Getting game saves from cart with AR

Rodents210

I have an AR DS capable of backing up saves but I have no idea whatsoever of how to do it. I'm attaching a picture of my AR DS so it is clear which version I am using. I have the USB cable and the software for the AR (which doesn't have a game save option).

photo0035r.th.jpg

It's from before the DSi came out, like 2007 or something. There is no MicroSD slot but when I bought it the seller claimed it was the AR model that supported save backups. It looks different from my other ARDS which doesn't have the extra cartridge slot on top.

Hm, it's strange that you can't transfer them to the computer's HDD through USB... I know the AR DS/GBA Duo did DS save backups but not codes, and I had been told that my DS did USB backups too. Sigh, well I guess I'll have to dish out another $30 to get that Backup Adapter Plus...

Yes it does you just need to get an SD micro and back it up on there the only thing that confuses me is that it doesn't work with HGSS saves, but for other games it does then if you want to edit it with Pokesav you just download the save file converter on the Save Edititng R&D forum

Thank you I have been trying to have that question answered ever since the american release of HGSS, but anywho back to the topic of this thread. No the ARDS you have will not backup saves having that slot for the ds cart was simply to streamline the process of using it because with the ARDS that was released before that one you put in the ar cart loaded it up on the ds then swapped it out for the game cart then chose what cheats you wanted to use then swapped it back out for it to save the changes then swapped it out again to actually play the game