Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

well in the thing it said wondercard about a celebi and pikchu i was wondering how to get that

I assume you mean what Roland mentioned in the original post? I believe by wondercard, he means that the celebi and pichu events can be triggered in this hack. It isn't an item by any sorts.

I assume you mean what Roland mentioned in the original post? I believe by wondercard, he means that the celebi and pichu events can be triggered in this hack. It isn't an item by any sorts.

This is correct. For Celebi's event go to the shrine with a celebi (if you just caught one you have to leave the area and come back) and for Pichu's just go to the shrine with a pichu (I think I decided on pichu... crap I forget now cuz I tested with 4 different pokemon but I think pichu is the final answer for 1000)

And hohehi, stay your tongue. If you ask for download links of such a nature again you will be banned. Consider this your warning. (I may no longer be a mod but I assure you the mods will stand by this.)

Heya Roland, Was just wondering if you're going to release a patch without the AP with it aswell, See'ing as the game can run on most flashcarts fine at this point now after their updates.

And you're welcome for my earlier post :]

Sorry I missed your post, if there is an actual necessity to release without the AP patch I will but as far as I know you can still play with the AP patch.

Hey :) ...Can you please provide us with the pokemon's location, if you can't then can you remember where you stationed gible :D ..

BTW Amazing Modifications bro, was surprised to find one this accurate and stable, you have my eternal thanks :) .

EDIT - Just found out that when using radio and turning to oak & Mary channel they also announce some of the modified pokemon i've found 2 for now..

-Arcues ~ Whirlpool Islands

-Chickorita ~ National Park

Is this hinting on purpose or is the mechanism of the game set on announcing any pokemon in specific areas?

Edited by lax

I have recently defeated Red, and have caught Groudon from the Embedded Tower. Assuming Kyogre can be caught somewhere in the wild, would it trigger the event where you obtain the Jade Orb from Prof. Oak, or would I have to trade for it from the other version in order to trigger said event?

I can't find vulpix on route 48...is this a glitch?

Using Soul version...

EDIT: Defiantly a bug..because vulpix at route 48 at night has a chance of 29% appearing...been 3 days searching for him constantly...look on to this please...

btw is gible inserted somewhere in the wild or only in safari?

Edited by lax

HGSS is way more difficult to deal with than the other Gen 4 games, imo. If nothing else, HGSS hacks tend to crash or freeze often, and they compressed and shuffled most of the trickier things to edit. It's a big headache.

It is a shame, though, I agree. In my opinion, HGSS is by far the best Gen 4 game.

Hey :) ...Can you please provide us with the pokemon's location, if you can't then can you remember where you stationed gible :D ..

BTW Amazing Modifications bro, was surprised to find one this accurate and stable, you have my eternal thanks :) .

EDIT - Just found out that when using radio and turning to oak & Mary channel they also announce some of the modified pokemon i've found 2 for now..

-Arcues ~ Whirlpool Islands

-Chickorita ~ National Park

Is this hinting on purpose or is the mechanism of the game set on announcing any pokemon in specific areas?

Holy $#!^! I never knew that! Haha! That's accidently awesome! No I didn't do that apparently that is an automatic game mechanism...

Man this greatly decreses the need for a location guide! Hahaha!

Most likely your flash cart doesn't support it then. Try getting a new one, like a Supercard DStwo.

Highly recommend ak2i. It's what I've always used and it has never failed me. Works with 3ds too.

HGSS is way more difficult to deal with than the other Gen 4 games, imo. If nothing else, HGSS hacks tend to crash or freeze often, and they compressed and shuffled most of the trickier things to edit. It's a big headache.

It is a shame, though, I agree. In my opinion, HGSS is by far the best Gen 4 game.

Only if people don't include the AP patch and/or use the wrong tools. Some things can be more of a hassle to accomplish (such as trade edits, but I did em via hex editing in Platinum anyway...) but they can be done.

Added:

I have recently defeated Red, and have caught Groudon from the Embedded Tower. Assuming Kyogre can be caught somewhere in the wild, would it trigger the event where you obtain the Jade Orb from Prof. Oak, or would I have to trade for it from the other version in order to trigger said event?

I think it should work but I don't recall anymore honestly... Thinking about the way the event is scripted I don't see why it wouldn't work...

I can't find vulpix on route 48...is this a glitch?

Using Soul version...

