NZ Jirachi Legit or not?

Champloo

While the PID and IVs are not LINKED together for Mystery Gift Pokemon, you need to think about the odds....

The odds that a proper nature will come up is 1 / 113,025,455 and the odds that perfect IVs will show up is approximately 23 / 4,294,967,295.

Was it RNGd... possibly.... but HIGHLY unlikely.

Wait, why are the odds for a proper nature THAT high? Surely with only 25 natures, the odds are 1 / 25, assuming you're targeting only one nature.

I myself have several NZ Jirachis, RNG'd to have good natures and the same near-flawless spread (31\31\31\30\30\31). You really can't tell if this one hasn't been RNG'd or cooked up with Pokesav.

Oh you are correct.... sorry, I was doing the calculation wrong and I didn't realize it... its actually 171,798,691 / 4,294,967,295 or 1 / 25 for nature...

I highly doubt that ANY legit WC will have a truly RNGd spread of PERFECT Ivs (thats what I did the calculation for).... and near close is quite a bit higher in odds, but still highly unlikely. Since the RNG is sufficiently random, you can set it to whatever you want and claim it was RNG'd... thats the other problem.

Wait, why are the odds for a proper nature THAT high? Surely with only 25 natures, the odds are 1 / 25, assuming you're targeting only one nature.

I myself have several NZ Jirachis, RNG'd to have good natures and the same near-flawless spread (31\31\31\30\30\31). You really can't tell if this one hasn't been RNG'd or cooked up with Pokesav.

How long ago did RNGing become known or let alone been done? IIRC this NZ Jirachi came out in mid 2009....was RNGing already well known?

I'm asking simply because if the time frame fits then it can possibly be RNGed...but then again as Sabresite put it....it's HIGHLY unlikely....

Oh you are correct.... sorry, I was doing the calculation wrong and I didn't realize it... its actually 171,798,691 / 4,294,967,295 or 1 / 25 for nature...

I highly doubt that ANY legit WC will have a truly RNGd spread of PERFECT Ivs (thats what I did the calculation for).... and near close is quite a bit higher in odds, but still highly unlikely. Since the RNG is sufficiently random, you can set it to whatever you want and claim it was RNG'd... thats the other problem.

So to verify....possible but the odds are astronomical...it's a bummer there no sure fire way of checking whether it's been PokeSav'd or RNGed....

Thanks again for the statistics Sabresite they always help =)