Event: Secret Key Event Starts Today

NewsBot

I doubt many people are going to a Toys R Us for this event. If you don't have Wi-Fi, I'm sure a McDonalds or a different establishment closer to you had free Wi-Fi (unless you live really close to Toys R Us).

At least in my neck of the woods, McDonald's only provides wireless for a charge, thus not compatible with the DS. The DS is fairly limited on what type of wireless signals are compatible with it. Too high encryption, having to pay or click for a TOS, going through a VPN, and many more limit the places that'll work with it.

i wonder why that desicion was made. i know that japan got this event twice. that seems to me that there is a big calling for the gift. i dunno it justr seems odd that an event that needed to be given out twice in japan can't be shared in the US

*dons the mask of the corporate pig*

think about it. In order to get the key we need to go to Toys R Us. Who knows, maybe you'll buy something there. Why take the chance and allow redistribution? Make it so everyone that wants the key has to go to Toys R Us. That boosts their chances of random people buying toys.

*dons the mask of the corporate pig*

think about it. In order to get the key we need to go to Toys R Us. Who knows, maybe you'll buy something there. Why take the chance and allow redistribution? Make it so everyone that wants the key has to go to Toys R Us. That boosts their chances of random people buying toys.

Making it available over Wi-Fi as well makes that pretty pointless, though. Most households have wireless these days, and for those that don't it's pretty easy to get access to elsewhere.

But they'll be a lot of people who don't buy Platinum until after the TRU and Wi-Fi giveaways, and they'll have no way of getting the Secret Key unless there's another event in the future; and friends who may've had Platinum and got the Secret Key won't even be able to share the WC.

At least in my neck of the woods, McDonald's only provides wireless for a charge, thus not compatible with the DS. The DS is fairly limited on what type of wireless signals are compatible with it. Too high encryption, having to pay or click for a TOS, going through a VPN, and many more limit the places that'll work with it.

Yes, the wi-fi is messed up a little bit for the DS. I have a friend that I play Wii games with online (MKWii and Brawl) with him all of the time but for some reason, he's got no Wi-Fi on his DS. We've tried just about everything to get it to work...oh well.:creep:

Yes, the wi-fi is messed up a little bit for the DS. I have a friend that I play Wii games with online (MKWii and Brawl) with him all of the time but for some reason, he's got no Wi-Fi on his DS. We've tried just about everything to get it to work...oh well.:creep:

The Wii can connect to WPA wifi (stronger security) whereas the DS can only connect to WEP. The DSi can connect to WPA though. As far as I know there is no way to connect your DS to the Wii to get to WiFi. However, if I am wrong please let me know!

I finally got the key and I'm so happy. I told my friend about the event (he thought it was in september) and my other friend (who did not even know about Nintendo events) I was astonished. I'm so glad that I found this site. I guess there is always pokemon.com. However, one of my friends doesn't actually pay attention to stuff like that and hopes that I'll tell him everything. However, I think I'm going to stop to get him to actually do research.

Also, when it comes to sharing, cant you use the cloning cheat to clone the rotom while he is in regular form and all of his new formes? I think that is what I'm going to do. I'm going to trade it over to pearl and use a cloning cheat on them and bam! Multiple rotoms, then I trade it back.

Also, when it comes to sharing, cant you use the cloning cheat to clone the rotom while he is in regular form and all of his new formes? I think that is what I'm going to do. I'm going to trade it over to pearl and use a cloning cheat on them and bam! Multiple rotoms, then I trade it back.

Why go to all that trouble when you can just breed Rotom?