EDIT: Defiantly a bug..because vulpix at route 48 at night has a chance of 29% appearing...been 3 days searching for him constantly...look on to this please...

btw is gible inserted somewhere in the wild or only in safari?

Maybe you just have terribly bad luck?? That is strange but I don't see any reason for it to bug... And as for gible, he is most likely safari only. We compiled a list of pokemon that were not in the game (as in "in it at all") and worked off of that, so chances are Mushen did not place it anyway else...

This hack would be worlds better if there was a pokemon location list or~ if the newly added Pokemon were more common and in more places! There are so few HG/SS hacks out there, it's a shame!

Oi! I have addressed this previously, now leave it be... Also apparently the radio can help you...

I'm having troubles hacking the roms on the mac, can somebody help me? I read the "Readme" through and can't figure out the problem. Also, is it possible to hack a file with a saved game? Not that I'm trying, but I've been playing one for now and it would be awesome if I could!

Well, I'm doing everything as the Readme suggests. First of, copy of the game to the "Rom" folder. Rename it so there are no spaces. Do the same thing with the patch but copy it to the "Patch" folder. Run the Rom Patcher, wait for process completed. Process Completed does appear, but this message shows up:

Last login: Thu Feb 9 11:24:54 on ttys000

Andres-De-La-Espriellas-MacBook-Pro:~ Chito$ /Users/Chito/Desktop/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;

Patcher Coded by _Retro_

xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

logout

[Process completed]

What I get after that is that the file in the ROM folder hasn't changed its name. Its still the original name that I gave it (the no spaces one). How do I know this is not just a naming issue? I haven't found a single Pokemon from HG. That, and the difficulty level doesn't seem to have changed. Everthing is the same as in the normal walthroughs...

I'm playing SS version, hence why I would like to see the HG exclusives walking around. The main reason I want the patch is to be able to evolve the trading evolutions (Machamp is my favorite Pokemon). The file that I understood was the patch is the one named "PSCE.xdelta". I tried patching the HG version too, just to check that the ROM file wasn't bad, and it wouldn't work either. The patch for HG is named "PHCE.xdelta3", and I did not work either. I'm afraid is the patching system that isn't working.

Edited by chitomachamp
Clarification

I will. Also two more questions. I hope I'm not asking to much but:

1) If I already started a game, can you patch that? Just curious. I'm playing a copy already, I haven't got to far, but the first moments tend to be tedious.

2) If I can't definitely do it, could I send you the ROM File to you and get it patched?

Hey, I love this hack, but I think I just found a bug-

Right after I fought Falkner, the trainer sprites and my Pokemon sprites all became weird black boxes, and when I left the gym, my game went all black and it wouldn't load. It might just be a problem with my ROM, and it'll take a while to see if it was just a one-time bug, as I didn't save before I fought Falkner, but you might want to see if you could find out what happened. Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to say, I was playing Perfect Soul.

Edited by FrostDragon492

Holy $#!^! I never knew that! Haha! That's accidently awesome! No I didn't do that apparently that is an automatic game mechanism...

Man this greatly decreses the need for a location guide! Hahaha!

Haha.. :D .. well tnx for the feedback..got the vulpix and also the gible..No worrys xD..indeed terrible luck :P

Btw in a good mood so i will share this list...

-Arceus

[Whirlpool Islands]

-Cyndakuil

[burned Tower]

-Chikorita

[National Park]

-Azelf

[slowpoke Well]

-Uxie

[union Cave]

-Spirtomb

[bellTower]

-Crandious

[Route 43]

-Latious

[Mt.Silver]

-Regirock

[Mt.Silver]

-Registeel

[Mt.Silver Cave]

-Celebi

[ilex forest]

-Jirachi

[ilex forest]

-Mew

[ilex forest]

Enjoy ;) ...just tune in to the radio from time to time people and also holla me if you find others which are not listed haha..

That's a known bug with almost all flash carts for all ROMs. Likely a one time thing or a rare occasion.

Known bug eh? Never had it happen...

The only thing I've ever had happen on my ak2i was this one time Phantom Hourglass froze and I hadn't saved in 2.5 hours (I've never played it since...)

Other than that I might get a white screen loading a rom if I screw up a f/w update (me not updating loaders usually)

Though this "known bug" still supports my hypothesis that certain "blank pokemon encounters" are flashcart related issues...