Why isn't the Backup tool (wifi) working for me? (needed for HG/SS)

Emeraldragon

Hello all,

I am having quite a bit of trouble with backing up my Diamond save file to the computer. I am using the NDS backup tool (wifi). As far as I can tell, it is version 0.31. I set up the ftp server, edited the .ini file with my ip address, server name, server password, and port#.

My problem is that the ds simply won't connect to the computer. I disable the firewall. I make sure the ftp server is running. But it just gets stuck "Connecting for Access Point..."

I have the Acekard 2i, in case that makes any difference.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone could help me out or give me any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

~Emeraldragon

Edited by Emeraldragon

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Any suggestions, at least? I'd like to get this working before HG/SS comes out. I want to be able to dump my HG/SS sav file and re-load the edited file. Am I even going about this the right way? Would this even work for the HG/SS games? I've heard that they're somehow different. Do I need a different method to dump and re-load the HG/SS sav files?

~Emeraldragon

EDIT:

I plan on editing my SS game, while playing through my HG game.