Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

Dude, you are awesome! I'm kinda a noob at finding the hidden rarities, but I luckily found Groudon at Lake of Rage randomly! Lol I found Jirachi while my pokes are still about lvl 20, so I got KO'ed... does that mean I can never find it? I also wanna find Kyogre, but is that at a later part? Cause I'm still at Mahogany... Is there any electric rarities at this point? Or do I have to wait for Safari/Kanto Zapdos?

Thanks again for being awesome!

hey Roland, just played through your hack and wanted to say thanks for a great hack and congrats on a great hack!........I also wanted to ask you if it is possible to make a sort of regional championship within the game?...for example, once attaining all 8 bages, you're allowed to enter the johto league...where, perhaps you face a bunch of ace trainers and maybe even your rival....it could be dont in a similar format to the anime?...then maybe after winning the championship, we're allowed access to victory road and then the elite 4?....Just wanted to know if that is at all possible?....thanks and congrats once again.p

hey Roland, just played through your hack and wanted to say thanks for a great hack and congrats on a great hack!........I also wanted to ask you if it is possible to make a sort of regional championship within the game?...for example, once attaining all 8 bages, you're allowed to enter the johto league...where, perhaps you face a bunch of ace trainers and maybe even your rival....it could be dont in a similar format to the anime?...then maybe after winning the championship, we're allowed access to victory road and then the elite 4?....Just wanted to know if that is at all possible?....thanks and congrats once again.p

This should be asked in the ideas section, but yes anything is possible as long as you are familiar with the script.

Please refrain from asking similiar question in people's threads in the future. We have sections for a reason.

Erm when does Shaymin appear? Because I've been searching route 3 for like 2 hours...

Haha! Good luck, he's elusive, that he is.

Well, I kinda gave up on Shaymin :(

Oh well, BTW I met Ash while my pokes are still around lvl 60s...only have a deoxys and mewtwo at lvl70...luckily I managed to win that. Lol it ended earlier than I expected... Time for perfect Platinum :)

Thanks again for making my vacation AWESOME.

Hello, could please someone help me find Heracross in this rom? By default it should be headbuttable at route 33 with whopping 30% chance. BUT.

It seems that it's set to 90% Spearow and 10% Aipom, since I got just about 5 aipoms and 0 heracrosses, while getting some 120 spearows.. I just gave up, hope I'll find him on route 42.

Also, the lvl 70 Jirachi popping out in Ilex on my lvl 15-19 pokemon scared the ... out of me, as he destroyed half of my party till I was able to flee :D

Edit: found Heracross (after a whole day and getting 8th badge) on a single tree near Kurt's house in Azalea.

Nice hack, though it would be nice of them to release less "protected" games so you don't have to save twice a minute not to lose half day because of black screen..

I was hoping (seeing absolutely no freezes up until watering Sudowoodo), but the freezes still occur even on patched rom every time they can (changing locations, using abilities outside of combat, closing menu etc). Now I really save twice a minute (respectively every time I'm entering building, after each combat etc etc)

since I got my Heracross just now and I was really unlucky with encounter rates, my team is:

43 Scyther - my favorite physical sweeper with tactician and neutral nature (5% rate, wasn't worth stalking in contest for hours for beneficial nature :D), got a Sharp Beak for him to up the Aerial Ace power to nice 162(great 324 when super effective), with 3 stacks of Swords Dance he was able to single handedly send all Clair's pokemon to hell (though little later I found out he could have OHKO them all with aerial ace even without swords dance

41 Ampharos - again wrong nature - Rash - ups sp.atk BUT lowers precious sp.def, so even neutral moves can get him to 20% hp with 1 attack, but she has Choice Specs so her Thunderbolt is quite deadly, also teached her Headbutt and Strength because of no other moves needed, although she's not meant to use them in combat because of really low Attack and choice item

41 Dragonair - from Game Corner, used as HM slave since I wasn't able to find any good water type yet, she knows all 3 water HMs and Dragon Pulse

40 Crobat - I keep him just because of Fly :S (I guess I'll replace him as soon as Dragonair evolves and will be capable of learning that) and his speed (confuse ray first ftw)

40 Leafeon - for grass/ground(Dig) coverage, because I really lacked something to take down electric type

40 Typhlosion - fire attacks + cut, otherwise hopeless because his nature is lowering his already low defense into oblivion and his sp.def is not exactly shining either

really bad team compared to my pearl and white teams (gosh how I miss Staraptor, Milotic, Gardevoir, Lucario and Excadrill :D), anyway, half team weak to electricity and the rest is not that good at avoiding fire (even Typhlosion and Dragonair who resist fire have so low defenses that Flamethrower can 2HKO them and Dragonair who is the only one who can use water attacks have really low sp.atk so she must work with waterfall instead of earlier surf). If I find the time I guess I'll start breeding to get some better results :D

Edited by ray111
new info

Nice hack, though it would be nice of them to release less "protected" games so you don't have to save twice a minute not to lose half day because of black screen..

I was hoping (seeing absolutely no freezes up until watering Sudowoodo), but the freezes still occur even on patched rom every time they can (changing locations, using abilities outside of combat, closing menu etc). Now I really save twice a minute (respectively every time I'm entering building, after each combat etc etc)

Sounds like you have a crappy flashcart. Or you are playing with an emu (which I highly do not recommend for any of the newer ones except Platinum)

If you want to eliminate your issues, get yourself an ak2i.

I have had virtually no issues with it. (except this one time Phantom Hourglass froze and I hadn't saved for two and a half hours... never played it since, lol)

Anyway, my point is, none of your listed issues are normal...

