita is supposed to be, but I'm going through the Park and there's only one area here... I thought maybe the different styles of grass would have different pokemon, but both of them seem to match R1-01 from the list (with Sunkern and Pidgey). I thought of the bug-catching contest, but that's supposed to have things like Scyther and Pinsir which aren't on your list at all.

Could you please help me out, Roland?

So this was my first time ever trying to use an edited ROM, and I can't really tell if I did anything wrong.

Everything was working in perfect order, made it through 2 gyms, got all the way to Goldenrod and saved last night, and then this morning I turned it back on and then I was stuck like this? Whenever I go into a building or pull something up on my map or pokemon list or what have you, I get black screen, however it does not freeze. If I walk into the nearby Pokecenter I get black screen on the top screen, but the bottom screen still works and I Can walk in and out of the building.

zktKrv1.png

EDIT: Also, I keep seeing challenger edition? Is that just whatever is available for download in the first post? Because I follow the bulb HG/SS guide and I noticed the Pokemon are usually just 1 or 2 levels higher (at least for as far as I got)

If Roland ever made a non-Challenger edition of Perfect Heart/Soul, it's no longer available in the first post. The trainers have higher pokemon levels. It started to get really tough around the 4th gym with Morty.

Anyway, when you get a graphical glitch like that, try doing a regular plain old save from the in-game menu, then close the emulator fully and open up the game like that. Continue the save normally, instead of with a save state.

See if that works.

Also, holy crap, I got a Celebi!!! Just got Fly, so I was going through older areas with Surf and the Item Finder, and I had a Tauros with Intimidate in the first slot to reduce wild Pokemon encounters, and I found a wild Celebi in Ilex Forest!! level 70... I had 2 level 16 pokemon on me and 4 level 30 Pokemon.

Luckily, it's Natural Gift attack only worked once and instantly consumed its berry. its only other attack was Future Sight, which had a delay, so I had some time to attack it. Paralyzed it, whittled it down to Red, but lost 4 of my team in the process.

I'm lucky I spent so much money on Ultra Balls. Just barely managed to catch it!!!

Hey Roland, thank you so much for your work on this hack :) I'm just wondering if it's possible to add equal EXP sharing to this game? I think equal exp sharing would make building a more diverse team so much more fun (rather than the fastest straight-offensive team that's common in single player).

Is it doable? Would you consider it?