Also an update for everyone, someone has come to me proposing to make a location list. I make no promises and hold no responsibility for it other than providing the files said person will require to do so. I will try to keep you guys posted though.

Heey! I have a problem trying to patch pokemon heartgold into Pokemon Perfect Heart//

It looks like you gave it the command ARG1...

And then the program did not like the command.

Check the read me to make sure you are following the steps provided properly and perhaps you should provide a verbatim step-by-step so that we may actually begin to help you.

Update on the location guide: Per the person working on it, it is coming along decent, they are just trying to develop an intuitive layout. But slowly and surely it is coming along.

• 1 month later...

Hi, first off, let me say that this looks phenomenal.

That said, I'm having an issue I can't figure out. I have an Acekard 2i that works perfectly with all my other games and pokemon hacks, but it won't play this. I have no idea why. It will play the unpatched version, and I've tried it with three different clean roms. Also, it works fine on no$gba for me, so I know it patched alright. I have the most up to date loaders and everything too. I have no idea why, but it just doesn't want to work on my card. I can't get past a whitescreen. I also searched for acekard in this thread, but every post said theirs work fine with this. Any Ideas?

(also, I'm really sorry this is my first post. It's not how I'd like to introduce myself, but this hack is what got me here, and this issue is what got me to register.

Hi, first off, let me say that this looks phenomenal.

That said, I'm having an issue I can't figure out. I have an Acekard 2i that works perfectly with all my other games and pokemon hacks, but it won't play this. I have no idea why. It will play the unpatched version, and I've tried it with three different clean roms. Also, it works fine on no$gba for me, so I know it patched alright. I have the most up to date loaders and everything too. I have no idea why, but it just doesn't want to work on my card. I can't get past a whitescreen. I also searched for acekard in this thread, but every post said theirs work fine with this. Any Ideas?

(also, I'm really sorry this is my first post. It's not how I'd like to introduce myself, but this hack is what got me here, and this issue is what got me to register.

Honestly I don't know. As of update 1.8.9 I had roms stop working that worked previously and I can't figure out what the issue is. Frankly though I have been a little lazy with it...

I vaguely recall having this issue a few years ago when I first updated my Acekard and if memory serves me correctly I removed everything from my Card completely and freshly installed AKAIO software. Some of my roms don't work currently and my DS gets so little attention anymore that I haven't bothered repeating this process. Last I checked though my roms did work with 1.8.9 but I cannot speak for 1.9.0.

So I guess try this fix and lemme know if it works for you. If not I'll dig my DS out and see if it's the current AKAIO software that is at fault.

It do nothing when I do Apply Patch. I use the windows patch on windows 7 64 bits, but it don't patch at all. I use the .xdelta file as patch.

That is a pretty vague statement. Perhaps you could provide details as to exactly what you are doing. I have not switched over to 64-bit yet (though the past few weeks I've been considering it) so I cannot immediately tell you if it's due to 64-bit OS or if it is a user error on your part. Please provide detailed step-by-step descriptions of what you are doing.

And to both of you, I apologize for the delayed replies, I try to check this daily but classes have just started again so I am intermittently busy.

And an update for everyone pertaining to the location guide: I never heard back from the person who undertook the task so I do not know what the status is. This is typically why I am picky about who I work with, as you can never guarantee a job gets done once it is out of your hands. So my apologies to those of you still awaiting a location guide. Hopefully I will hear from this person soon.

Edited by Roland
Added additional reply.

I used a patcher from another hack and somehow it worked to patch the game.

Glad to hear it! Enjoy the game.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do this asap and let you know if it helped. If not I'll just play in on my pc. Again, thanks, both for the reply and the great hack.

Yea, please do report back on whether or not that worked. I do intend on playing my DS someday again...

Anyone made a list for actual location of pokemons ? Gonna take a while doing it only by radio.

Please do read the thread next time, or at least read the posts above where you are posting. On this page I said:

And an update for everyone pertaining to the location guide: I never heard back from the person who undertook the task so I do not know what the status is. This is typically why I am picky about who I work with, as you can never guarantee a job gets done once it is out of your hands. So my apologies to those of you still awaiting a location guide. Hopefully I will hear from this person soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool remake :P but I have 1 question. how do i see the patch worked? i've been playing now and my gravaler is lvl 46 but dint evolve, but you say normal trade at lvl 40?

Also is there a place or way i can see where I can get the pokemon you added wild to the game?

I did read about 13 pages but dint find anything =/

:redface:hey there:redface:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hardwork and making such a superb hack.

As far as the freezing issues with these roms, I have found them to happen very seldom...if ever.

However, the AP patch does sort out one important factor.

Before the AP patch, I would always have to save every 20 mins or so....and that became annoying....I tried to save on the savestate and then just load back there when the game crashed, however, when I loaded back to the savestate, the game would crash shortly after, and if i tried to save....It would freeze.

However, with the AP patch, I just save with the savestate function (shift + 1,2,3 etc) every now and then and thus, when the game crashes, I am now able to load back to that savestate and save the game normally without freezing....reset and WALLAH...no progress lost....

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

this is only for people using Desmume

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Excellent news boys, girls, and cross-species!

I have been contacted by the person that was working on the location guide and after a lot of hell that kinda reminded of the **** I end up in like every 2 years, they have returned and are continuing their work. So hopefully soon we will have a location guide posted for those that want one.

Kanpai!

Sorry, but i didn't found any of these new pokemons that you put in game, just a glameow at the begining. Im in Kanto, i look the radio and search for hours and found nothing new, just the old pokes, how can 493 pokes are avaliable to catch? I dont think so...BTW this game is really good, congratulations.